Comments By Maurice R.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/bigrig6.jpg avatar
  • Maurice R.
  • Comments:

So Long Prime, Hello WW Transport

Hey old Roadie congratulations! I'll be on the lookout for you! W.w. Delivers alot at the Snyder Lance in Charlotte! That's where I work! I wash fuel and drive the trucks there!

I pray blessings to you brother!

Hiring Process-Estes

Hey Ted! I was a dock worker at estes for about a year and a half and they also taught me how to switch (yard jockey) so I did that from time to time! The hiring process should be quick but remember to continually call and ask them. Don't just assume they know you want the job, show them you want the job even after your first interview! The grace of God was on me coming in there. I had my first and second interview the same day and was hired immediately in a week and a half to two weeks I had my drug test results! So hey man just call and continue to be persistent! It will pay off.!

Just wanted to say Hello

Hello Jesse awesome to meet you brother!

Will anyone hire me with a past suspended license?

Niceeeeeeeeeeeee! Sounds awesome!!

Never looked at it this way

It's post like these that make me love this forum and the people in it! Helps me to consider trucking from all sides before coming out on the road soon and it helps me to examine my heart as well! Thanks Glads! Enjoying what you do definitely makes a difference in what you do!

Will anyone hire me with a past suspended license?

I have a license suspension as well due to hard times and not having enough money to pay for my car insurance and rent! I told melton truck lines safety dept and they told me I was fine they said just get in reinstated before coming. They were actually glad I called so I didn't waste their time during orientation lol but yea seems as if some look for the cause of suspension as well. Correct me if I'm wrong! Pray all goes well for you man God's faithful to provide!

First Day/Days with Driver Trainer

That's awesome sounds like a great trainer! And sounds like a great time! Enjoy brother!

Tennessee Truck Driving School

The blessing is I already have my permit which makes things so much easier!

You should check with your state to see how long the permit is valid in case you haven't already. In some states they're only valid for 3 months.

That's true! I actually have to renew it in a week for school in December and it's good for 6 months in SC! Thanks Brett for the advice. I'll need alot in the next couple of months.

Tennessee Truck Driving School

Definitely use the resources on here to study for the permit tests. They are no joke

The blessing is I already have my permit which makes things so much easier! So I can just go. I'm going to study for the hazmat so I can have that before I leave for school!

Tennessee Truck Driving School

Haha that's awesome! Gets me excited to start! I have 84 days and counting until I leave for school! Sounds like a great company they run alot of charlotte on I-77 I see them pretty often around here when I go to work! Seems like a great company with great equipment as well! I'm looking at melton truck lines in Tulsa at the end of the year! Hoping to start there soon!

Tennessee Truck Driving School

Thanks again and congratulations! your officially a cdl holder! Awesome man! I'll be logging my experience here too! .. Kind of like a blog!! Be safe! Which company are you going to?

Tennessee Truck Driving School

Wish I could help, but don't know anything about that school. I go to school in Tennessee; just not that school.

That's awesome brother! I hope all goes well and thanks so much!

I take my skills test tomorrow at 1030 central. School has flown by so fast. I should have my CDL-A in hand come Monday. I will even have my tanker endorsement. Super simple endorsement, the test is so easy. Mostly common sense questions.

All goes well i will be on the road by October.

Sounds awesome! Be safe out there and you'll do great! Looking forward to joining you in a couple of months!

Tennessee Truck Driving School

That's awesome brother! I hope all goes well and thanks so much!

Tennessee Truck Driving School

Does anyone know anything personally about this place! It seems like a great place I've called and talked and I should be going on December the 5th! I just wanted to get some feedback from you all as well! All help is appreciated!

I want to become a trucker

Hello Carly! Being that I'm 20 years old myself and under twenty one I've been blessed to get into the Industry without a cdl! If you ask, and come prepared, someone will give you a break! I prayed and the Lord answered. my first job at 18 I was a dock worker and a part time yard switcher at estes express lines. I learned how to couple and uncouple pups and how to back them and 53's! after leaving from there to go to Africa I came back and was blessed with another job doing similar things only this time it was a full tractor and trailer! I've been here at Salem national leasing being a washer fueler for almost a year before heading out on the road and when I tell you I am comfortable backing, shifting, Double Clutching, Floating, Manuvering I mean it! I do it everyday Lol I've picked up skills and tips that people learn at or after school, and I still have so much more to learn. The gist of all of this is... If you let them know you are serious and willing to work they will consider you! There's hope for youngins like us! I'll be 21 here soon and I'm going to cdl school in December! So use this time to get in shape mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually and to prepare yourself for the road. I'm doing just that lol pray and ask the Lord, he listens!

I Passed My Road Test - Real Test Begins Tuesday!

Awesome to head man! Such a blessing! I'm heading to school in December so I love post like these! It encourages me! Have fun and congratulations!

20 Y/O Needing advise.

Hey Aaron! I'm 20 myself and I'll be 21 in December. Im waiting until Im 21 but I've been blessed to be a yard dog and also a washer fueler, shuttling trucks around the yard and now I can back and feel comfortable doing so! So if you can man look for local work or just hang it out til next June. It'll be here before you know it! Hope this helps!

Oh yeah and if you can go to a driving school.. Though costly it'll give you more options from what I hear, But if you can get in somewhere without it and have long jevity then that's a blessing!

LOOOOOONG Overdue Update

dancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gif

That's so awesome! Also that truck is sweet! Gets me excited for school at the end of the year! Persistence Pays.

1.8 Million Truckers Could Lose their Jobs to Robots?? Really??

If airplanes still need pilots then trucks will always need drivers.. Airplanes have amazing auto pilot capabilities but they can't land themselves lol 😂 same with trucks. Trucking as a whole would have to be revamped to accommodate these trucks. Imo!

3 Strikes, I Guess I'm Out

It's not over yet don't throw yourself away! We all mess up and I'm not a driver yet but I do know that with that attitude about the whole situation, it will turn out so much better than you expect especially with your honesty on the situation and the fact that you admit your wrongs, trust the Lord and lean not on your own understanding. There's a perfect reason for it all! Though you may not be able to Perceive it right now! I'll be praying! Thanks for involving us in your life!