Comments By Belluavir

https://cdllife.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Man-Trucks-Concept-S2-600x400.jpg avatar
  • Belluavir
  • Comments:

Drug Testing , why the worries?

Because there is a big difference between a hair test and a urine test in terms of wait times, the risk of failure and that its kind of a known unknown.

Werner Dollar General

I spoke to a Werner recruiter today and he said they would be able to get me on a Dollar General account. He said I could expect $50 - $53,000 annually, more than OTR (I don't remember that figure, but $.30 per mile).

I've been shying away from Werner but this seems like a good deal. Is this claim accurate? I can handle the labor, infact I think I might perfer it. Is this a good deal?

Starting Pay For Schneider

I have noticed the companies with the best pay and benefits are ones that require a year or more of experience. That isn't an accident, experienced and skilled drivers produce more value fir their employer and customers than some joe six pack off the street with no idea what their doing, which is the position you are in right now.

Satellite T.V.

It's not just millenials. I'm 44 years old and while I love NPR, classical music, and talk radio, I am interested in many of the things you're describing. I don't watch TV. Having a TV will be a waste. But quality, high speed mobile internet for streaming purposes would be amazing, even if it's implementation would be at my expense.

Of course! When you are putting together a target market segment you have to generalize. Its a good point though, the internet has been around as we know it for at least 30 years and the trend across the board is people are switching to the internet as their primary media.

Satellite T.V.

It would be nice to have a wifi antenna so you can pick up wifi from farther away, they cost about $500. Sat internet has always been overpriced and under performing, it seems like the demand and competition just isnt there for enough to be invested in improving the tech substantially.

I am hoping that some of them will negotiate with the wireless carriers for discounts on service or a free 10 gig dongle or something.

This is definitely a step in the right direction, but if they want millenials in trucks, internet is the way to go. Lots of us have a lot of college debt, a crap degree and no job, trucking theoretically could have strong appeal to that target market. Trucking companies should be targetting the millenial pschyodemographic at sources they frequent and with messages they'll listen to. They dont listen to radio morning shows that appeal to lower middle class white males 40+, for example (looking at you Schneider), and they generally tune out banjo music and messages about good Christian family values. The image of the trucker is an old white fat hick, but that can be turned around with the right messaging and a few perks that millenials would like.

Citalopram

If it causes impairment it would definately be a problem. If its an SSRI, make might appear on a drug test but not sure, I couldnt find it on the DEA schedule list but FDA seems to say it is a prescription drug so if you are taking it without one that might create an issue if they find out about it.

A rock and hard place

Have you considered getting student loan?

Starting a new career

I'm not a driver yet but my understanding is that this is not an issue, you will be dispatched on a load close by to your home, and you can take the truck home or wherever you plan on parking it. You might call prime and ask about this if its an issue for you.

How to spot a fake online review

I love those reviews from the wives where there is nothing but a garbled mess of over emotional vitriol. Nasty stuff when its followed by some poor sap who has taken it to heart.

I always figured their husband got himself **** canned and then made up all this garbage to blame the company so she wouldnt know they just blew six grand on his incompetence. Hook, line and sinker honey!

Don't forget who the customer is!!

Lol, man, wish I could have seen that. Dude needs a couple of valiums and a diaper change.

Might be going to Werner

Good point, thanks for that perspective Brett, I'll keep that in mind!

Roehl pet policy/Werner pet policy

What kind if dig do you have?

Might be going to Werner

Spoke to Megan this morning from the training school in Missouri, Werner us apparently 'very interested' but havent approved the financing for sponsor me yet. It isnt even noon yet! Still it'll be hard for them to beat the record of my current job hiring me 4 hours after my application!

Apparently if I get hired I'll ship out on the 9th, it seems so fast, I mostly was dipping my toes in to see if they woukd even give me the time of day lol. Maybe I can ask for them to push it back another two weeks? Guess I'll find out. Hopefully Werner is an okay company to start out with. Honestly as long as they pay more than .20cpm and let me bring my husband with me, I'm not too worried about the little details.

I am both ready and not ready at the same time. Hopefully going this far into the process won't damage my prospects with them if I decide I need another month or two.

Best company for a beginner

Oh really!? lol, nvm then, I should pay more attention to "date posted"

Schneider vs TMC

Prime pays better than both of them

Best company for a beginner

He/she did say they had a CDL already.

There are a lot of companies out there that hire new drivers. I am not a driverbut I am working on getting the money together now. So on top of those suggestions already made, you might consider Keim TS, Modular Transport or Maverick if you dont mind flatbed. Crete looks good as well as Marvin Keller, Old Dominion, Central Refidgerated and Celadon. There are a ton of companies that hire new drivers all with different pluses and minuses, its a drivers market so to speak.

3 Months In and questioning things...

Not a trucker yet but I have had a few regular jobs, some I have even like, and they all had one thing in common. They all kinda sucked sometimes, even the one I liked, sometimes **** just didn't work like it should; the network would go down, rude nasty customers, equipment breaking down, manager in a bad mood, all kinds of stuff. No matter what job I get, even a dream job, sometimes its going to suck pretty hard and nothing I can do about it but get through the day and move on.

All this stuff is pretty sucky yeah, but thats what working is about, managing all those sucky times. If it was all sunshine and roses you would be paying them to do this rather than the other way around.

WESTERN EXPRESS

They have their own hotel? Is it a Best Western?

Tanker Driver Dies Swerving To Avoid Hurting Motorists

I care more about my husband than strangers, if someone had to die I would rather it not be me especially if it isnt my fault.

Btw, why buy an expensive SUV if it cant even drive over a damn mattress.