1. Which of the following statements about "Radioactive" labels is true?
A. Yellow III indicates the highest level of radioactivity
B. Yellow II indicates the highest level of radioactivity
C. White I indicates the highest level of radioactivity
D. Black III indicates the highest level of radioactivity
2. When transporting both hazardous and non hazardous materials, your bills must...
A. Describe the hazardous materials first
B. Have the hazardous materials highlighted
C. Identify the materials by the letter X or RQ in the HM column
D. Any one of the above
3. The designation RQ identifies the material's...
A. Reference Quotient
B. Regulatory Quotient
C. Reportable Quantity
D. Regulatory Quantity
4. When transporting hazardous waste, you must...
A. Have the word "WASTE" before the name of the material on the bills
B. Sign a Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifest
C. Carry a Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifest in the truck
D. All of the above
5. On the Hazardous Materials Table, column 1 shows...
A. how to ship an item
B. to what shipping mode the information on that line applies
C. how much of the material can be put in a vehicle without placarding
D. what materials can be loaded together
6. Tankers used to transport hazardous materials on vehicles must be marked with...
A. the UN or NA ID number of the product
B. the date of manufacture
C. the CHEMTREC phone number
D. the owner's PUCO or ICC number
7. A placarded vehicle must have at least ___ placards?
8. Of the following hazardous material classes, which is the most dangerous?
A Division 6.1
B. Division 6.2
C. Division 6.3
D. Division 6.4
9. You must control how far packages labeled "Radioactive II" or "Radioactive III" are located from people and cargo space walls by referring to...
A. the transport index and the Separation Distances Table
B. the List of Hazardous Materials and Reportable Quantities
C. the Table of Hazardous Materials
D. the Segregation and Separation Chart
10. You should turn off your engine when loading flammable liquid unless...
A. The material does not need a placard
B. You need the engine to run the pump
C. You are a non-smoker
D. You are loading at night and need the headlights
11. The hazardous materials will be named on...
A. The Hazardous Materials Table List
B. The List of Hazardous Substances and Reportable Quantities
C. Either one of the above lists
D. Neither of the above lists
12. A "Segregation and Separation Chart" indicate...
A. Products that cannot be loaded together in the same trailer
B. Products requiring special handling
C. Products requiring special labeling
D. Products that are transported with animals
13. The shipper must attach a diamond-shaped label to hazardous materials by...
A. Putting a label on the package
B. Putting a label on a tag attached to the product
C. Putting a label on the product
D. Any one of the above
14. You should never transport a package labeled poison if you are hauling...
A. Porous products
B. Food products
15. Which one of the following shipping descriptions is in the proper order...
A. Phosgene, Poison A, UN1076
B. Poison A, UN1076, Phosgene
C. Phosgene, UN1076, Poison A
D. UN1076, Poison A, Phosgene
TruckingTruth's first mobile app is called "CDL Practice Test" and contains 565 challenging multiple choice questions straight out of the CDL manual. In fact, we've taken the same challenging questions we use in our High Road Training Program and packaged them up for quick access when you're on the go.
Our "CDL Practice Test" app covers the entire CDL permit exam and all of the endorsement exams. Each question includes a snippet from the CDL manual containing the answer, and as an added bonus we threw in some helpful advice from experienced drivers along the way. These practice questions will certainly challenge you and test your knowledge of the CDL manual. If you can do well on these questions, you're definitely ready for the CDL exams.
We hope you'll take a minute to check our our app. It's the best way to get a lot of practice in before test time!
(iPhone/iPad version coming soon!)