Comments By Pete E Pothole

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0183257001563755762-82844.jpg avatar

Posted:  4 months, 4 weeks ago

Trifecta at Prime

Congratulations Driver. Enjoy this little bit of time off.

Posted:  5 months ago

The Highway Bottleneck Awards, 2019

Atlanta has three on there only because trucks have to take 285 if not delivering inside of it. At the root of it that really is what makes Atlanta traffic so bad.

Posted:  5 months ago

Starting School Soon After A Long Wait

Good luck to you, I hope you find it as rewarding as I have. If you're as anxious as I was I couldn't imagine that lasting for years.

Posted:  5 months ago

Came up 5 minutes short

Cant PC to company property, for whatever reason that doesnt count as a safe haven. That's what I was told by our log dept anyway.

Posted:  5 months ago

Unwritten Trucker Pro-Tips (Feat. Kearsey)

Anytime someone in a four wheeler sees a space they can fit in they will, plan accordingly.

Posted:  5 months ago

Freight surprises

Man those dang john deer nails. Toughest part of any load we haul are those blocks and nails.

Posted:  5 months ago

Your favorite thing about driving a truck.

The view from my cubicle.

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

5 weeks into Prime PSD Training. Frustrated, unsure, going broke.

Kinda wanna see the video now. Probably cheer me up. Link? Will find your article on here and read it. Love the stuff that lady Rainy used to post. And yes was ready to test weeks ago now its like this looming cloud I wanna see but hope it doesn't storm. Too much time to think about messing it up. Auto fail rings in my head. Know pretrip by heart. Not much pad time to learn points. Lots of road time though so I have that at least.

I am "that lady Rainy". lol and thank you! I used a fake name to write my novels years ago, and used my dogs name for forums. I never expected to be here 4 years!!! Last month instarted a youtube channel so i switched this profile to Kearsey (my real name) for sanity reasons. I have people calling me by so many names i feel.like Sybil.

the YT link is in my profile. Lots of rookie tips going up there. ;) Even my story of how i failed.

If you are ever walking across a truck stop parking lot and hear someone yelling "Hey Sybil" that's me.

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Oops! SWIFT pulled their job offer!

Contact them and ask if you can ho through the swift academy as a CDL holder. It will be more than orientation, but worth it if you want it. Worst they can say is no.

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Parking between Pottsville PA and Edison NJ

Yea I dont know if it was all stores or a particular one. I was pretty sure I saw something posted about it here, but could be mistaken.

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Parking between Pottsville PA and Edison NJ

Yeah Pete...209, you experienced something I haven’t. Lots of country secondaries in the mountains. Some like 54 are truck friendly and a nice drive. Others, not so much.

Glad you made it through and found a safe place to park.

I thought about that Cabelas as I passed it, but saw something recently where someone posted something about them changing truck policy. Wasnt sure if this was one of those places, and didnt want to risk pulling in and not being able to get out at 5 pm ish.

Got up early, appt window was 0800 to 1730. Pulled into guard shack at 815 and got a QC message while I was driving that said they dont want you there til 1400. So the Walmart in Edison is nice. Hope you all have a great day.

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Five Years On This Account

Congrats and thank you. I think you inspire more of us than you know.

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Parking between Pottsville PA and Edison NJ

I was actually north of Pottsville, but getting down to 61, I took the 209 tour through the city. Ended up heading west to a flying j in Myerstown on I 78, the loves in Shartlesville was a zoo. I figured heading east could've ended up in sitting in a lot of traffic. Thank you for all of the suggestions and if I ever say anything about coming back to pottsville remind me about the 209 tour so I dont do it again.

The drive in on 54 and 901 was quite nice though.

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Parking between Pottsville PA and Edison NJ

So I'm at consignee, getting loaded in the morning in Edison, NJ. At this time of day I'm assuming parking will be scarce, and trucker path wont show me any of the places to park. Brings up the map but no truck stops. Any suggestions?

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Tyson - Rochelle Illinois

Had a drop and hook yesterday myself, thankfully I didnt have to put the trailer in this spot. Had to get a spotter to pull it out.

0957374001568202028.jpg0700686001568202060.jpg0869158001568202091.jpg

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Driving for Prime

If you dont at least think real hard about saying some unpleasant things in Atlanta between 6 am and 8 pm you dont have a pulse or arent paying attention.

The only thing I can add here is, if you arent certain you want it dont do it. As Old School always says, this is about commitment. You have to want it like you have never wanted anything before. There will be stresses you cant imagine, because there are things you just dont deal with anywhere else but the drivers seat of that 72 foot long machine. Its magnificently rewarding, and if you yearn for freedom from the mundane this is it. Your drive will determine the outcome for you. Set a goal and work your butt off to accomplish that. Settle for nothing less, just dont second guess yourself, be sure you want this and are up to all challenges.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

NYC? 5 stops by 2pm? Challenge accepted!

The job has to be done. Great effort, but as you said it was out of your control. Love the attitude about how to deal with the yucky stuff(NYC in particular). Was really hoping it would work out in your favor. Thanks again for more inspiration.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

NYC? 5 stops by 2pm? Challenge accepted!

I know if it can be done Turtle is one of the people who can. Still think it will be tough. The challenging days though are the best when it all works out.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Hurricane

Father lives in Vero Beach. I worry about him but have faith he will do the safe thing.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

NYC? 5 stops by 2pm? Challenge accepted!

First day of work for folks after a long weekend. I dont envy you, buy a lottery ticket before you use up all your good luck accomplishing that task.