Comments By Pete E Pothole

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0673286001544562349-82844.jpg avatar

Posted:  1 month ago

New driver legs and but are killing me!

I bought a nice little seat cushion that I use, but not all the time. Just use it if getting tired of sitting for to long, the slight change seems to make the difference. I do not know how long you go between stops but when I am driving all day, meaning 10+ driving with no stops I take at least 5 minute breaks every couple hours and make sure you use your 30 minute to your advantage and take a walk when possible. I do not have in the truck but when I was farming we would have longer days and I really liked the heated seats for my back, I would crank the heat to high for about 10 minutes then off.

How do you drive ten plus without stops?

Pete, I believe he meant "stops" as in "customer".

OK that makes sense.

Lone Wolf: An Introduction and a Thank You

Good luck and remember people will read what you write even if they dont leave a post. Be a sponge.

Posted:  1 month ago

New driver legs and but are killing me!

How do you drive ten plus without stops?

Tight TA Lot

Yep the fuddruckers is nice.

Career Interruption.

Good luck Bruce, glad the CPAP is working well and maybe on my way through Madison this summer I can buy you a coffee.

Millis Transfer training, Richfield Wisonsin

Congrats, gonna be at least a couple weeks behind you. Getting stuck on a lightweight or getting an OTR truck?

Posted:  1 month ago

Trucking Truth "Guilty as Charged"

Well to be honest there is some negativity, but it's about reality. Not rainbows and unicorns, this site is about honesty, good and bad. However BS whining, and complaining about things you can control but choose to blame others for aren't met with a warm reception. Just a healthy dose of "Put on your big boy/girl pants and get your ass to work."

These people are amazingly dedicated to helping people out there who are interested in putting in the work and being dedicated enough to succeed.

Welcome, read all you can.

Millis Transfer training, Richfield Wisonsin

We wereable to squeeze in a few more miles and end up at 5800 for last week. I'll be testing out to go solo tomorrow afternoon sdepending on chicago and Milwaukee traffic.

Great week man, if you are testing out in cartersville with Steve just chat with him so you both can relax. Jack is pretty relaxed anyway. Congratulations!

Leaving For School On Midnight May 4th

In St Cloud getting loaded, and waved at your exit on 94 towards the south as I went by Doug. Hope all is well and you are soaking it in as fast as you can. Will be coming through Cedar Rapids in the morning will wave again.

My first 45 days as a truck driver

Yea I thought was you but wasn't sure. Looks much warmer this time at least. Much better photo this time too we dont need to speculate.smile.gif

My first 45 days as a truck driver

Didn't some post a picture of a plaque there behind the flying j inside a wrought iron fence? Can't remember who it was.

Posted:  1 month ago

I'm going off to Roehl 'cause I need to train!

Really hope it all works out the way it is supposed to for ya. At school we were taught no matter the color of the signal as you approach you can usually count on it being red by the time you get there, and always treat a yellow as red. Takes a long time to get 72 feet through an intersection. Good luck to you, really hope you get it worked out.

Posted:  1 month ago

Looking forward to the 17th and a much needed vacation.

Enjoy that hometime Big Scott.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Introduction followed by Millis Training Institute Diary.(Cartersville, GA)

Hard to not hit any bumps on any interstate in Indiana. My least favorite roads in the US.

Yea I know 65 and 70 really suck, but I find them everywhere.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

A walk on the ‘Darkside’ - working for a small company

LOL c'mon you sure you don't want to share any hypothetical circumstances?

rofl-2.gifrofl-3.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-3.gifsmile.gif

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Introduction followed by Millis Training Institute Diary.(Cartersville, GA)

So yesterday my trainer looks over at me from the passenger's seat and says I've got your cb handle, while driving northbound through Indiana on I-65. I said ok great what is it? Pothole was the answer, it seems that I have a great proficiency at finding them no matter what lane I choose, so I'm going with it. From here out I will be Pete E Pothole, but you my friends can still call me Pete.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Prime PSD training, from a trainer's perspective.

I’ve never seen any company with those placards, other than a stand-alone truck driving school. Have you Patrick?

Yep, Swift Driving academy truck’s. I have seen them several times at the Flying J exit 19, I-20 in Georgia. Tractor and Trailer had Student Driver on them.

Those are swift school trucks from the school in Waco, Ga. Not an otr truck with a student driving.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Some Guys Don't Know How to Treat a Woman

I recently saw this picture captioned with "He stopped loving her today."

rofl-2.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-3.gif

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Trucker reportedly forced to alter log book before crash awarded $80 million!

You are probably right packrat. I thought I heard somewhere out there that some were still not on ELD's and I likely assumed paper logs.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Trucker reportedly forced to alter log book before crash awarded $80 million!

There are still paper lods with a December deadline.