Comments By Mike V.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/truckstop-park.jpg avatar
  • Mike V.
  • Comments:

I PASSED!! whoop!

Passed my State Of Texas CDL class A!! happy dance in effect!! Start in the truck tomorrow, cant wait!

CDL written exam tomorrow!!

Oh yea....PASSED my D O T physical today TOO!!!!

CDL written exam tomorrow!!

Thanks everyone!

CDL written exam tomorrow!!

Ok guys and gals, going in for my cdl exam tomorrow am!!! Please wish me luck, ive been studying all of my classroom material vigorously and taken the exam here 2 or 3 times. I'M READY!

GPS?

Thanks, i know they cant be trusted 100%!!

Avoid running out of hours or enjoy time off?

WHEW!!! Ive got alot to learn!!

GPS?

Ok guys, I know alot of you run Rand Mcnally GPS but Im partial to garmin because its what ive had for years. Which one do you like better and why?

Halted

Only way I know of is to start over....i had to do it 4 or 5 times myself. Sucks but makes you better, maybe someone else can chime in?

Blue tooth

But what if you arent driving? Would that depend on the trainer too?

Missing Driving Schools On the Driving School Page

I dont see Career Trucking School on the list either. Thats the one I am attending.

Medical issue during 1st wk of school!

Well Ernie , I guess I should have done a lil more homework before I signed up for classes. Hopefully my Dr will clear me and fax the D O T doctor a letter saying im good to go. Even if its a one yr at a time card, Ive already paid and hope to be able to continue.

Medical issue during 1st wk of school!

Thanks, thats the plan, to have my regular MD clear me on the meds. Or maybeswitch me to something else, though Ive never felt better than the meds im on now.

Medical issue during 1st wk of school!

Nobody? could use a lil advice here.

Medical issue during 1st wk of school!

Ok, sitting in class, 1st day. Secretary comes in and lays down an appointment sheet for me to go and do the d o t physical on wedsnesday of the first week of class. No problem. NOT!!! I know I am border line diabetic and am on metformin at this time for it. Also am bi-polar and i am on 3 different meds for it. Needless to say, no physical! High blood sugar and an unapproved by d o t bi polar med. Found this out in middle of the week of first week of class. D O T Dr. sent me out with two letters requesting lab results and medical reason for the bi polar meds. Presently waiting for my dr to get back to me. Class was $4250.00 oh by the way. Did my school somehow "not" ask me the right questions when I signed up and handed them a check? Surely they knew some meds are on the D O T %$%t list??? Any how, hopefully my regular dr will clear me and I can finish the physical. Is there anything else I can do? I am still showing up for classes in the hopes of being cleared.

thanks

Too old for Flatbed?

Old school....can I ask what issues. have a few of my own, and would rather get some kind of release from my dr ahead of time.

High Road training success

I got halted at the very LAST SECTION!!! the New York coil section. It took me 4 or 5 trys, but I made it. Very helpful in that im answering questions my instructor asks with out looking in the books or manuals. He says "someone has been practicing"!!

Roehl Transportation: Pro's Vs. Cons

What are roehls areas of operation? any terminals in texas?

What did you do before becoming a truck driver?

Oil field mechanic working on rig floor drilling equipment.

Truck driving school starts monday!

Hey guys....newb here. I start truck driving school on monday here in tyler tx. at a private school. What can I expect and does anyone have any advice? Im taking the practice courses here on TT, and reading all I can. I hope to graduate and get a job in the oilfield but im not against OTR. thanks in advance!

An older woman in trucking?

Im doing it at 48 y/o.......I dont see anything wrong with it at all.