Profile For Rhino

Rhino's Info

Las Vegas , NV

Rookie Solo Driver

Rhino On The Web

3 years, 11 months ago

Rhino's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Rhino's Photo Gallery

Posted:  17 hours, 54 minutes ago

Six Months Driving LTL. Time to get LCV Certified!

It seems intimidating but it’s actually really quite easy. Imo. Just take turns a little wider and take your time. In winter if it’s snowing you can’t pull triples. I haven’t had to much of a problem with crack of the whip but if the rear trailer starts to swing just slow it down. I prefer doubles and triples over a 53’ lol

Posted:  3 days, 18 hours ago

Question for the Union LTL folks (rookies & vets)

I work for yellow. I can not tell u about their dock to driver program sorry. They hired me straight out of truck driving school. They trained me n sent me on my way. I know there were a few dock guys that did get trained thru that program but I don’t know how long it took them I didn’t know them so never talked to them. Sorry that don’t help.

Posted:  5 days, 2 hours ago

Chuck Norris Jokes You've Heard

Chuck Norris threw a grenade and killed 50 people, then it exploded

Posted:  5 days, 16 hours ago

Does anyone work for Werner on the Family Dollar account in Las Vegas?

Not a whole lot to be said so far. There just trying to eliminate layovers and more efficient deliveries. Starting sept 18th we will have to rebid new runs and and will all be meet and turn runs so will be home everyday. That’s about the only thing I know right now. I’m sure more will come in time. Thanks I haven’t been on in while just been working and doing life lol

I applied straight out of private truck driving school. Did a interview and drive test. Took about 2 months then was hired on. Trained me for about 3 weeks 4 top then sent me on my way. It’s been treating me good. We r merging right now so think we r gonna be hiring soon.

My predicament is that I can't be gone from my house longer than 2-3 weeks, so I'd like to have a trainer that works in Las Vegas so I can take my off time at my house. If my trainer lives in Salt Lake City, for example, I'd have to take my time off there and I don't know how I could get to Las Vegas then back to Salt Lake City in time...

Brian;

Now that we've clarified all the 'indecencies' of trucking; have you ever considered LTL??

We had a real huge success story from a guy on here not too long ago (Where IS he, y'all?) named Rhino, that got on with USF/Reddaway, in a training program, right there by you!!!

If you weren't so snarky, I'd post the link.

Okay fine, I'll be the 'nicer' person; here ya go: ~Rhino's comment history on Trucking Truth~

Take a look see; it worked for him!

~ Anne ~

Really happy to see you stop BACK, man! I've heard about the YRC dealio in the works; wonder if you have any 'inside' info? Pacific Pearl has posted a BUNCH, at least YRC specific..re: training. Anything to add?

Change is always 'fun' .. in one way or another. GLAD TO HEAR ALL IS GOOD, tho! Yes, you WERE missed; toldya.

~ Anne ~

dancing-dog.gif thank-you-2.gif dancing-dog.gif

Posted:  5 days, 23 hours ago

Does anyone work for Werner on the Family Dollar account in Las Vegas?

Brian;

If you weren't so snarky, I'd post the link.

Take a look see; it worked for him!

~ Anne ~

Posted:  5 days, 23 hours ago

First time for everything.

I’ll have to search thru it. Ya I’m good I been busy working away. Waiting to see how this merger going into yellow is gonna work out. No more layovers for us

Some people just aren’t very bright lol or don’t think before they speak. Damn 4 tires with nails lol my kind of luck I would of got my tire fixed then blow another down the road. Glad that didn’t happen.

P.S. Just to make known, I'm really not a smartazz, unless I'm dealing with morons, who are supposed to KNOW the trade fixin' stuff, then I try to refrain from being too much of a "richard cranium" if possible lol . Ya know the old "treat others how you wanna be treated" sometimes......It's really hard hahahaha

It's BEEN awhile, Rhino! I mentioned you in an LTL chat, somebody in your neck of the woods, looking to get in like you did.

All good, all okay? confused.gif You've not stopped by in a while; we miss ya!

Take a min, man!!

LoL~ Anne ~ thank-you-2.gif

Posted:  2 months, 4 weeks ago

First time for everything.

