Comments By Andy D.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/truck-highway.jpg avatar
  • Andy D.
  • 1 year ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  4 months ago

Deferred adjudication question

I would really appreciate that

Posted:  4 months ago

One more thread on losing weight.

Its all about calorie deficit. No matter what you eat. But eating junk and sugars can break down your lean muscle.

You need fluids but drinking too much water can, in fact, dilute your electrolytes and be counterproductive.

Again, when you burn more calories than you take in, you lose weight.

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

I hit a deer this morning

Probably an insurance issue too. I used to be in the property and casualty insurance field and when you hit a deer it is charged under your comprehensive insurance. When you swerve and hit any other object it is under your collision and thus is chargeable to you.

its basically "at fault" vs "non chargeable"

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Energy drinks

Try caffeine pills.

It is only caffeine without all the additives. Caffeine is bad enough but the additives are what I feel get you with the energy drinks.

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

App?

A useful thought just occurred to me concerning the new upgrade Brett wrote of. Hopefully it has a “modify post” ability, or an edit button.

Nope, it does not. That's what the "Preview" button is for. If I allow people to modify their posts they're going to go back after the fact and make changes. Plus, you can't believe how often someone will get mad and think, "I'll show them!!!" and go back and add in a bunch of cussing and nasty garbage.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I was wondering why we cant edit

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Deferred adjudication question

Can't prove it. sorry

I have been declined by Wil Trans/Jim Palmer and Maverick since they have rules about 15 or over the limit. The fact I can prove it one way or the other kinda disqualifies me I suppose.

For the record, I understand the stance on it. Just frustrated that I seem to be stuck.

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Deferred adjudication question

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Fired from Swift

Dumb question.....

Have you not called Swift and talked to them about this instead of coming on here first? Seems to me if you had documentation on you proving that you took these tests while they say you did not would justify a call or two.

just my 2 cents

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Deferred adjudication question

We have the same type of thing in Arizona. If you get a moving violation, you can opt to go to a Defensive Driving Class or some such thing. You pay for the class, usually a bit less than the fine itself. Give up a Saturday, and the ticket is dismissed. Not reported to insurance. Like you never got it. This option is only good if you have not had any violations in the past 3 or maybe 5 years. It is pretty much a "get out of jail free card".

That's my big issue here. I pulled an insurance 5 year MVR and there is nothing on there. When I explain the situation it make it seem like its a much bigger problem than it really is I suppose.

I would like to just not discuss it due to there being no record of it. I have heard of more detailed MVRs that carriers can pull that show more though. just want to be honest of course.

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Deferred adjudication question

Deferred adjudication on the ticket is what happened. Basically you get pulled over, ticket, pay a little extra to keep it off your record, and as long as you don’t get pulled over for 6 months it is stricken from the record.

If you do speed within the 6 months then you get a double whammy with both citations hitting your record.

So, how about some more details? Mainly, what is this “first time offender program “?

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Deferred adjudication question

And just to clarify, I have no idea if it was just over 15 or just under. I don't think it was, but without the ability to find out or provide proof, it puts me at a bit of a disadvantage.

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Deferred adjudication question

A little over a year ago I was pulled over in Harrison, AR for speeding. I was issued a ticket but was told about a "first time offenders program" so I bit.

Late last year I was in the process of applying to Jim Palmer/Wil Trans and was denied due to the fact I disclosed the ticket but could not tell them if it was 15 over or not and could not provide any documentation that it ever occurred since the police dept didn't show anything in the system.

My question is this....I feel weird not disclosing the ticket but don't want to be disqualified if it shows up afterwards. I also feel weird disclosing it and not being able to provide any info on it either.

Any info anyone can provide on this would be greatly appreciated.

Posted:  5 months ago

Good youtube trucking channel

Seabee-J, I disagree with your take on Smart Trucking. I think they're just another in a long line of alarmist, complaining, frustrated truckers who are fed up with every regulation, think the major companies are out to get you, and wants you to believe you need them in order to avoid all of the pitfalls of an industry that wants to take advantage of you.

Although there has to be some good YouTube channels out there, every so often over the years I've tried to look around to find some helpful, inspirational people who really get what it takes to be successful in this industry but after an hour or two I leave with a splitting headache and my stomach turning, sad for all of the people who are going to be driven away from the industry by the misinformation and bad attitudes.

The people that have been members here for a while and know our take on things - if you know some really good YouTube channels that fit our mold then let me know. I'd be happy to post their videos. But we've always been an island in this industry. It still seems unfathomable to be, but no one that really understands how this industry works seems to focus on what it takes to be successful in trucking. It's mostly people blaming, complaining, and criticizing the industry.

I completely agree here. At first it seemed like a decent channel but after looking at some of the videos its just a guy talking about what he hates about trucking and "It don't pay like it used to" videos