Comments By Christian F.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/gold-rig.jpg avatar

Posted:  4 months ago

Heading to Orientation for Melton Truck Lines

Sitting here thinking of how much I still have to learn... open mind to learn how to do things right the first time

Posted:  4 months ago

Heading to Orientation for Melton Truck Lines

So just left my wife and 9 y/o daughter at the Grayhound station in Wilmington,DE to head on a long bus trip to Ohio for orientation. I am excited, nervous, terrified (lol), and already missing them.... never been away from my daughter more then 3 days in her life. Praying that I have made the right decision on company, job, life, etc.... My wife and daughter are excited for me and 100% behind me so going to be great.

Question on load and hometime

Thanks for the response... can't wait to get out there and start

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Road test for potential job

Sounds awesome. ... congrats and good luck

Professionalism

I cannot agree more about acting in a professional manner. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I am certain this is why it so frustrating when I come upon those receiving personnel who act in a disrespectful manner towards me for whatever reason. Could it be due to how drivers have behaved towards them in the past? Possibly. Probably. Thankfully, I do not have to interact too long with those customers who act In such a manner. I get to spend most of my day with me, myself and I, merrily performing my job. Now, about those free coffee and donuts.

Just remember that you have to be professional to yourself too....lol. I always feel better about myself and what I am doing if I am dressed appropriately.

Question on load and hometime

Thanks everyone just thinking of trying to arrange things before I leave Saturday for when I come back home

Question on load and hometime

Thank you Turtle for the super fast answer

Question on load and hometime

Got a real quick question on a suggestion that Old School gave me a bit ago.... he suggested that when I take hometime when I get my truck to try to get a load on Friday for a Monday delivery and bring it home. Question is if I park my truck somewhere other then my house and leave the truck there (a parking lot or family member''s property) would it be considered abandonment? Don't want to be getting in trouble for leaving my truck and load somewhere.

Passed My CDL Test

Thanks to everyone. .... hopefully will get to see some of you out there soon

Passed My CDL Test

Thanks G-town...

Passed My CDL Test

Congrats!!! Where are you going?

Thanks.... I am going to be starting with Melton trucking.... I am really excited to start and do flatbed work..

Passed My CDL Test

I am jumping for joy..... I passed my CDL test today with flying colors and will be leaving for orientation this Saturday morning. ....

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

I FREAKING PASSED MY CDL TEST!!!

Congrats

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Went solo today, new Cascadia with collision avoidance system

I don't have any existing screws there and nothing to screen a mount to. There is a light on the underside of the cabinet above the fridge so can't screen anything into that either. My 110 outlets are hidden behind the microwave so I'd have to remove it to get a picture of them. I've heard some are using the existing screws in the vent (to the outside) to mount a TV but I'm afraid I won't have enough clearance to raise the bunk to access the storage underneath. My other half says he's drawn up a plan for a custom cabinet that will swivel and go on top of the fridge to hold the satellite receiver and mount the TV to, but I'm impatient and the way we've been running, haven't been home at the same time. That tray on top of the fridge-- even the satellite receiver doesn't sit flat there.

0354088001544360942.jpg

That picture on the TV looks like a scene from the movie Dune....lol

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

CDL test Sunday. Start with J.B. Hunt @ Amazon January 7th!

Good luck... just remember to relax

Failed my Yard Manuvers in CDL DMV test

So update. ... got scheduled for my retest on next Tuesday. Went back Friday for refresher practice and the instructor told me I did better Friday then I did before my test...lol. He also told me the same things you wonder people did that to shrug it off and learn from the problem that I encountered and gave me a couple of pointers to get out of the situation if it happens again. I am really excited to test again and confident that I got it this time..... hopefully I will be out there and running into some of you sooner then later..... thank you all out there for your thoughts and kind words.... someday I hope to be able to pay it forward

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Introduction

Welcome aboard and soak up as much as you can on here. This site is full of awesome and brilliant people who are supporting and willing to relay their vast knowledge to us new folks. The High Road training on here is great.

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Got my CDL back!

Congrats and good luck out there.

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Failed my Yard Manuvers in CDL DMV test

Thank you all for the encouragement and support..... I am bound and determined to get past this and get my CDL. I have a pretty good idea on the mistake I was making and was too nervous....lol. Going to relax and do like one instructor said "relax and just drive the truck"

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Failed my Yard Manuvers in CDL DMV test

Thank you both and you are right just got to figure it as a learning experience and try try again.