Comments By Jay R. R2-Detour

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0276345001582861768-30768.jpg avatar

How short am I? This short...

Great job on that load! I'm just a reefer driver but I appreciate when you flatbed drivers tarp up in an aesthetically pleasing way. Although it really has no bearing on me, it drives me CRAZY following a flatbedder who has tarps flapping maniacally in the wind.

3 Month Med card, Supposed to start with swift in 2 days.

And for what it's worth, Swift fit acted like needing a sleep study was no biggie either.

3 Month Med card, Supposed to start with swift in 2 days.

You hear all these horror stories of how trucking companies treat you like crap and do not make any sense. With such a shortage of drivers, it would make sense for them to make it more accessible as long as it does not bring any undue risk.

It was no big deal at Celadon. Did the sleep study in my dorm room, they said I needed a cpap. Issued me a brand new one and I paid for it through payroll deduction.

3 Month Med card, Supposed to start with swift in 2 days.

And when I got my CDL, they still have me a three month cats to make sure I was in compliance with my cpap usage. After that, they gave me a 1 year card.

3 Month Med card, Supposed to start with swift in 2 days.

I had the same issue. As far as needing a sleep study. Swift told me they'd cover it (I assumed I'd have to pay it back) but I went through Celadon who also covered it. I only chose Celadon over Swift because Celadons training was in Indianapolis Indiana, and I only live a little over an hour from there.

Inner Axle Differential

And by "blasting" I of course mean pucker butting at a snail's pace while white knuckling the steering wheel.

Inner Axle Differential

It's exactly the same principle as running 4WD on a pickup. You're simply engaging another axle. Use it anytime the roads are slick. Contrary to what some have said it's not going to bust to pieces or explode if you use it on dry roads or for longer periods of time. It wasn't built to be fragile or only to be used one mile per year. When you engage the front axle it operates the same way the rear axle does so you don't have to be shy about it. Use it anytime the roads are slick and you'd like the comfort of knowing you have two axles putting power to the ground instead of one.

So I CAN use it when I'm blasting through the snow belt?

System clean..Starting at Celadon next week

I appreciate it guys. Just wanted to know what to expect kind of, and items I needed but I have the correct birth certificate, ss cards, passport and all that. But would you guys know of something to bring that you didn't but you wish you had? Any comments on how the dorm is?

Dorm is small. Has a bed,a night stand a stand up closet and tv. There is a full gym with workout equipment and basketball court, so maybe gym clothes? I never went in there,I was a loner.

System clean..Starting at Celadon next week

Everything is pretty much,provided for you. Dont over pack,the dorm rooms are tiny. Make sure you have the correct birth certificate,with certified stamp,ss card,etc. Lots of people bring incorrect items.

This. And be patient. Treat it as a long term interview. There are a lot of students and a handful of instructors. They were trying to button things down when I was graduating in April. Hopefully they've cleaned up some of the inefficiencies. If you get aggravated, take a breath. Like I said, treat it as an extended interview process.

XM radio opinions

My service has been really spotty. Not sure if it's my location, or my antenna is going bad. Only had it a couple months, but I get the "check antenna" screen at least 2-4 times a day. I figure it is the antenna, because today it was mostly clear skies and on a flat stretch of I70 in Ohio.....

Inner Axle Differential

I've used it when I'm stuck with a slippery surface. It's not for long-time/highway use, just for the times you need that extra oomph.

So when I'm driving I-90 from Cleveland to Johnstown NY, not advisable? Lol

Inner Axle Differential

When is a time this should be used? Snowy roads, if you're stuck, never?

Sirius satellite radio question

I see a lot of trucks with the tall beacon looking antennas. Do they make that much of a difference over the one that comes with it? (The little square one)

Are you talking about the square magnets? Yes, they are better than the square magnet antennas? At least, for me, they're better.

Dave

Guess I need to figure out a way to mount one to my Freightliner.

Sirius satellite radio question

Ready to go to court

My dedicated route is 2,250 miles a week. And I have to do it in 5 days. Just sayin....

Floating Gears vs Double Clutching

My truck doesn't have a clutch.

Hope I didn't screw up..

My DM called me, literally as my wife pulled up to get me for my home time. Asked me if I could take an extra lead tomorrow. I declined because it's my wife's birthday and we had plans set up already. My new dedicated account I'm home every weekend, but I requested this one 3 weeks ago when I was otr.. I told him any other extra runs he gets I'll take, but I can't help but feel like I should've maybe taken it.... I almost want him to ask me next weekend.

No you'll be fine. You were already sent home and your wife was there to get you. They won't think anything of it.

He said he'd feel bad getting me in trouble with the wife. Lol

Hope I didn't screw up..

Question for Brett (or other new Yorkers)

shocked.pngshocked.pngshocked.png

Question for Brett (or other new Yorkers)

Guess that doesn't matter....I take I70 to 71 north to I90...lol.