Comments By Truckin Along With Kearsey

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0233814001575121773-44908.jpg avatar

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Are women respected ?

lol I've been getting some of the same responses from people who I tell I'm going into this career. When I say truck driver the first thing that comes to mind is some big burly dude. I read somewhere though, that about half of all truck drivers are women now a days, so I've just been telling people that and it surprises them. The best response I got was from a grandmother who thought it was inconceivable for a moment and then said "wow you're brave" haha the other one was so shocked she didn't say anything, it was funny.

Hi and stop getting your information from bogus places. Between 2010 and 2016 the number of women truck drivers increased 70%... however, that was only 8% of all drivers. No real numbers have been established since then. Most companies are at the national average... however Prime currently has 14% and Covenant for some reason has about the same.

There are indeed plenty of women truckers out here... and I have a playlist for women on my Youtube channel including hygiene OTR, hair & makeup, personal safety and security, and stupid pick up lines men come up with... that one is freaking funny.

Do what you want. Make a commitment. Forget who thinks you can do it, just believe in yourself.

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Heard You Guys are Placing Bets?

I heard a rumor today that some of you are betting on how long it takes for me to kick my boyfriend off my truck once we start teaming. So come on guys, I wanna hear the predictions.

rofl-1.gif

We get to Sprimo 2/11 to start teaming.

I never told you this... but I met him here!!! I posted a "come meet me for dinner" thread and he showed up. You guys teased him that he didnt get a pic of us together so you didn't believe it. So he came back to see me again and we really hit it off.

thank-you-2.gif

Thank you all for giving me my boyfriend LOL

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Caught Kearsey Live Feed! It was Cool!

Wait.. i just realized the line about me being a recruiter jumping in random trucks... hahahhahaha omg... yeah right. I must really suck at recruiting since I direct more people away from Prime than I have brought in. Usually due to background or driving issues.

I have an exciting announcement to make as well.... but I cannot until Prime announces it first.

However, I reached my 1000 subs, am now monetized on YouTube and even started a Merch store with logos such as "Positively Trucking" and "Truckin' Positive". I am doing a $50 Amazon Gift Card contest to find a new Intro. So anyone who wants to enter, be my guest.

I really do appreciate Brett and all of you who have helped my channel to grow.

thank-you-2.gifthank-you.gif

Posted:  3 weeks ago

THE BEST COMPANY FOR TEAMS

Rookie teams are hard. I did a youtube video about this. Not only do you have to try to sleep in a rolling truck, but you may try to rely on each other too much which hinders your learning, or causes resentment. dont destroy a friendship over trucking... go into it with "we can try it and split up to go solo if it doesnt work". we have seen it happen.

I'm at Prime and a student was getting team trained by his best friend of 20 yrs and asked for a new trainer after 30k miles.

Avoid team only companies like CRST for this reason until you know teaming is for you.

Prime has a ton of freight for teams with good pay in reefer. But honestly, i make the same solo as most team drivers.

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Prime Lease Update

I will put in my 2 cents in the insurance aspect...Every load behind haul under a company's authority is covered by that company. They may charge the O/O or L/O a monthly fee for the coverage but any damages to the load falls under their cargo insurance since they are the ones on the BOL.

As per Primes contracr with the Lease ops... only ACCIDENTS are covered by the cargo insurance. Prime is a self pay and sets the policy. If a lease op doesnt secure the load properly or takes a turn too fast, slams on the brakes and the load is damaged, the Lease/Owmer op pays the entire freight... $50,000 or whatever. One guy back in Sept got hit with a $1.5 Million damage bill. So while you are correct, Prime is responsible, they pass the liability to the driver.

Occupational mostly known as Occ/Acc has similar coverage as Workers Comp but with a lot of limitations , any lawyer that truly earned his law degree can go around those limitations in a heart beat and make the company cover whatever limitations they have on the Occ/Acc policy which is why evry company that offers that coverage also gets a contingent liability policy to cover their behind. ...

I have seen this on the settlements, but have yet to find out what it actually covers. HR told me the lease ops do not have workmens comp, and i know quite a few who were injured and received no benefits whatsoever. Even borrowed money from me to pay for a hotel room, urgent care and RX money.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

Prime Lease Update

Im glad he is content. As far as 55cpm... that is what i average with my bonuses and what a brand new drivers in a lightweight gets.

