Comments By Steven H.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/truck-blur.jpg avatar

Thoughts on company's.

One year local thought I was doing a good thing but apparently local doesn't count in most cases.

Thoughts on company's.

I drive a 8 speed U pattern 96 WS how's that for confusing when I drive that for a day then hop into a 76 freightliner h pattern to haul a 46 ton crane

Lol right even though I drive local I still prefer the old stick. Feels like you have more control of the truck. Don't know what I would do with my right hand without lol.

I agree, when driving a car. I hate driving an automatic car. But every time I get into a city in my truck, it's annoying. There's also the problem that I have to be very careful every time I go on home time, and when I come back, because my personal vehicle is a five speed Ford Ranger. If I'm not careful, I get my shift patterns confused.

Thoughts on company's.

Thoughts on company's.

Looking for thoughts on KLLM, Heartland, U.S express. Three prospective jobs if for some reason cypress falls through. I prefer not to use other sources on account of disgruntled employees. I know yall will give an honest opinion. Also wipers quit working on my truck today in a down pour boss actually asked do you have rain x.... are you kidding lol

How to get back in otr

Drivers of small companies.

How to get back in otr

Ok so if any of you read my last post. You know I was looking for advice on a regional trucking company well that's not looking promising considering I only have local driving experience. So now my question is how would I go about getting otr to basically re teach me the the steps of Qualcomm handling shippers etc things most local drivers don't deal with.

Question about Hiring zones

My understanding is that they may not have enough freight for that location to guarantee home time.

Crst expedited get OUT

Also I ended up not making the funeral because I was broke.

Crst expedited get OUT

When I went through their training school my grand mother died and I informed them I was going to be going back home. They asked if I wanted to return I said yes so they were going to put my training on hold but my ride home and back was on my dime. May have changed I dont know. Been a few years.

Dollar general accounts

Lol I feel your pain I work for a construction company in Florida and either I contend with traffic or very small residential roads backing down driveways with my flat bed (60ft boom on it) or lowboy with heavy equipment. I do a lot of work on beachs so summer time is ungodly. Congrats

Advise on direction to look for suitable company

Yes paid by the hour less than 500 a week bring home. And not necessarily every weekend but I did the 27 out 3 home thing I have 3 children. So being out a month at a time is a last resort by no means unwilling if need be.

Advise on direction to look for suitable company

Did apply for cypress waiting to hear from them. Never heard of comcar I'll look into that. Looked at cypress equipment lol. Noticed they have spread axle never pulled one of those my trailers are tandem flatbeds. Hope they're not much more difficult than lowboys.

Advise on direction to look for suitable company

Hi all need advice on a few company's to look into been driving for a very small company for a year. When I say small we're talking three trucks. In this year's time I have pulled flat bed and lowboy. But company is not meeting needs financially looking for something where I can be home weekends and make more money. Sadly the ones I have looked into most are not accepting my year of local driving(Florida panhandle)