Comments By Hudsonhawk

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/1614249_636744949695841_2141260707_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9 avatar
  • Hudsonhawk
  • Comments:

Trainer refuses to put chains on is saying we are gonna wait a week for snowstorm to pass

I'm not really sure this sounds like a good idea. I don't have food or toilet paper or anything. Dude kept refusing to go to a walmart to get prepared. Now I'm stuck in vail chains required, snowstorm coming for next six days and dude says he doesn't put chains on the truck. So what, we just park for a few days without food or facilities? That doesn't make any sense.....

Well.....back out with a trainer

Aww man wish I could of gone out with my original trainer. This guy does things much differently and keeps yelling at ne I'm doing everything wrong.

More training

Well I had a jacknife in cabbage and my company is having me do additional training for snow and ice.

I'm not sure how this is training though. All I'm experiencing is team driving with out the team pay. I should be happy I still have a job which I am but it's discouraging that this "training" isn't really what I need.

They tried to get me to drive through vail at night when it was 12 degrees outside. I told them I'm not doing that and they were okay with it.

I'm not sure if it was the right call or not but they didn't say anything. Roads were dry but when I went through in the morning there was ice all over the road. Eventually either my patience is going to wear thin or my wallet is. Spending 6+months making less than $10/hr for this kind of work is tearing me down and breaking my savings. I guess trucking isn't for everyone.

The jacknife they said I wasn't responsible but there was no way I could have been prepared for it. Go to the top of a pass and boom a couple inches of pure ice on the road. I just don't see how I'm suppose to prepare for that or how this additional training is suppose to help.

Just gonna keep moving forward one step in front of the other and keep my head high.

Truck stop backing incidents

I'd love to not park at truck stops, I didn't know this was an option.

Home Time

The reason I say that is because the old distribution company I use to work for UNFI has a 1 year experience requirement. It's been my goal this whole time. Go back to the company I use to work for but for much better money.

Home Time

You may want to look at local distribution centers in your area. Companies big companies.

Home Time

I am so ready to upgrade to solo !

Yeah I had a trailer jacknife and have to redo my training. So it's gonna be a total of 6 months tram driving without the pay once this is all said and done.

Don't mess with the ice, that's all I got to say.

Best company paid cdl training?

Schneider is really 6/3? What's the pay?

When to know when to shut down and how?

Doesn't help when you drive into it and don't see it coming. It's not safe to just park anywhere.

Hit Black Ice.. What to Expect?

You figure it out?

When to know when to shut down and how?

So in light of recent events I need advice on this. The night before I had my accident I got stuck in some nasty weather where I couldnt see two inches in front of me. I made it through Deadmans pass going like 5mph with my flashers on and got the last parking spot at a truck stop. Even if I wanted to shutdown when I got to the fog I couldn't I was in a interstate so I had to keep going. The next day I hit the ice trying to start up too early. I found out I should of waited a little later in the day but I didn't know better. I'm new.

With all these variables how do you anticipate bad conditions until you hit them? I don't see what I could of changed. Once I hit the ice it was total loss of staring and try as I might I couldn't see that coming and I couldn't anticipate it. Maybe if I had a thermometer. I was going about 15mph so I wasn't speeding.

Well, my day is just dandy so far!

Some days you eat the bar and some times the bar eats you. Sounds rough day.

Hit Black Ice.. What to Expect?

My new trainer will be here tomorrow, one more night in the ramada. Hoping he's cool.

The Adventures of Daniel B.

Ridiculously exhausting

What to do/expect in a jacknife situation?

Most trucks have a little hand break that can help for trailer only breaks. Basically if the trailer takes over your in trouble so one way or another you need to find a way to get it straightened out is what everyone to me. Unfortunately my company doesn't have the hand breaks for their trailers.

Hit Black Ice.. What to Expect?

So they aren't making you redo the training? That's strange two similar stories and two different outcomes. I didn't get a ticket or anything. Oh well I'm happy I still have a job.

Hit Black Ice.. What to Expect?

Are you leasing? I Mena hence the loaner truck?

Hit Black Ice.. What to Expect?

Hopefully it's the same, just have to redo the training. I've been in the ramada since Friday night just waiting on another trainer. Have to call my dispatcher tomorrow see if I need it for another night. Hope the guy is legit. Have to downsize my posessions.

If they have you redo training be sure to get a receipt for your load locks and tire chains. You turn them in at the gatehouse just make sure you get a name, signature and date. I had to press to get the signature and date, most of the people working in the terminal are pretty biased against drivers. I don't blame themthey deal with alot of negative people but they could be a bit more accommodating of you ask me.

Hit Black Ice.. What to Expect?

Not a single day of winter driving. I didn't get a ticket so I'm happy it won't show up on my cdl.