Comments By LDRSHIP

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0717822001567823761-62984.jpg avatar
  • LDRSHIP
  • Comments:

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

Parking for vacation near Pigeon Forge Tennessee area

The nearest truck stop, the pilot on the east side of Knoxville is a hike. There is little to no truck parking actually in the Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg area. I know of one paid parking, tiny dirt lot across from a Pilot gas station. (It is NOT a truck stop). It is on the north side of Sevierville. It is on the west side of the main road heading into the area. I don’t have a clue how much it would cost. I go to Gatlinburg at least once a year. But I just park at home and drive my car to Gatlinburg..

0074928001559110595.jpg0230630001559110629.jpg

There a ton of shopping plazas and large parking lots in the area; however, I don’t think any of them would allow a truck being parked there. TBH, Sevierville or pigeon forge wouldn’t be too horrible to maneuver around with a big rig. However, you couldn’t pay me to go anywhere near Gatlinburg in one.

Wish you the best of luck.

Btw, the Pilot gas station doesn’t own the dirt lot. Don’t know who does.

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

US Xpress and Getting Paid

don't get too caught up in FB.

^^^this^^^

I am assuming you are "young", as in under 30. My advice to you is GET OFF of "social media". It is a sewer for the most part. I am shocked at some of the things that people post on these sites. That s#!t will follow you for the rest of your life. Just some advice from an "old man". You will thank me, and others in my generation, when you see the ripple effect on people down the road!

Wouldn't whine about your company on FB. Most larger companies monitor social media.

It has its place. Even this site is a form of social media.

Rick

you’re social???? I thought you hid out in your bat cave all day, lol.

embarrassed.gif

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

Leasing!

I have a boss??? Oh that’s right, the guys CC I’m using, lol.

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

A walk on the ‘Darkside’ - working for a small company

It is going good. Air Dryer already fixed. A bunch of work got done during my hometime. I dropped the truck off at the mechanic shop my boss uses. On the positive side the shop is only like 10 mins from the in laws house. So the wife can visit with her family while waiting to pick me up..

@ Susan, I e-mailed my logs to myself. There is nothing indicating what I have edited or not. The only thing shown was the final product. Maybe I will activate the inspection mode and try e-mailing them and see what changes, if anything.

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

New truck appearance and features! (It ain't all about the grill!)

You can get the New Cascadia with a workstation/dinette/driver lounge setup.

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

Getting stuck sitting over Memorial Day.

That makes sense. He came up with some line about the former owner of the trailer wanting him to keep it on there.

Stuck in Effingham

I’m already at the Love’s. Been here for an hour or so.

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

Getting stuck sitting over Memorial Day.

I was tempted, but I have plenty of food in the truck, I have free showers at the Love’s. I am making Sauerkraut and Polish Sausage for supper. So if anybody is passing by the Love’s in Greenville, IL exit 45 on I-70. Swing by and say hello. I’m in the bright yellow thing with a “Haulin with Hubbard’s” trailer.

0243540001558893858.jpg

Note: picture was taken in PA.

No clue why the boss is leaving the stickers on the trailer from where he got it.

Stuck in Effingham

I was just at the Flying J a few hours ago. Too bad I didn’t see this earlier. I would of took you up on the offer as I had more than enough time to kill

Load boards recommendation

He can’t be taken advantage of, if he is booking his own freight. I think he is hoping to find a load board with the magic golden goose egg. Too bad, no matter what load board gets used, freight rates are down right now.

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

Getting stuck sitting over Memorial Day.

I ended up going to the Love’s. Just because it is closer to St.Louis.

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

Getting stuck sitting over Memorial Day.

What are some suggestions

Go back to Wolding?

smile.gif

In due time!

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

Getting stuck sitting over Memorial Day.

No biters, huh! Decisions, decisions

Accident at fuel Island

First breathe. ALL new drivers have accidents and it is totally unrealistic to be accident free your first year. It happens rarely... but most dont even make their first year, let alone do it accident free. Companies know this.

AHEM!!! I’ve been accident free for my entire 2.5+ years! Rookie accidents do happen, but that doesn’t mean they should happen!!

Accidents happen because people become rushed, overconfident and/or complacent. No one should expect to have a rookie accident.

Drive Safe and God Speed!

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

Getting stuck sitting over Memorial Day.

Gonna get stuck sitting over Memorial Day. Debating whether I want to park tomorrow at the Love’s in Greenville, IL or stop at the Association of Christian Truckers in Brownstown, IL.

What are some suggestions. I’ve never been to either place.

Mileage bonus

Wolding has a quarterly safety and mileage bonus. To qualify for safety it is 1 year accident / incident free. Safety bonus is 1cpm for every dispatched mile that quarter. There are 3 tiers to the mileage bonus. I am not sure about the first 2 tiers as I had always got the “high” mileage bonus every quarter. To qualify for the “high” mileage bonus it is 29,751+ Dispatched miles in a quarter. It is super easy to get. It pays 4.5cpm for every dispatched mile ran for the quarter. I usually took home after taxes around $1,500. It was a nice little bonus.

Load boards recommendation

A free loadboard is Truck Loads by Truckers Path. It has some decent loads on it.

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

App?

Just think of all the amusement we would all miss out on if we could fix our spelling and grammatical errors after the fact.

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Living in the Truck

Yes I would do it. It would be very easy for me to do. Since the majority of my stuff is on the truck. I actually pack a bag from my truck to go home with. I would just rent a climate control storage unit for the stuff that couldn’t go

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago