Comments By Army

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0501839001558374642-78545.jpg avatar
  • Army
  • Comments:

CFI Training in Arizona with Trainco

Hello

Sounds like things are going as expected. Keep at it, and good luck......

Chris

Posted:  1 year, 1 month ago

Anyone have any experience with Roehl.....

There are some diaries for there school. If you search for them in the search bar, you should find plenty.

Posted:  1 year, 1 month ago

Toughest day on the road?

Bre, are you doing Dollar Store or similar account as a new driver?

Posted:  1 year, 1 month ago

Is there any paid CDL companies that don't require you to have a regular driver's license for a year?

Good Morning

I am a bit confused. Your title says you are looking for a company that does not require you to have had a drivers license for a year, you say you are studying for your CLP, and that you have had your license for year. Then you say you have been turned down by a few companies for not having your license for a year. All a bit confusing.

Take My CDL. License exam tommorrow 9/24

Best of Luck today.

Starting School Soon After A Long Wait

Congrats. Since you have been on this site for a couple of years, I would venture to guess you will be taking advantage of the High Road CDL Training Program ?

Best of Luck.

Posted:  1 year, 1 month ago

Drivers who speed up when you Pass

For the record,

Commercial motor vehicle-involved fatalities, however, increased in 2018 to 112, up 18%.........

That was in the last paragraph of the article. Looks like lawlessness in Michigan. Accidents all over...gesh.

New (old) truck

Nice looking ride. Congrats.

My return to work

Congrats on getting to Day 1

Never Forget - 9/11

I too remember that day. I was stationed at Fort Rucker AL. That was my first active duty station, boy was I wrong in thinking that was the active army haha....I got to work to see what everyone else was watching on TV. I new from that moment we were going to war. It was sad to see, and definitely changed life as we know it. Yesterday, a odd thought came to mind. Do you all remember getting on a plane and being able to see the pilot in action, flying the plane...I remember being able to drive right on Post at Fort Rucker, which changed as well. In the days and weeks, and a few months after, my normal job was not so normal. I was at one of 3 checkpoints searching cars coming onto base. When we remember 9/11 we can't forget those who perished, but we also need to remember the thousands who have died since fighting the war overseas.

Prime Inc PSD to TNT

I have to chime in here as well about the whole lease thing. My middle child drives for Wilson Logistics. The first couple of months driving, all he talked about was lease, lease lease....well most of the time. Since he has been solo, 4 months now, doesn't even come up. Why you ask? Because it doesn't take a genius to figure out how much each break down cost. He has been broke down about a handful of times. Once, close to Virginia (maybe). They has to send 2 two trucks because they were dispatched from a different state and couldn't pull the empty trailer connected to the tractor. He has blown a super single on his drive's. That cost a tire, a wheel and downtime. He has been broke down for a Fuse blowing and melting some surrounding area. There have been a few other maintenance issues, but you get the picture. If you are a lease op, you pay for it all including all normal weekly bills, and if you are like him, a company driver, worse case you get break down pay, and keep on keeping on.

Posted:  1 year, 1 month ago

Commercial Learners Permit Cost?

David, the CDL prep on this website is pretty darn good, and Daniels pretrip is spot on.

High Road CDL Training Program

Best of Luck Chris

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Military Equipment Trucking

My state just got back about 100 semi loads of vehicles that were used in training in Europe this spring. We had to have it line hauled it to a port in SC and back.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Wow guyz!!! My inbox is full and texts unread!

It took my till my early 40's to realize what processed food and carbs do to my body. I always read, have oatmeal for breakfast, it healthy and good for your heart. 2 hours later, I wanted to chew my arm off, I am shaking, and what do I do, eat some fast acting carb, which is bad for you. Fast forward to late last year, had some coworkers doing Keto. So I tried it for a few months on and off....When I started Keto I was almost 216, and I currently am around 195. I don't count carbs or calories but I know what's bad for me. Being a single person, I don't keep a lot of fresh veggies in the house, so I buy frozen. Also the Riced Cauliflower is amazing.

Diets are not long lasting things that work in my opinion. It needs to be lifestyle changes. Yeah do I love sweets, but I don't love what they do. So I try to balance, same with Carbs and such. Its tough but we all react differently to food, I seem something I gain weight..lol

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Considering A Career: Advice on Sleep

Highwayman

My son is in his second month solo. Sleep schedule seems to be his biggest hurdle. He calls me towards the end of his shift when tired. I know flipping his schedule according to delivery and drive needs is hard for him, but he is managing. I am sure he will get better as most everyone deals with the sleep when you can, drive when you must mentality.

Best of Luck Chris

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Multiple stop, route optimization gps

Bryan, reason I mentioned Rob T's diary is because don't your stops have times associated with them? I just remember him sharing that it was so important to get there on time.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Multiple stop, route optimization gps

I believe Rob T did that recently maybe he will chime in and give some thoughts. I would have to reread his entire thread, but I thought his company routed him.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Starting with Wilson Logistics

Phantom

Just a quick question. Are you still a permit holder, if so is your trainer not sitting in the passenger seat? If all that is true, did he let you go the unintended way versus the correct way? Just want to get a clear picture of what you are doing.

Thanks Chris

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

So, am I in a mess?

Hello

I am not an experienced driver...or a driver at all, but I will say, I think some moderators and experienced drivers will need more information. You mentioned about 4 years ago, going to Knight. Have you been when them ever since? Have you tried to apply elsewhere? If you have been driving that long and then all of the sudden have 3 preventable's in 3 months, maybe they think something is wrong and best to cut ties. I am not sure, but we do have at least 2 experienced KNIGHT drivers in the forum.

Best of luck Chris

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Schneier Adventure. The day before.

Congrats on your progress. When you started out the last update of "I was sent home" I was expecting to read something like I got sent home for failing something.....blah blah...but you are home for home time. Well congrats and look forward to more posts.