Posted:  3 months ago

First time for everything.

Front trailer right side inner tire. They replaced both tho. Never seen them use singles. Sounds kinda creepy lol.

Stevo: same here it made me jump a bit thought it was guy beside me I was passing but looked back n seen the cloud of dust. Pulled over asap. The tire guy got almost to me then had to turn back cuz he forgot something. Wow some people just want to watch the world burn smh

Which tire went?

I blew a dolly.tire once and since we use super singles it made it very interesting.

Posted:  3 months ago

First time for everything.

Nice. I’m a bit shy of that amount..

Well got my first blown tire this morning lol. Been waiting 2 hours for tire guy said he will be here in about 30 mins. I’m ok with it I’m getting paid to sit here lol

We get paid hourly to sit. About $32hr for me

Posted:  3 months ago

First time for everything.

What do u mean? Lol

Don’t hate the player hate the game lol

Union guys....

Very well said!

Are you 'free' yet, though ?!?!?

~ Anne ~

Posted:  3 months ago

First time for everything.

Don’t hate the player hate the game lol

Union guys....

Posted:  3 months ago

First time for everything.

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Weird / Interesting Truck Stops...

In beaver Utah they have a truck strung up like that but it’s a cab over.

Pix ?!?!?! (Of the lizzies, of course !) ;)

Not a national chain, but one truck stop I remember well is in Bakersfield. Older truck stop. Ok restaurant. It had a bar on one side of it. Interesting to say the least. Lizards galore!

Besides the good ole' I '80 museum, to which (yet) I've never been, but Marc Lee sent me souvenirs from, Tom's been to THIS one...which is sadly, no longer with us. Supposedly was a REAL Pete, up there!

Anyone else been here? Wish Tom had gotten pix of the inside. I know O/S and many others have awesome pix of some doozies, too:

0638077001650483390.jpg

~ Anne ~

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Possible new driver?

Thanks. It was a miserable week for sure but glad to be back to work.

Ya I need to probably lol but haven’t had anything really to post. I had pneumonia for a week so was out of work for a week. That’s only update I have so far lol

So sorry to hear, Rhyne!

Glad to hear you're up & at'em, though!

~ Anne ~

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Possible new driver?

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Possible new driver?

Someone remembers me! Lol Jk. Yes donkey check out yrc/reddaway they will train u if u have a cdl already sometimes they will have an academy to help u get your cdl. Look at their website and see what they are hiring for in your area. I don’t know if they consolidated their websites so check both yrc and reddaway.

Howdy, sir ~ and welcome to Trucking Truth! Don Quixote ... LoL!

Aside from our standard 'howdy:'

Look at some of the postings from BobcatBob, Banks, and G'Town has a 'doubles' thread. . . we've also got Delco Dave in our diaries forum, going through training with ABF right now. Banks' diary should serve you well; he did dock to driver! MANY more, too many to list/suggest; you'll find them!

Daniel B., our moderator that designed our forum pretrip, is an instructor with ODFL, in CA. It's sure a possibility.

Until any of the above reply; take a look see, at their diaries/postings!

Welcome again, and best to you, sir!

~ Anne ~

'Trucker's Wife, Trucker's Life'

ps: To answer your question, it's definitely not a pipe dream!

Don't forget member Rhino with YRC. He's out that way.

Posted:  4 months, 4 weeks ago

Self driving Semis

There no where near ready for that. The tech they have in them now is glitchy and junk imo

Posted:  5 months ago

XPO - Not much current info . .

Try reddaway/yrc they will train. Union n good benefits. I started right out of school and have been here about 8 months

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Broke down..brakes locked up on highway

Not to take away from your situation. But the other night I was driving up to Salt Lake City from Vegas and just north of mesquite I seen this truck on the shoulder so I got over to the left lane and thank god I did because there was a body ( I don’t think it was a animal) in the right lane. I think someone got hit but it was a quick glance but did not look like a animal like I said. :(

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Supernatural or Spooky encounters on the Road

Nah they hang out around highway 95 in Nevada (close to the test site)

I once saw a Fed Ex ground contractor who wasn't driving like an azz.

Other than that nothing exciting I guess the aliens do not hang out around I-65.