Comments By Grumpy Old Man

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0527993001547517197-80814.jpg avatar

Posted:  1 week ago

Experienced opinions needed - tire issue

Likely on the wheel where you had the bad chamber?

Chamber was truck, tires are trailer

Posted:  1 week ago

Experienced opinions needed - tire issue

So after sitting 10 hours to get my tractor brake chamber replaced, I had to swap my load this morning. Got hooked to new load, the other driver comes back said we have a problem.

I had 2 flat spots on my tires. I’ve had the trailer 2 days, so 2 pre and 2 post trips. Had not pretrip per today as so had just woken up.

Truck brake chamber should not affect trailer brakes, correct? I was barely able to maintain enough air to keep the buzzers off, but they are separate systems, correct? I had no hard braking, nothing I can think of except a stuck tandem pin but that was maybe a foot or two at most of dragging.

I can’t for the life of me figure out how one set of tandems got a flat spot, but the other 6 are fine, and without me noticing anything like a locked up brake or something.

Any ideas?

0248109001555097710.jpg0224348001555097805.jpg

Posted:  1 week ago

Break down/HOS violation.

Sorry guys. I just woke up. Lol

That is exactly what safety told me to do. On duty and violate to get to a safe haven. We are not allowed to sleep on the side of the road in any case.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Break down/HOS violation.

I was on the side of the road for over 10 hours. Ended up with negative 8 hours drive time by the time I finally got to the nearest parking, a truck stop.

I had reserved a spot earlier in the day, and when I got here somebody had parked across from it so close I couldn’t get in. The famous “made their own spot”. Manager came out and woke him up and made him move so I could back in.

0462204001555053319.jpg

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Tight Situation

I was lucky enough that the landing gear was off the ground an inch or so after I hooked, so I pulled it forward enough to raise the gear

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

How to idle 20016 frieghtliner

20016? Is this a back to the future truck?

rofl-3.gif

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Stuck getting repairs done at Jurupa Valley

At least you are st a shop. I’m on the side of the road. Brake chamber went

BUMMER!

sorry.gif

7:45 and counting. Glad I am hourly!

Lol

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

My rant!

Uh I’m an old retired woman! I’m not trying to give them a heart attack! Their giving me one !!!

I’m talking SERIOUSLY old people. I’ve seen people driving them that probably shouldn’t be driving a car.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Stuck getting repairs done at Jurupa Valley

Well I've been here for 2 days now. They wanted my inverter fixed and get a front end alignment done. Any Swifties with a CPAP machine? Do you shut your engine off when you use your CPAP? I was doing that but my DM has been all over me for excessive use of idling. So I tried not idling last night and my inverter went into error mode for not having the engine running. But they said that something was wrong with the battery or alternator. Both checked out good. Now they want the shop to rewire where it is wired to (ignition switch) to directly to the battery. I know that with an APU this problem isn't a problem. But Swift does ot have APU'S. It could just be my DM. He said I am idling at 62%. Which is the highest in his board. The mechanics at the shop aren't too happy about changing it over. They said it is supposed to be used with engine running to keep battery, alternator and inverter running at optimum. But fuel consumption is what he is getting at. So anyone have any thoughts?

Raptor

I use optiidle.

At least you are st a shop. I’m on the side of the road. Brake chamber went

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

My rant!

Just think, most of them are driven by old retired people

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

I may be parked in PA a while

Supposedly they will work me in But now I can’t make my next appointment

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Got my first raise and a safety letter

Congratulations

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

I may be parked in PA a while

I am 15 minutes from consignee, call to see if I can deliver early. She said my appointment is tomorrow, not today. This should be interesting

This also screws up my next 2 preplans.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Wind & Carelessness

I drove home Monday in light to medium wind. Had to have my tandems forward because I had 36k in the box but it is all in the front half of the trailer. Paper rolls they loaded differently for some reason.

I could see my trailer tandems over the white line even though my truck was centered.

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Are these legal?

I saw a guy with s flag hanging down over the passenger side of his windshield. Some type of sports team, or possibly a flag denoting ethnicity (is., Polish, German, etc.), not sure.

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Congrats to Splitter on one full year!!!!

Congratulations

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

I ran over a kitchen sink!

I ran over a shopping cart once in a GMC Envoy. A car in front of me swerved left, and there was a shopping cart RIGHT THERE! I couldn't swerve, so I hit it. Weirdly, I had no damage except a small scratch on the hood, which is weird, since I went over the cart.

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

Got To Get A Sleep Study Done

Mine quit working twice the other night. Woke up suffocating, with an alarm sounding. The lady told me today that means it was off..

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

FMCSA clarifies personal conveyance - "even if laden"

Wolding will under certain circumstances, and limits how often and how far you can go. I don't remember the limits right now, but it is discouraged.

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

Tablets on the roads

I can barely find time to eat, but I do have an iPad somewhere in my truck.

My day is drive, eat, sleep, and repeat. I have no time or energy for anything else.