When it comes to.maintenance the trucks are brand new under warranty so that isnt an issue... and Prime requires a cpm be put into a "tire fund" for maintenance. The hotel stays or tow bills would be an issue.

Not having workmans comp or health insurance is a huge risk. Also, being responsible for the loads.... as.in damage the load and it isnt covered by insurance. Tbe insurance only covers accidents. Also there is a $10,000 negligence clause....so one mistake and whammy.

The lack of health insurance, dental, life, disability and vision as well ask 401k dissuades me.

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

Caught Kearsey Live Feed! It was Cool!

The dungeon wasnt sexual... it was under dracula's castle cause i drove nights like a vampire. so there!

smile.gif

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

Caught Kearsey Live Feed! It was Cool!

HEY!!! be nice lol

and thanks Marc. yeah i. a big mouyh and only need 13 more subs to make 1000

smile.gif

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

Does OTR actually mean OTR

Sounds to me like you had unrealistic expectations that this job would be a cross country site seeing tour. it isnt. give it time. your man needs to improve his skills anyway and some places are much harder than others.

Posted:  1 month ago

Landing gear frozen, how to free it up?

Shoot the seams with alcohol or windex. if there is ice in there it could melt it and lube the metal enough to slide. honestly cant say i ever had this issue, but have done it with the slide rail.

Posted:  1 month ago

I miss the Blog Posts!

Cool. Its a reaction video to a Prime driver who built a fleet of 8 trucks and 2 months after getting the 8th, he lost it all, even sold his house to try to save the fleet. He posted it all on Youtube and i almost suggested you post that. It is heartbreaking and very real and sobering.

I uploaded another today discussing the problems with building a fleet... such as one driver can bankrupt you... and the false premise of control. The next one coming out on that playlist is going to be a breakdown of how much buying a used truck can cost when all is said and done. real numbers.

The whole playlist could probably just be linked and maybe we can use it as a "go-to" spot for... "so you want to own/lease a truck or fleet.. well did you consider this?"

It is getting some eyes opened that is for sure. Posting lease op 3-year settlements shut people up fast hahahha

Posted:  1 month ago

Caught Kearsey Live Feed! It was Cool!

That would be awesome. But wjat about the paperwork... didnt u say u got some kind of daily monitor.. does it record like the cpaps? and transmit to the company... or make it easier for new DOT physical?

Posted:  1 month ago

I miss the Blog Posts!

rofl-1.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-3.gif

Posted:  1 month ago

Caught Kearsey Live Feed! It was Cool!

Awww im.blushing!!! Thank you both. Marc, next tine u are in there, bring up the diabetes issue. I forgot to ask u about it. A few people asked me recently...and i know u mentioned the monitor. Can u find that post or create a new ppst entitles diabetes that i can send people to? thanks

Posted:  1 month ago

The Highest Form Of Flattery

OMG... just slap a headline and some quotes and BOOM!!!!

Posted:  1 month ago

I miss the Blog Posts!

Awwww I am blushing. thank you! thank-you-2.gif

Brett I just posted a video comparing the actual lease settlement with company pay...Errol thoight it was fantastic... so maybe u might enjoy it and post it somwhere, please?

Posted:  1 month ago

Question Regarding Sleep Apnea

The machine may record it, but most companies want at least 30 days data before coming into the orientation.

Posted:  1 month ago

I am uncomfortable taking an on-site sleep study-I already have 2 year medical card

Priscilla.... in trucking you get med cards all the time. Big Scott had a 2 yr med card for 3 weeks, then applied to a different company and had to get a new med card.

Splitter had 4 different med cards in 3 months. I had surgery to remove an ovary and although my med card still had another year on it, i needed a new one. I dont even know how many Marc Lee got in his short trucking time.

It is just a fact of life in trucking. And the sleep apnea is not just Prime... Bruce K here at schneider had to... Christian at Old Dominion had to.. and those were after they had 2 yr cards.

People who come into companies sometimes go through this, despite having a card. The company has a right to reject medications or be more stringent than DOT requirements.

Posted:  1 month ago

Need advice about starting my trucking career

Prime is no longer taking from FL. sorry

Posted:  1 month ago

I did. for some reason it locks me out now. i dont care anymore. they report to the FM every week so if im low i get a message asking if the machine has issues