Comments By Aces-N-eights (Dale)

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/bigrig6.jpg avatar

Karma or something like it....serves him right.....

They should have called the NSA they knew exactly where he was the whole time.

Making a change!!

So THAT explains why they sent a fleet message about 2 drivers being terminated for unplugging the Qualcomms. lmfao.

Yeah Jerry, it was actually him and two other drivers. Could you imagine the look on their faces when the got them fleet message about don't unplug your Qualcomm because we will know and you WILL get fired?

Making a change!!

I guess part of it for me is I was raised that honesty is a must, his actions endanger my life and everyone of yours. I have a child on the way and to think that him or someone like him could take my child from me simply enrages me. I believe in accountability and personally know of other things he has done that were big no no's. What if I don't say anything and he takes out a bus full of kids? What if I do and it cost him his career and he was planning on being safer? He isn't a bad guy but we have laws for a reason right? Do I owe western or any other company the knowledge I have?

Making a change!!

Dang aces...how are you going to hold a poker face if you see your old trainer.... And now I have a question for all those who read this...its a kinda touchy question, that I don't even know how I would answer it. If you see your old trainer,, and you speak to him...then later one of Western's employees asks you where you know him from...what...and how much...do you say ?? Do you owe it to Western to tell them what went on ? Do you keep quiet and let the situation ride, knowing that possibly this guy will do the same thing a Western ???? Ya'll know my opinion of drivers who make the bad decisions that reflect on all of the good, professional drivers out there trying to change our image...So where do you stand on this issue ?????

The way I see it is his decisions cost me time and money, now he was doing these stupid acts before I was ever on his truck BUT got fired while I was in Vegas for court. I was his first student, and his last....he still texts me but I don't often reply, but that's how I knew he was hired at western. Part two of that was when my recruiter asked me if I knew anyone there I told her OLD SCHOOL and let's just call him SOB for now.... I said I knew OLD SCHOOL from TT and SOB from celadon that he was my trainer....well she looked him up and said he didn't put celadon down on his application.

So Starcar how would you handle this?

TMC

I'm gettin' pretty hard core over this "What kinda drug test does each company do" stuff. If you are doing, or have done drugs to the point that you fear you will test positive....get a flipaburger job, stay off the drugs, and bide your time until you are sure you can test clean. I, for one do not want ANY TRUCKER out there that does drugs. If I find one, I will drop a dime on you to your company, the cops, and anyone else who will do something. What people think of you, what you do while in a truck,...you are a representative of EVERY truck driver on the road, who is training to drive, and who will come into the industry in the coming years. I don't need that, I don't deserve that, and I won't stand for that. The only reason I can think of for someone to worry about what kind of drug test a company does is if a person shaves their entire body. And yes, since you are thinking I'm a prude....I did drugs...back in the 60's, when drugs were alot cleaner...I made 'em, I sold 'em, I muled 'em, I took 'em.........So you aren't gettin' a cherry with this old trucker.... Clean up, grow up, or go find a different job. I for one am tired of *****footin' around this topic.

AMEN

Making a change!!

So as many of you know and some of you don't know, I went to school with Celdadon and planed to stay with them my first year. Well after a very bumpy few weeks with a trainer that ended with him being fired, I was looking into hauling livestock from utah to vegas....wellllllll the wife of the family owned company loveddddddd me, told me I had the job. Her husband then decided to have me get a year otr first. Now up till this point I had not quit Celadon, but they were short trainers and I was sitting in a hotel for six weeks, booked my own flight home to my parents house in CT. Had a few nice hits at the casinos (16,000 two days ago) but I HATE this state. So I called western express got hired and have a first class plane ticket booked. (cheaper than a bus) I have talked to OLD SCHOOL and gotten some great advice (he maybe be old but he sure is ugly) I'M KIDDING. I think flatbedding is a great fit for me, and despite some negative stories on the interwebs after talking to OLD SCHOOL i'm excited to be getting back on the road. I liked a lot of things about Celadon but 9 weeks with no trainer??? not making money and not learning what not to do..... One more bit of advice Boys and Gals DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR QUALCOM TO DRIVE OVER YOUR HOURS.

One last thing, my trainer that was fired......starts at western the same day I do.

Need advise on a Truck GPS.

I have Rand McNally 520 does all that and more. Not perfect though, I would always double check your route.

