Comments By Kevin B.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/bigrig9.jpg avatar

Question on log books

I just started the log book section of the High Road program. And I am going to have tons of questions I think. It is already kicking my ..... rofl-3.gif

I wish you well on this section it kicked my arse too!

Swift just bought Central

Well thats a relief because swift is one company I am looking at.

High Road Training Program

Great idea, as I am terrible at math. basic math yes I can do but once it comes to algebraic questions I immediately am lost, this divided by that times the other = I am lost!

Swift just bought Central

I wonder what this means for prospective people looking to get hired by swift.

Posted:  7 years ago

DOT Drug Testing: Urinalysis or Hair Follicle?

Thanks PR, however my circumstances have changed dramatically. My plan was to do what you're describing, but I need to find a job asap. That is what my post is saying to find out about more companies that do u/a only. I can pass u/a, as I tested negative this morning so I don't need to cheat to get a job. If I go to company sponsored it needs to be u/a only. My other plan was to go to private schooling reach the 90 day mark and be able to pass the hair test as well, but I do not have a job at the moment so paying for the school out of pocket is a no. I have checked with my w.i.a. and I am not guaranteed to receive that money. Maybe I should just be patient wait another month or two which would 3-4 mos. clean get my hair cut for the 1.5 inches needed to for the hair test. but 1-2 mos. with no income is gonna be difficult. I still need gas groceries deodorant etc.

Thanks for your input and time, Kevin

Posted:  7 years ago

DOT Drug Testing: Urinalysis or Hair Follicle?

This is perfect, I see my psychologist tomorrow so I should be able to get that info then! I think I am going to do a company sponsored program and I have it narrowed down to a few. but again I dont know if my past discretions will catch up to me. Thats why I would like to know what companies do which type of testing.I do know that Brett had compiled a list but a few of the companies werent listed. I have a son to support so I need to do what I can. I have sent out resumes to tons of companies and I am not even getting phone calls, so I figured I always wanted to be a trucker so nows the time.

Thanks again, Kevin

Posted:  7 years ago

DOT Drug Testing: Urinalysis or Hair Follicle?

Starcar you always seem to be the bright light in a dark room!thank-you.gif well I take celexa welbutrin and I think its lamictal the generic name is lamotrigine.Would you know if they sre ont the no drive list?

THANK YOU! Kevin

Posted:  7 years ago

DOT Drug Testing: Urinalysis or Hair Follicle?

Thanks Joe being a trucker is way different than any other job so I have to be cautious. Just by what you are posting it seems that you are a very intelligent person. I just have to have faith and tell the truth.

Thank you again!

Posted:  7 years ago

DOT Drug Testing: Urinalysis or Hair Follicle?

Joe S. I appreciate what you are saying and trust me when I say I have paid the piper. I have lost everthing in my life except my son. I have nowhere to live. I am crashing in my moms apt. on a cot. My car insurance and my title to my car are in both of our names She can drop me from the insurance anytime she wants. I lost my job in march, NOT drug related, long story. I have been defeated by life in many ways, But somebody always has it worse.

Sometimes in life we need to catch a break, and I am working hard to catch one. Again it wasnt for recreational use but just liked prescribed meds yeah it made me feel good, but it made me feel like I was "normal" for the first time in my life, but I guess thats the price you pay for trying to live a "normal" life.

Posted:  7 years ago

DOT Drug Testing: Urinalysis or Hair Follicle?

Thanks Geo, I appreciate your honesty, and from the list Brett posted pam was a hair and u/a. I think

Daniel I wouldnt lie, but I have been burned a couple of times being honest,A couple of times people have told me I'm too honest. I have never been arrested and I have never had a dui/dwi I havent ever had a speeding ticket.knock on wood! I had a disorderly conduct a public drunkeness but that was 16 years ago. I was 22 and before I was diagnosed bipolar.

Posted:  7 years ago

DOT Drug Testing: Urinalysis or Hair Follicle?

I know this thread is old but I just wanted ask if anyone knows anything about swifts drug testing? I am just going to be honest and put it out there. Up until recently I was using marijuana as an aid with my my other meds to help with my bipolar and depression. I was under the care of my psychatrist and psychologist while I was using it. I know it's not legal in Pa. but my Dr. and psych were ok with it because they think it has a tremendous medicinal upside. So with that being said I have not used it in 2 mos.

I lost my job in March, IT WAS NOT drug related. I always wanted to drive trucks but things kept me away from the industry(relationship) now the only thing holding me back is my son. I have put out hundreds of resumes and I am not even getting phone calls. The only phone call I got back was from crst when I decided to give trucking a try,since then I found this wonderful forum and site. I learned a couple of things about crst that did not appeal to me. So this led me to my decision of being able to provide for my son. Had I known that this was the path I was going to take I never would have smoked it in the first place.

So I guess what I am asking is what companies do u/a only? I have seen the list that Brett priovided but since then I have seen different names on this forum. Please do not judge me by my past, but help me look to my future for me and my son.

Posted:  7 years ago

DOT medical exam ...and hearing test... What did you say?

good-luck.gif Hey Tim congrats on getting your hearing aid. I hope your quality of life improves from here on.

Going To Attend Prime Inc Company-Sponsored Training

Ahhh, darn thing didnt add the rest of my post. So I was saying I have been doing the test for almost 2 weeks about 3-4 hrs a day. But where there's a will there's way! good-luck.gif

Going To Attend Prime Inc Company-Sponsored Training

Congrats on choosing a school! I am still debating. Good luck cramming for the High Road Training Program

On the Road Internet

Roadkill, I have sprint now, in a major metropolitan and I'm lucky if I get a signal. If I go too the front of my yard I get zero bars, and if I go to my back yard I have full bars with 4g...wtf-2.gif. The only reason I switched from verizon to sprint was for the unlimited everything... My first mistake was leaving att I never had a problem with them other than the high prices for the data plans.

Posted:  7 years ago

Passed my CDL driving exam today!!

Well Brett since you brought it up, you could have a virtual reality truck driving program, that gives the feel of being behind the wheel of a big rigrofl-1.gif

On the Road Internet

for the love of god DO NOT GO TO SPRINT!

East Coast

Another thing about the east coast is the appalachian mountains. Mix that in with rowdy 4wheelers and tight lanes and you'll be suckin in seat cushion through the backside the whole time. Especially when you get up towards Conn and Mass.

Traffic is a bear in NY/NJ/DC, as are the roads and... well... the bears (not the furry kind either) VA has horrible road signs, and really skinny streets. And the roads ...omg, the roads and I'm not just talking about the interstates. Intown, traffic and one way streets will drive you batsh*t crazy in all the above mentioned states.

And here's the kicker.... I'm not even a truck driver yet. I just know this from my 4 wheel experience. God help me when I get into a rig.

I dont know if you can call the appalachian east coast? I think, but I could be wrong, it is from I-95 to the shoreline.

East Coast

My whole reason for saying that was I might get better city training by staying here and doing private school vs. company sponsored...

I like the company sponsored because of a guaranteed job after completing the training. I am not opposed to one or the other, they both suit me quite nicely.

East Coast

Daniel B. thanks for your input! I was just wondering being from Philly there are schools here that put you thru the city in their training program. I just thought that might give me experience with city driving, most company sponsored training is held in the midwest or farther west.

Believe me when I say I am interested in the company sponsored programs as I have no funds to pay for schooling, nor do I want to finance and have to re-pay more money thru financial aid.