Comments By Stephanie K.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0360871001547303639-80088.jpg avatar

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Professionalism

Here's a bit of interesting fact I learned studying psychology in college. Fact one:. A first impression will take an "average" of 12 years to change. Fact two:. Pretty people get the job. If you have 25 applicants that are all qualified for the job, the best looking one will get it. Doesn't really seem fair, but it is a fact. So look your best.

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Exciting news!!! Upgraded to A Seat!!!

Oh Rainy, my email is kingcobryn@att.net. so you will know it's me.

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Exciting news!!! Upgraded to A Seat!!!

You guys make me laugh. Rainy I will email you. I will take any advice you have. Still nervous about backing up with a trailer. BTW I am a fellow writer. Working on 2 novels now. I am exhausted. It's alot of work getting this truck stocked and ready to hit the road. Oh and Pete B, glad you liked my profile story. I wrote it from the heart. Not too many fellow Flower Children out here I am finding. I am so sorry to hear about Kim T. She came a week before me. I hope she has found peace in her decision. I will miss reading about her adventures.

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Exciting news!!! Upgraded to A Seat!!!

I like my fleet manager, so that helps. I love my truck, it's a 2018 cascadia condo. Hunter green with metallic in the paint so it is shiney when clean and has teal writing. I have support, guidance, and a cheer up whenever I need it here on trucking truth. Thank you. And a pocket full of cash when all else fails.

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Exciting news!!! Upgraded to A Seat!!!

Yay!!! I made it. As of this morning I am now A Seat!!! I am waiting for my truck. I requested a condo and was told I will have one today or tomorrow!! I hope and pray that I do a good job out there and don't go blank on all that I have learned. I want to thank everyone who has supported me and will continue to support me on my trucking journey. I don't post often, but I read alot. I have learned so much through all of you. Thank you Brett for starting this website. I tell all new drivers and students that it is a must have tool to success.

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Who knew to check trailer registration!

Thank you. I will try not to hyperventilate while deep breathing. No really. Thanks for all the support. I appreciate all of you

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Who knew to check trailer registration!

Yes I did. Slept 13 hours last night. I am exhausted. Been in my room all day organizing my stuff. I am so nervous I want to vomit. I want to be good at my job so badly, but it is such an overwhelming amount of information.

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Who knew to check trailer registration!

Oh and no one seems to have scanned in the inspection reports to the prime app. The registration s are there but not the inspection paper. I tried all of it. Stan said to speak to the night supervisor and they would not patch us through. Just kept looking for it. Didn't find it and said "sorry". Needless to say we drove it anyway.

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Who knew to check trailer registration!

The DOT people said that you have to have a new paper every year in the tube. No one really knows if the sticker is enough. I could never get a firm answer from anyone. So if I find a trailer with no current paperwork I will include that in my inspection report and ask for guidance as it occurs. I am now upgrading and back at Prime. I will meet with my fleet manager tomorrow and pose this question to him. Thanks for all your help.

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

CB lingo????

I was just trying to be funny, but my trainer said it was offensive. I have that throw back humor. I have no real desire to be on the CB. I listen for road reports. It is mostly off. I usually listen to murder mysteries on CD while I am driving. Thank you for all your advice.

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

CB lingo????

I am old school and was about to send a confirmation on my Qualcomm to dispatch. I remember watching the old trucker movies and they always said "10-4 Good Buddy", so I went to send that back and my trainer said "Oh no, don't send that cause it is deragatory. Any thoughts?

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Who knew to check trailer registration!

Thanks Rainy. I am at the shippers on a drop and hook. Not one of these trailers has a current hard copy of the trailer inspection report in the tube. No one at Prime is able to help me. Citations is closed, safety, lineup, fleet manager, etc has no answer for me. I finally sent Stan a text regarding this matter because apparently it is illegal for me to drive a trailer without this. Do you happen to know anything that can help?

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Who knew to check trailer registration!

Thank you both for helping me to stay focused on the end result and not the crazy stuff that goes on in training. The Atlas was always going to be one of my first purchases. I am a rest stop girl. Easy on and easy off. I secretly collect paper maps from them. PS, do all lease operators pay for their fleet managers vacations? I know Rainy tips yard dogs, but that was a new one on me.

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Who knew to check trailer registration!

I finally figured out how to get what I need from her by figuring out what she needed from me. So we came up with an agreement. I will stay on her truck till she goes home for the holiday for 2 weeks on Dec 15 (which is what she wants). So I am now dropping this load in PA and I am 300 miles past my 30,000 tNT miles. We will pick up a load and drop it in IL, then pick up a load and take it to Springfield terminal. We will then work on backing exclusively for 2 days and then get a short solo load for me to run by myself so she can make sure I can do it. Then she will let me upgrade and go home. Ten more days won't kill me, I think!!! And hopefully I can get from her what I need to know.

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Who knew to check trailer registration!

My trainer does not have a Random McNally Atlas. You can bet your patootie I am going to get one, though. Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate all the advice I can get.

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Who knew to check trailer registration!

How did you get through it? Did he hold you hostage as well?

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Who knew to check trailer registration!

This has been a nightmare. But I have learned a lot. I just can't wait to get back to the terminal to learn backing this thing up. About 4 days left to go. My trainer informed me that I can't upgrade untill she says I am ready, she has already reported all my "problems" to the fleet manager. So I guess untill she goes on home time for the holiday (Dec 15) I can't upgrade.

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Who knew to check trailer registration!

Ok, no one, including my trainer knew that you should include checking the trailer registration in the tube on the trailer. Got stopped at a weigh station and thoroughly checked out. First, I had no idea it was even there, then I pulled it out after waking my trainer up. The inspection report was from 2016. My trainer insisted we call road assistance instead of the fleet manager, which I said we should, but I am the trainee, so I go with it. Road assistance has no copy or record of it. I get a violation with points on my license, but no ticket. We call the fleet manager and he asked why we didn't show them the sticker on the side of the trailer? Trainer says, "there's a sticker?". She calls the weigh station and asks if that would have worked instead of the paperwork. They say yes. I call Citations at Prime and get reamed for not knowing that checking the trailer paperwork is part of the inspection when you pick one up. At this point I have a complete meltdown and let my trainer have it. I was devastated to get points on my license when I didn't have to had I been trained correctly. Lesson learned. So everyone, here's your heads up!!!!

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Should I Get A New Trainer?

Thanks for the encouragement. It means alot

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

Hello: Intro. to trucking truth.

Hello. I am in my training phase, so I can't answer alot of questions for you, as I still have my own, but I wanted to say Hi. I was a hairdresser for 32 years and started with Prime3 months ago for many of the same reasons. It's tough, but I love it. Don't be scared. Just do it. You get pretty creative when it comes to peeing. Lol. I will let the old dogs, called moderators, answer all the fun questions. This site will be instrumental to your success as a truck driver.