Just bought mine on amazon along with the 2014 atlas

Calling all flatbedders: Western Express Vs. Melton

Yeah that is the same feeling he had, but have heard good things about WE as well.

Calling all flatbedders: Western Express Vs. Melton

A friend of mine whom is stuck in the 70's and doesn't have internet asked me to post this question, Who has worked for either Western Express or Melton? I know old school drives for WE but If I remember correctly he is not a skateboarder. Any input would be nice.

Terminals in/near Las Vegas?

JB hunt and watkins and shepard both have terminals, I think werner may as well. I live in vegas and currently drive for celadon out of denver,

I was offered a new job Hauling livestock in the Rockies

After hearing about my situation at home, a former supervisor of mine in Vegas contacted me. Her sister owns a small trucking company out west here hauling livestock. She has got me a job offer waiting, the pay is way better then I would make OTR, (49k+) after a year. I'm off every weekend because of their personal beliefs, I still earn extra home time for every five days I'm out. They will provide all the livestock handling training (I lived on a farm with 1600 head of cattle) and run late model trucks. I'm also forgot I will be home almost nightly. And last but not least them will pay off my student loans for my CDL school.

A moment of silence for those killed in Indiana today.

Http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Crash-Michigan-City-7-Semis-241709461.html

A moment of silence for those killed in Indiana today.

I am not good with religious stuff, but as a trucker today is one of those days we all fear. Please take a moment to reflect on those killed. Then ask yourself if you really need to run that extra 50 miles tonight, or next week in the snow or ever just so you can make a few extra dollars. As Joe says drive safe the life you save might be your own.

Tough road ahead!!!!

Thanks Grunt, I lived in Clearwater for ten years and another five in port Charlotte, for me it's all about the gulf. I tell her to wait till I call her to tell me what's going on at home, she knows how important it is to keep calm and keep truckin safely. Six months doesn't seem like a long time now but I may buy out my contract so I don't have to worry about it.

Tough road ahead!!!!

Thanks Joe, it's not easy being so far away when she needs me the most but on the bright side I'm putting away what I'm making to buy her the not so big not so shiny ring that she deserves for putting up with me.

Tough road ahead!!!!

Thank you sir, I will look into then but more then likely we will be moving to one of her houses in either Kentucky or Florida, she makes more money in a year then I would make in 4, I enjoy driving but I'm not in love with it, I will finish my contact and weigh my options.

Tough road ahead!!!!

So I'm sitting at a shipper in Woodstock,IL as I'm typing this waiting to be loaded and then heading down to lorado,Tx. My phone rings wayyyyy too early, it's my girlfriend. Now it's already been a tough week as her father passed away and I couldn't get home for the funeral, she is crying and that breaks my heart, she then tells me I'm going to be a father!!!!!! I'm so happy, I was going to pop the question soon anyways and this seals the deal, but it also might be the nail in the coffin of my OTR career. I have to talk to her and do some soul searching but we don't need the money, so once my six months is done I'm going to look for something more local or with better home time.

Is Celadon not a good choice?

Hey Keith, I have gone to Celadon's program so I can answer any question you may have. They are building a new student dorm as we speak and should open the week you get here. They are also moving their driving range to the same area as the dorms. When I got here in October there was over 180 students for five range trucks (if they all worked) and four to five road trucks. They did a great job of pushing students thur the past month and I believe right now there are about 50 students. The next class starts Jan 6th. The provide transportation, food, and lodging at NO upfront cost to you. Like most companies you sign a contract to driver for x amount of miles. My advice to you is do the High Road Program here at truckingtruth. if you have any questions feel free to PM me and I will give you my cell number. As far as having stuff sent to you, I get about ten packages a week from amazon. Best of luck....all so who is your recruiter?

Hostile Takeover?

Celadon buys out almost a company per week it seems, they rebrand the trailers, replace the tractors if they are older then a year and a half. The drivers are given the equal position to what they had. I actually was able to get hired because the bought houg out of Denver. I live in Las Vegas and they didn't hire out of that area till recently. As per the usual advice on here apply to several school so your not limiting yourself.

What features do you like on your CB?

The off button, never heard so much trash in my life. I would look for one with long range but that's because I run Las Vegas to Toronto and have a few hairy roads to run, if I even need it I want it to reach as far away as needed to save me and my ship.