Comments By HeavyHauler

https://www.overdriveonline.com/files/2013/03/Photo-Mar-20-2-00-31-PM.jpg avatar

Truck Tracker Position Updating In Forum Now

I haven't received the pop-up yet. dancing.gif

A result of the tracker

The pre-trip inspection seems overwhelming at first, but its really not so complicated once you start reading and seeing what it is. Just go over it everyday at least 5 times a day.

The Most Startled I have Been on the Road

Careful, we'll have to start calling you Roadkill Bill. rofl-1.gif

Pre-Hires

Thank you Starcar. I appreciate it. Heavy C, keep your up and keep at it. There are plenty of awesome companies out there to work for.

Good flatbed companies!

Melton just started a student driver program for recent CDL graduates.

Pre-Hires

So I have Pre-hires from about 10 companies right now, and I only need 3 for my school. My top is Melton Flatbed out of Tulsa OK, next is Maverick out of Little Rock AR. and then Southern Refrig.

Apparently I have had around 20 calls made to my instructor from companies reviewing my apps online. He actually told me I can stop applying now if I wanted because I have plenty. That and being a Vet with no tickets in the past 7 years and absolutely no wrecks EVER, I'm kinda a wanted man. rofl-3.gif

Trucker Tracker In Beta - Try It Out!

How about Bandit and Snowman?

10/4 Rubber ducky?

Trucker runner?

Funny Signs you see on the road

My friend saw this one in SC and sent to me on FB.

funny trucker pictures big dick's halfway inn

Be warned about Automatic/Manual CDL

US Xpress and he said they switched to 100% automatics 2 years ago.

I drove for US Xpress for 6 years and they had automatics before I drove there. It was more like 12 years ago they made the switch to automatics. I've heard recently that they're thinking about switching back to standards also, but nothing definitive on that.

Okay, he told me that they were automatic and Mr. fuller had stock in the US Xpress until he sold out and now they have been returning back to Eaton Fuller super 10's

Funny Signs you see on the road

In Tulsa off of HWY 75/11 near the Mingo Exit, there is a sign with a yellow hummer limo on it, above it it says "Sometimes you feel like having a long hummer". Cracks me up everytime I see it.

Be warned about Automatic/Manual CDL

I personally haven't heard of any companies switching to automatics. The industry is dominated by manual transmissions.

My instructor just finished driving with US Xpress and he said they switched to 100% automatics 2 years ago. He loved his. We had a recruiter from Averitt said they had 1,100 automatics they bought 2 years ago, but are going back to Eaton Fuller Super 10's.

Some info will be helpful

My apologies for the vague question. Basically what I am asking is does anyone have any personal experiences with any above listed companies? Good or bad? I have been on their respective websites but they are all the same. I want to know is what experiences have y'all have such as hometime? Minimum out time? Dedicated routes available for students on these companies?

I know for a fact they will say one thing to get you in, but then do the opposite once you arrive. I am not bad mouthing any of these companies, just trying to get a more completed picture here. Thanks for the info so far guys.

Some info will be helpful

No? Nothing? Sad day for me.

Be warned about Automatic/Manual CDL

South Carolina is the same way currently. They said its because a lot of companies are switching to fully automatics. But question is this: why are so many companies switching to automatics when they are just gonna switch back to sticks in a couple of years anyways? Case in point. Averitt switched to fully auto's and are now switching back to manuals. That's according to the Averitt recruiter who spoke to us last week.

Some info will be helpful

Is there anyone here who know/work for either of the following companies?

• Southern Refrigeration
  • Roehl
  • Marten
  • Western Xpress
  • GTI (Gordon Trucking)
  • STI
  • RTI
  • Boyd Brothers
  • TMC
  • KB Transport
  • Averitt

I have read the info on their websites. But would love some actual first hand knowledge.

Thanks, Deweykid

Website ALL truckers should look at.

Your welcome. The info is amazing on that site, as is on this one.

Website ALL truckers should look at.

My CDL instructor showed us this website. It contains information that recruiters wont share. Such as Power units to driver ratio, FMCSA score in area's such as, Unsafe driving, HOS compliance, driver fitness, Controlled substance and alcohol, vehicle maintenance, and hazardous material compliance. You can click on those areas and it shows you what the violation was, which state, points, severity, and much more info. Including what their percentage is and if they are under "Intervention".

So take some time and check it out. Web link is below.

Starcars Homemade Blankets!

They have military fleece in any branches of the military...and CAMO fleece...who'da thunk it...

So you can make me a Marine blanket?

I started school

Get in the Highroad training on this site. You will really benefit from it and enjoy it at the same time. I don't think anything I have seen compares to it. Good luck and come join us at Averitt Express.

I talked to an Averitt rep yesterday at our schools job fair for the Columbia terminal. The only problem is they require a Hazmat endorsement. And I dont have the funds to obtain a Hazmat in order to get hired quite yet.

THANK YOU BRETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to update y'all. I passed my CDL-A permit test with Tanker, Double/Triple endorsements. I passed with 100% on 4/5 tests and 90% on 1 test, my Air-brakes. I am well on my way to my CDL-A license.

I couldn't have passed my tests without the High Road Training Program. So I am giving a big shout out to Brett Aquila for this website. I am also telling my fellow classmates and everybody else I know who has a CDL. Thank you Brett again.

Chris a.k.a. Deweykid