Comments By dirtrocker

https://photos.truckingtruth.com/pics/58258/1484871016.0554.jpg avatar
  • dirtrocker
  • Comments:

Favorite restaurants? :)

The Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo TX It's expensive but DAMN is it good.

My lead driver took me there when I first started out. The meal was on him. One of these days if were ever in the same area I'm going to repay and make it my treat.

Team Pay Split

If I'm not mistaken, it sounds like the OP is willing to allow his Son a bigger piece of the action. Very nice Dad!

smile.gif

Very nice dad indeed. Just thought I'd give home something else to consider or look into.

Team Pay Split

I'm not positive but it's my understanding that if you take the per diem option (at least with crst) they will pay you something like .22c a mile that is taxable so your reportable wages would be very low. Then they figure out The per diem and pay that as non taxable and non reportable. In the end you end up making a few dollars more per check but a LOT less on paper.

Something like that may work out for you.

Posted:  5 years ago

Snowing....and now scared

I drive for crst and they disable the manual mode and the power mode. Leaving us with only the economy mode

Posted:  5 years ago

Who knew u could fit so much crap in a tiny space?

My salad maker might get a little upset if I tried to shove her in a cabinet. Hahaha

Posted:  5 years ago

Who knew u could fit so much crap in a tiny space?

My problem is other than buying food, I don't want to spend money at all. My truck closets, etc, are not even close to being full. I have enough clothes to last me 2 and a half weeks. It makes laundry easier but I rather do it at home so I don't have to sit around the washer awkwardly haha.

Same with me. All my money goes home to the family so I don't spend hardly anything. 2 weeks of clothes, water and a few cans of food is all I have

Posted:  5 years ago

Ive picked a Company Paid CDL School, but I have a family?

I'm doing this full time with the family at home. It's hard to leave the house after home time is up but once you start driving it's easier. We do a lot of talking on phone texting and face time. That's about all you can do. And we both trust each other while we're apart. I don't know what else there is you can do.

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

I need some direction or possible recommendation please.

CRST hired me with a felony that was 6 years old. It all depends on what it was for and what not. They determine on a case by case basis.

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

About to start CRST CDL training in Jacksonville, any advice would be appreciated.

I'm just starting my 5th month with CRST. I have no complaints about them. I'm getting good miles and home on time and I get to take the truck 200 miles home. The team thing is not terrible. But IS the only reason I will be leaving as soon as my contract is up. Probably going to prime flat bed.

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

4 day with out a shower

Wow, that sucks. My trainer said he makes all his students take one at LEAST every other day or they are off his truck. I take one almost every day. I try to stop at a loves(diamond status) or flying j (shower power) for my 30 min. DOT crap and take one.

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Locked myself out twice today

I always keep a spare in my pocket. And have two small climbing clamps hooked to it just in case I get a trailer with a chain that won't quite reach the hook.

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Pay to park?

I like to drive at night. I usually finish somewhere around 0700-0800. Always a lot of spots and no waiting for showers at that time. I also have not hat had to pay for parking yet. I almost had to in NJ (I hate that place) two days ago. Waiting for my next load and parked at a gas station. The owner told me $40. This was about 0300 and there were no truck stops closer than $50 miles.

Lucky as soon as I pulled out of the gas station my load came through and the hell out of NJ I went. Haha

Regional tanker out of san diego CA

Thanks for the replies. I have been researching both Schneider and prime. Schneider seems to do more of the eastern region. And what I've seen about prime is that a regional route is pretty much non existent. I'll keep googling but if anyone has any input please feel free to share

Regional tanker out of san diego CA

I'm currently driving teams with CRST. I have no complaints about the company at all. I do NOT like driving team. Anyways, after I finish up my year with them I'm really wanting to get into tanker division. I'd love to have something regional so I could be home every weekend or two. I'd really like to see my 3 year old daughter grow up.

So now my question: can anyone recommend a good company or companies to start researching that I could work for living in San Diego CA?

I heard prime is a good company and also Schneider. Do they offer something like I'm looking for?

Thank you to all who take the time to read and or reply.

Get Ready for Freeways that Ban Human Drivers

How do you get anywhere if you do not know an exact address? There will be no more getting in the car and just driving. And what about the places that don't have an address or brand new buildings and roads that aren't in the system yet? Happens all the time with GPS This will never fully take place

Disposing of Rejected Freight

Yeah, I've reported it to everyone. I'm just playing the waiting game now. I've been waiting for probably a good 5 1/2 hours now and I'm still sitting at the cosignee while they decide what I need to do with the load.

Disposing of Rejected Freight

I don't run reefer but I had my first rejected load today. In fact I'm sitting in my truck at the cosignee as I type this waiting for the claims and my DM to tell me what to do with it. It's a truck load of stuff for amazon. Apparently the shipper just threw the stuff in the back (at least that's what it looks like) or they piled it in without any straps or anything. Anyways cosignee cuts seal opens doors so I can back in to dock and looks like tornado went through there.

Would be cool as hell if it were like refer and they told me it's my problem to get rid of.

The bad thing is that I relayed onto this load and only drove it 160 miles. Now I'm stuck sitting here and my other 2 loads have been cancelled because they don't know what I'm doing with this one

Credit Check

I have extremely poor credit and I had no problems getting hired. Not one word was mentioned about my credit problems.

Uniden bearcat 880

I just got a Uniden bearcat 880 CB radio this morning. Anyone know how good they are? Also I have a 2017 freight shaker cascadia . The power, ground and antenna wire are already factory in the truck. Would you recommend getting a different antenna and running my own coaxial car or is the pre existing stock one good enough.

I'll probably mount it tomorrow sometime if I don't need to purchase a different antenna.

The Feds want to mess with us more

I personally don't rally mind being governed at 62mph. If I need additional passing speed I can bypass the limiter and get myself past whatever impedes my forward progress. I just wish they would consider leveling the playing field and place similar limits on cars and light trucks. I witnessed a 4-wheeler doing 82 in a 40mph cattle-chute yesterday. It had one of those portable radar guns with a display. Totally ludicrous.

How do you do this? I don't mind being governed at 65 but it would be nice to be able to actually pass another truck going 64 1/2. I either have to go slower behind said driver or I have to spend 5 miles to pass.