Taking the CDL test will be much easier after going through our practice CDL tests here online. This is the Hazmat Endorsement portion of the CDL written practice exam. These questions are very similar to the ones you'll find on the actual CDL written test you'll be taking to get your CDL license. Follow along with the test questions below and read through the explanations that follow each CDL test question to get some better insights into the CDL exam and the trucking industry itself.
1. Shippers package in order to ______________the material.
A. safely ship
B. quickly ship
C. cheaply ship
2. Drivers placard their vehicle to_________the risk.
3. What three things do you need to know to decide which placards (if any) you need?
A. Amount of all hazardous material on your truck, the weight of the material, the color of the material.
B. What you were told is on the truck, the amount of material on the truck, materials hazard class.
C. Materials hazard class, amount being shipped, amount of all hazardous material on your truck.
4. A hazardous materials identification number must appear on the _________and on the ____________. The identification number must also appear on cargo tanks and other bulk packagings.
A. front of the tractor, back of the trailer
B. front of the tractor, back of trailer, each side of trailer
C. front of the tractor, back of trailer, one side of trailer
5. Where must you keep shipping papers describing hazardous materials?
A. In the tool storage area.
B. In the driver's wallet.
C. In the cab of the tractor driver door or in view within immediate reach.
6. What is shipper's certification?
A. Certifies that the package has been prepared according to the rules.
B. Certifies that the materials have been paid for.
C. Certifies that the driver has a CDL with Hazardous Material Endorsement.
7. Where does the shipping certification appear?
A. On copies of the shipping papers.
B. On the original shipping papers.
C. On the packaging papers.
8. Who signs the shipping certification?
A. The driver hauling the hazardous materials.
B. The shipper packaging the hazardous materials.
C. The owner of the truck hauling the materials.
9. When may non-hazardous materials be described by hazard class words or identification numbers?
A. When shipping in warm weather conditions
B. When the shipper feels it would be safer to do this.
C. When the non-hazardous are shipped along with the hazardous materials.
10. Your load includes 20 pounds of division 2.3 gas and .1001 pounds of flammable gas. What placard do you need?
11. Around which hazard classes must you never smoke?
A. Any class of explosives, oxidizers, or flammables
B. Class 8 explosives, class 6 flammable solids, class 7 explosives, class 5 flammable solids
C. Class 1 through 5 flammable liquids
12. Which three hazard classes should not be loaded into a trailer that has a heater or air conditioner unit?
A. Class 4 explosives, class 1 oxidizer, class 8 flammable solid
B. Class 1 explosives, class 4 flammable solids, class 5 oxidizers
C. Class 1 flammable solid, class 2 flammable solid, class 3 flammable solid
13. Should the floor liner required for Division 1.1 or 1.2 (Explosives A) be stainless steel?
14. What are cargo tanks?
A. Tanks that are not permanently attached to a vehicle.
B. Tanks that are put on the vehicle for transportation.
C. Tanks that remain on the vehicle when you load and unload them.
15. What is a portable tank?
A. Tanks that are permanently attached to a vehicle.
B. Tanks that are not permanently attached to a vehicle and are loaded and unloaded while the tank is off the vehicle.
C. Tanks that are sometimes attached and sometimes not attached to a vehicle
TruckingTruth's first mobile app is called "CDL Practice Test" and contains 565 challenging multiple choice questions straight out of the CDL manual. In fact, we've taken the same challenging questions we use in our High Road Training Program and packaged them up for quick access when you're on the go.
Our "CDL Practice Test" app covers the entire CDL permit exam and all of the endorsement exams. Each question includes a snippet from the CDL manual containing the answer, and as an added bonus we threw in some helpful advice from experienced drivers along the way. These practice questions will certainly challenge you and test your knowledge of the CDL manual. If you can do well on these questions, you're definitely ready for the CDL exams.
We hope you'll take a minute to check our our app. It's the best way to get a lot of practice in before test time!
(iPhone/iPad version coming soon!)