Comments By Mark .

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/129-small.jpg avatar
  • Mark .
  • 9 years ago
  • Comments:

CDL Permit

If you fail your permit, how long do you have to wait to retest?

CDL Permit

Of the basic CDL Permit, while I want to get the highest score I can, how many questions can you miss and still pass. Thanks

COLA

I should clarify. I have seen on YouTube having to do with airbrake dmv pretrip test, COLA and want to know what is stands for. Thanks

On the Road Internet

How do drivers usually use Internet while on the road? What is the usual cost? Thanks

COLA

Besides the soft drink, what does COLA stand for?

New Truck:(

I have yet another truck.

How often do companies provide a trucker with a new/different truck? Is there a set standard?

If truckers cook...

...Those at truck stops go in and wash the dishes ...

Go in where at the truck stop? A Kitchen Sink? Bathroom? Shower?

High Road Training Program Question

In the training program regarding Accident Procedures 2.17,

"If you have a CB, put out a call over the emergency channel before you get out of your vehicle. If not, wait until after the accident scene has been properly protected,..."

but the order is

Protect the area Notify Authorities, Assist

If you have a CB, put out a call over the emergency channel before you get out of your vehicle means that you notify authorities first but the questions asked on the quiz specify

Protect, Notify, Assist

in this order

Am I missing something? Can someone clarify this for me? Thanks

If truckers cook...

If truckers cook in their truck, how does a trucker wash any dishes?

Schneider Bulk New Hire Experience

· Over the road instruction with a Prime Instructor

· Over the road training with a Prime Trainer

What is the difference between an Instructor and a trainer?

How does your pre-trip go in the industry?

What do you mean...

< ... it will take no less than 30 minutes but only log 15 minutes.

Thanks

Trucks with CB Radios

I have seen many videos on YouTube with trucks and CB Radios in them. How does a person install a CB in a truck when the truck belongs to the company?

DOT Physical

If I were to get a DOT Physical on my own, would I still be required to get one at a company sponsored school?

In other words, my understanding is that when you go to a Co. Spons. School, they automatically give DOT Physicals there and some people don't pass and are sent home. If I were to get the physical out of the way before I got to the Training, would I still have to have the DOT physical?

Thanks

Exercise

Being in the truck so much, how does one get daily needed exercise?

Clearance under Bridge

Thank you all for your response. Guyjax, I would not have thought to call police for help out. Thanks.

Clearance under Bridge

I have read somewhere (maybe here or another site) that you can't always trust the markings on bridges for how much clearance there is to the street. Reasons being, road may have been repaved, snow, GPS not accurate, etc.

If you can't be sure of clearance, how do you know when it is safe to go under a bridge?

Man i'm excited!!

Got ya covered Mark.

Thanks for the reply and clarification. And just to let you know, everyone seems very helpful and very nice site.

Man i'm excited!!

OK Buck...now its time to hit the books....be sure and work thru the High Road..so you will be ahead of the curve in your cdl schooling. Central has a really intensive school. Learning all you can before you get there will help you more than you know.

I'm puzzled. It was mentioned to work through the High Road CDL Training Program (since the person that posted got his permit). I was under the impression that the High Road was used for preparation to GET the permit. Please clarify. Thanks.

Trying to get into Queens.

I totally agree with Guyjax - GPS is an awesome tool - the best available in my opinion - but it's not perfect. You have to combine it with other tools and some common sense.

Not allowing drivers to use their own GPS system and then charging you to use theirs should be borderline criminal. That is an awesome example of people making decisions that have no experience driving trucks. Nobody that has ever driven a truck would ever tell another driver they can't use GPS. And then to actually outlaw GPS systems and force your own employees to pay you to use theirs?

Gee, I wonder why there's 100% turnover in the trucking industry? I can't even continue on with this thought stream without it getting out of hand. Suffice to say, this kind of stuff is infuriating to me.

I have seriously been thinking of becoming a driver. How can I find out (before I join a company) if a company will allow the driver to use their own GPS. I wouldn't want to work for a company that doesn't.

Trying to get into Queens.

GPS NOT authorized.

What does GPS Not authorized mean? Not allowed to use?...Not Accurate?...Please clarify. Thanks