Comments By Nick

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/t31.0-8/11900115_885697931498608_4605950748438057214_o.jpg avatar
  • Nick
  • Comments:

Posted:  5 years ago

Scale tickets

Actually they will write the ticket,to the truck owner. Your company will pay the ticket,and charge you back. Refuse to pay ticket,and your fuel card will be turned off,and you wont be moving any freight. A load shifted on me,I was 5K over on tandems.,ticket cost $1150,Company made me sign an agreement for $50 weekly,until paid. Ticket was not my fault,partner was a poor driver,load was 3000 mile trip,and we scaled a dozen times,during the journey. I just started driving my shift,when I was issued the ticket.

Huh... Never scaled my loads more than once. Dozens of times..... That adds up at 10$ a pop, sometimes more. I always have load locks never had a load shift on me that I'm aware of. Something else I guess I need to start checking 😐

Werner orientation

I'm already driving but I've been there. Decent hotel they put you in, Werner owns it. Sapp bros right down the street. The simulator they got in Omaha looked pretty cool. Good luck !

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

CAT Scales , just a reminder...

Amen

Automatic Transmissions

Just my opinion, I think once you learn it's always in the back of your head. Might have to grind and miss a few gears but it'll come back. I trained in manual, drove automatic for 5 months. Switched to Werner had to do my safety evaluation in a ten speed which I'd never driven before and did alright. Now back in an automatic lol.

Find the funny in every situation

Nick I know what your saying.. This morning I was driving around Iowa city and this dude got butthurt that I pulled in front of him and honked and flipped me off but he got the best of me cuz I laid into my air horn just for sh*ts and gigs... Lol its so stressful out here you have to find a way to release some of it or its going to eat you up...

I hear ya and I think you handled that situation well at least you didn't take it further cause I'm sure he would have lol. I've been lucky as far as confrontation goes although if I had a cb I'm sure I wouldn't be able to say that hahaha

Find the funny in every situation

I'm going to read through those while I'm getting loaded. 😁

Find the funny in every situation

Trucking has taught me this, and I believe it applies to life in general. First few months I'd get all mad and stressed at every little thing. Problems with my backing, problems at the shipper, heck even traffic and those crazy four wheeled things that make "here's your sign decisions" all the time. I finally made it a point to find something funny about things like this, while sometimes difficult it has kept me from stressing my life away. It's easy to be angry or upset and I was that guy that you seen and wondered who did what to his corn flakes. If I would have continued to be I definitely wouldn't be driving anymore. Just thought id share 😁

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Roehl pet policy/Werner pet policy

Werner allows pets, I've seen a driver at the terminal with a baby pit, now if he had it authorized or not idk.

Might be going to Werner

Spoke to Megan this morning from the training school in Missouri, Werner us apparently 'very interested' but havent approved the financing for sponsor me yet. It isnt even noon yet! Still it'll be hard for them to beat the record of my current job hiring me 4 hours after my application!

Apparently if I get hired I'll ship out on the 9th, it seems so fast, I mostly was dipping my toes in to see if they woukd even give me the time of day lol. Maybe I can ask for them to push it back another two weeks? Guess I'll find out. Hopefully Werner is an okay company to start out with. Honestly as long as they pay more than .20cpm and let me bring my husband with me, I'm not too worried about the little details.

I am both ready and not ready at the same time. Hopefully going this far into the process won't damage my prospects with them if I decide I need another month or two.

I started with Cr England drove with them for six months then switched to Werner. I was able to have a passenger day one with prior experience. Not sure how the process works starting with them in sure you'll have to go with a trainer for a bit. As far as the pay goes it depends what account but surely should be more than 20cpm. I think Werner is pretty good so far, keep me moving and any issues with equipment have been handled quickly. Good luck to you!

C R ENGLAND

Thanks Nick - that's good to hear. I'm not afraid of running hard - the only anxiety is about who I'll be in a truck with for training and the CAT time.

Also I spoke with the recruiter again today, and either he mis-spoke when we first talked or I wrote it down wrong... it's not 2 weeks of training/orientation before the OTR training starts, it's 2 days. So I'm reporting in on Saturday and should be on the road toward the beginning of the week.

My trainer was awesome still talk to him frequently. My partner was also cool. And your not stuck with the person, if there are differences you can't get past or safety issues you can get a new trainer or partner. Youll do just fine man.

How Little Respect We Get

Errolfistbump.gifNickfistbump.gifJakeBreak

Yessss haha. Simple things like what's mentioned can go a long way.

How Little Respect We Get

I agree with Errol. Plenty of those out there. If someone is passing me and traffic builds up behind them ill slow down enough to let them over. There are also alot of respectful and polite drivers as this forum shows.

C R ENGLAND

I started with them and like everyone has said its a great way to get your foot in the door. I know they give you an "average" chart of what you'll make during and after training. While training your 160-180 hrs its 9 an hr. I drove as close as I could to my eleven daily, paychecks were decent. While training on duty not driving you're paid your state's minimum wage. After training they require 6 months of the cat program which is team driving starting at 12 cpm and going up a penny each month, don't let people say you won't make any money while teaming because you can, just depends on your partner. Also I only did a few weeks in the cat program, then my partner got off the truck and I went dedicated WalMart for awhile. So depending on where you call home, a dedicated route may be very possible. It's not a bad company at all, people may have horror stories for you but they may be just that, "stories". Good luck!

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Ticket for improper lane usage in Illinois

Don't take this the wrong way, accidents happen and everyone makes mistakes. I would def do the supervision thing. I mean you are admitting its your fault, so unless you can afford a bunch of money on a lawyer which may or may not help that would be my choice. Good luck!

Maps or GPS?

I always use the atlas when trip planning. Our Qualcomm has GPS and it works pretty well honestly, hasn't gotten me in trouble YET, knock on wood. Those rms are niceee just too spendy for me. My trainer had one and I never seen him touch the atlas.

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Arrow Trucking CEO Who Left Hundreds Of Truckers Stranded Asks Judge To Go Easy On Him

Go easy on him? That's as cowardly as you can get. Ten years is a long time which unfortunately I doubt he'll get but he sure does deserve it. He didn't "go easy" on all the drivers he left blindsided and stranded. Right before Christmas at that.

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Would you find this humorous?

It happens, there are stupid people everywhere. You have to be like a duck sometimes and just let it roll off like water off the back. It doesn't make it right but what do you do?

Exactly. That's why I didn't say a word. Just surprised me to hear that. On a brighter note they only took 3 hrs that's a win in my book lol

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Would you find this humorous?

Arrived at WalMart dc wayyy early for my appt, expecting to be turned away to my surprise the guy at the gate sent me to a dock. While checking in with receiving the lady spent about five minutes flirting back and forth with a gentleman who worked in the dc, didn't bother me I'm used to it. After signing all my paperwork and the usual we'll call when we are done I'm walking out and I hear "make the white boy wait on us for once". I was shocked. They laughed and I walked out the door. I've encountered plenty of rude people in shipping and receiving but this really ****ed me off

Be a truck driver they said

That sucks man! Happened to me my second week out but I got lucky. Hope something comes through for you bud. 6 months safe driving is something to be proud of, congrats !

Transferring a CDL from CA to TN for a job.

Every states process will be different, but I doubt a physical will be necessary. For Arizona it was only 25$, birth certificate and ss card. No proof of residency. WA state was 195$ or so to transfer. As far as taxes ND what not go I couldn't tell ya. Trust me you will want "home time" even if you don't go home exactly. A break from the truck is very nice