Comments By Stephanie D.

https://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab204/moonandstars0311/Facebook/Profile%20Pictures/11088336_10155497091630393_4086288604378685625_n_zpsblvz2gmd.jpg avatar

Posted:  7 years ago

Need some under bunk cooler advice!

Thanks for the great advice! He is reluctant to take the passenger seat out in case we ever get to do a ride a long...

Posted:  7 years ago

An in-depth look inside my LW truck (a must see!)

Thank you for sharing!

Posted:  7 years ago

Need some under bunk cooler advice!

Hubby is planning on putting a cooler under a bunk on a light weight freight liner as soon as he gets done with his TNT and I need to know what size cooler to get him without him having to take out his passenger seat. Thanks! <3

He will find that Prime puts the underbunk heater in what little space you have, so I don't think he will find a cooler that will fit in what little space that will be available.

I have driven a LW freightliner with the seat in and/or out. Because of space restrictions (bunk is right behind the seats), he would be better taking out the seat for the added space he will have. He will already have minimal space as it is, so by taking the seat out he will be increasing the amount of space available and be more comfortable in the process. Also, make sure he ask's for a curtain to go around the windows up front (Prime provides them to the company drivers) so that he doesn't have to buy them at a truckstop.

I will try and look for the pictures I have from when I removed my seat so that you have a better idea of space with/without the seat.

Ernie

Thank you!

Posted:  7 years ago

Need some under bunk cooler advice!

The Tough Reality Of OTR Team Driving

As a rookie's wife, I really appreciate you sharing this. He's currently in his TNT phase and tells me every day how he can't wait to get on his own truck. He has no issues with his trainer (thankfully), he just cannot get used to trying to sleep while the other guys is driving and getting woke up at every bump, which makes me worry more about him driving the overnight shift on so little sleep. Thanks for sharing and best of luck to you! :)

Posted:  7 years ago

Tell me it gets easier with spouse or boyfriend on the road.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to help me!!

Posted:  7 years ago

Tell me it gets easier with spouse or boyfriend on the road.

Neither one of us have very many friends. I'm pretty close with my mom but I try not to talk about our relationship too much with her. Pretty much it was just he and I most of the time, which is certainly a huge factor in the loneliness. I can appreciate that neither of us should drag one another down by too much complaining, but as his partner, I WANT him to talk to me. Granted there's not anything he can do from the road, but I want to know what is going on in his life, that is what a relationship is to me. When you start withholding information is the beginning of the end in my mind, or can lead you into the arms of your new "confidant". I don't want that for either of us and I'm sure he doesn't either. But there just doesn't seem to be a happy medium. I don't want to stress him out and he doesn't want to stress me out but there is not a whole lot more going on in either of our lives than the "trucker path" in front of us.

Posted:  7 years ago

Tell me it gets easier with spouse or boyfriend on the road.

And let me add that I have SO much respect for him. I am so grateful to him that he is working so hard for our family to be an excellent provider. I can rationalize all the reasons why this is a good thing for us and all the reasons we are BOTH making these sacrifices (we are in this together even though we what feels like a million miles apart). I feel silly now being such a whiner. I just had to get it out and figured this would be a good place to get some insight.

Posted:  7 years ago

Tell me it gets easier with spouse or boyfriend on the road.

Old School, I get that I do not want to weigh him down with how I am feeling. We're both completely stressed out as it is and that is definitely causing a rift between us to begin with. Then factor in that we are both going through new experiences and fears, and I'm an emotional woman and he is a stoic man and it's just a recipe for disaster lol Who can I talk to about this stuff with if I cannot talk to him about it though? I do not want to burden him with my crap but having no one to talk to is just adding to the loneliness.

Posted:  7 years ago

Tell me it gets easier with spouse or boyfriend on the road.

Robert, you mentioned skype. We skyped quite a bit in the beginning and haven't now in weeks. He is having problems with his cell data service in many areas. What cell company seems to be the best to use nationwide?

I will get through, I have faith that we will get through, I just needed someone to talk to about it I guess.

I do not want him to mess up his chances of getting a better job by leaving his first one before his dues are paid so to speak. We committed to this and need to see it through. Ultimately, he does want to get a local job but that is so far off in the distance it doesn't feel like it will ever be a reality.

Posted:  7 years ago

Tell me it gets easier with spouse or boyfriend on the road.

I do not work outside of the home. Our boys are 5 and 7. We are not married, been together 4 years and engaged for 1.5. We do talk and text pretty often just doesn't seem to be a whole lot to talk about at the moment. His life is driving now and my life is just the same old boring house stuff. I know that we will get through it eventually, it is just getting to that point that is the issue I guess. Getting adjusted. We both knew going into it that it would not be easy for the first year. I have pretty much been a raging ***** and I am sure I am not making life any easier for him. The wife forums say to keep it light and positive but if I can't talk to him about how I feel then who am I supposed to talk to? And then in the meantime I am just making him feel worse. The career is supposed to better our lives and I feel like my thoughts are dragging us down. I do trust him and I don't really worry that much about him not being faithful. Of course it's a thought but it's not a huge concern. And I am not even worried that much about his safety, I know he is smart and capable. Don't worry about where he is at or anything like that. I feel silly. I just miss my guy and need to find a project.

Posted:  7 years ago

Tell me it gets easier with spouse or boyfriend on the road.

Thanks Errol! What does your wife do to keep busy? Have you guys transitioned easily? From everything I have read online I know that I am not alone but knowing you're not alone and feeling like you are not alone are 2 totally different things! I am sure it is not easy for you guys either, trust me I know. Unfortunately being able to rationalize these things does not really provide much solace.

Posted:  7 years ago

Tell me it gets easier with spouse or boyfriend on the road.

My guy has been gone for a month now aside from 12 hours he got to spend with us a few weeks ago. This is hard stuff. Going so long without any money to pay bills while he was in training before he passed his cdl test, let alone take the kids to go and do anything has made me feel like a prisoner in our home. When we talk there are awkward silences because neither one of us really seem to understand what the other is going through.

I am trying my best to be supportive but there has been a major communication breakdown. We are finally in the home stretch of an actual paycheck next week and he'll be home for a visit in 2 weeks but I am already having anxiety about when he leaves again. We are getting by here at the house, the kids are adjusting ok and I've stepped up with the "house duties". I am just so lonely.

I've been trying to keep busy but there is only so much to do and then my mind starts to wander about a girl he was in training with and then we just fight. I am just ready for all of us to get into some kind of routine but at the same time I don't want our lives to ever feel normal without him being here if that makes any sense. Our relationship is suffering and I am scared.

I do trust him and I trust myself, I guess I just had no idea quite how lonesome this was actually going to be. I am sure he is feeling the same with missing us but at least he has his trainer to hang out with even though I'm sure he's sick of him by this point. I don't know I am just on such a roller coaster of emotions and I really am doing my best to get through this.

I have looked up a ton of forums for truckers wives and there is so much positivity to be found, but at the same time there is a lot of complaining, stress, and worry which just gets me worked up all over again. I'm just not sure what to do. I want to be the best woman I can be for him so that he is happy to call and happy to come home. There is probably no advice that anyone can offer other than the stuff I've already read, get a hobby, keep busy, love your trucker..

I'm doing all that and it's just not enough. I don't want to make him feel guilty, I know he is doing this to better our financial situation but at this point I am wondering if the cost is worth the eventual pay. Sorry to go on and on I guess I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening :) -Sleepless in Ohio