Comments By John S.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/freightliner-trucks-classic.jpg avatar
  • John S.
  • 11 months ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Sleeper Berth...on a customer site?

0732222001641585401.jpg

0761185001641585433.jpg

Also, this is from the trucking truth website. I don't understand why it's bad? It's 34 hours off duty...

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Sleeper Berth...on a customer site?

G-Town,

What is the practical difference between sleeper and off duty? Can you count your time spent in the sleeper as off duty?

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Company Sponsored Training In California?

Banks,

I live between Stockton, Ca and Sacramento Ca: in Acampo, CA. However, the proximity of the school doesn't necessarily matter to me just as long as they also provide temporary housing.

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Company Sponsored Training In California?

Every company I've been interested in so far does not appear to have company sponsored training in California. What companies do?

Thanks.

Posted:  11 months ago

Driver pay from my perspective

I expected to make 100k a year off the rip going into LTL rofl-2.gif rofl-1.gif

That's because that was all I heard when LTL guys were talking about how much they were making. Nobody was talking about seniority or how long it takes to get there.

I think I read your story when you were becoming a driver. Didn't you get to 100k pretty quickly? How long did it take? My goal/hope is to make at least 80k after a couple of years, and I will be quite pleased.

Posted:  11 months ago

Autonomous truck driving taking over?

My brother was a program manager for Tesla, and now he makes autonomous drones. He's an aeronautical and mechanical engineer. He thinks self-driving trucks are going to happen in less than 10 years. I hope he's wrong because I want to drive longer than that.

Posted:  11 months ago

Advice for my CDL test

What "higher chances" would she have? Do you expect someone to risk their job to help a "cute female"? Do you not think that a tester can be a female?

I meant a higher chance at getting extra training. It was my observation that the administrator of the school I attended only gave personal extra training time to the females in the class. It's just human nature. Also, infact, my testers were female. I think you're reading what I'm saying differently than I mean it.

Color me surprised. You seem to have a habit of saying stupid things.

Aren't you an ornery little fella.

Posted:  11 months ago

Advice for my CDL test

You will find it very difficult to find someone to let you use their truck. Ask the school for more time in their trucks.

It was very difficult for me to get more time with the school as well. I ended up deciding that the DMV behind the wheel tests were my training. The testers were not amused. Shantiwa probably has a lot higher chances than I did since she's a cute female.