Comments By TCB

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0932553001580928048-85924.jpg avatar
  • TCB
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Eating cheap on the road?

I have a multi cooker with about 7 different functions, including rice cooker, sautéing, slow cooking, etc. I like to use it to cook up batches or rice and stews, sloppy joe, taco meat, etc. to last me for a few days. Also, while I am home, my wife will cook up meals for me to keep in the frig. and to microwave for quick meals. Canned meals such as ravioli canned be warmed quickly.

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Eating cheap on the road?

Some company terminals have shuttles to local supermarkets. If you happen to go to a company terminal, ask.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

I-40 or I-70 decision time

I just got word that Swift Jurupa is preventing empty trailers from leaving the terminal due to high winds. Winds are about 25mph with gust up to 60-70 in some areas. Stay safe guys, especially if traveling through the passes.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

I-40 or I-70 decision time

You might could take the I-10, I-20 corridor, then the I-35 north out of Dallas. You would probably go through winds in the Banning area. The highest elevation would be the stretch through NM and West Texas where elevation is 4500-5000, but pretty flat with not many steep upgrades.

Posted:  5 months, 4 weeks ago

EFS Fuel Cards Glitch

Some of the drivers here at In Wells NV are having issues.

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

CB anymore?

Mine is on and I hear others occasionally, but doesn't transmit.

You won't find CB repair shops at any Loves or Flying J/Pilots. I've been looking to get mine repaired. Not many shops anywhere. :-(

Laura

The Petro in Weatherford TX has a cb shop.

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

Views From the Office Window (Post Yours Please!)

Sorry can’t figure out how to rotate photo. My first time in conditions like this. It came out of nowhere. I guess that’s WY for you.

0147336001580009179.jpg

HWY 287 WY

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

Views From the Office Window (Post Yours Please!)

0147336001580009179.jpg

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

Views From the Office Window (Post Yours Please!)

Posted:  6 months, 4 weeks ago

Forced dispatch?

I would take it personally, I work for a company that does forced dispatch to keep everyone productive, only reason we can reject a load is HOS related. it's not going to be windy the whole time, it'll clear up at some point.

The forecast is for winds all day today and part of tomorrow. I would be driving through the area today with gust of 50-60.

Posted:  6 months, 4 weeks ago

Forced dispatch?

Would you guys consider a load that you rejected but that was dispatched to you anyway a forced dispatch? Dispatch has been trying to get someone to take this load for at least one day. Apparently no one wants it. It will be going through So. Cali. Where winds will be 25-35 with gust of 50-60. What would you guys do?

Posted:  9 months, 2 weeks ago

5:45 hours gained

Thanks for all of the input guys and helping me understand recaps. I was able to use recap hours to run a load that got me home.

Posted:  9 months, 2 weeks ago

5:45 hours gained

Ugh. You are one of THOSE guys that drives 55 in Cali... lol.

So am I.

Since you're not the one paying my tickets for obeying the posted traffic control device, what's your point?

Not only a speeding ticket, but also give CA authorities itching to give you a level 1 and excuse to give you one. And, receive safety violations from your company.

Posted:  9 months, 2 weeks ago

5:45 hours gained

Jim where are you coming from and when are the delivery and pu appts?

Nice meeting you by the way.

Big T, I made a delivery in Phoenix, then used the remaining hours of my 70 and recap hours to pick up a load in Yuma, AZ and deliver to Santa Fe Springs, CA which got me home. Nice meeting you. Hopefully, I will be seeing you at the terminal, and without wildfire smoke chocking both of us.

Posted:  9 months, 2 weeks ago

5:45 hours gained

My Quallcom HOS shows 6:53 hours left on my seventy. I will use about three of that today for a delivery locally. I am currently in sleeper with 14 left on 14 and 11 on 11. It shows 5:45 to be gained. When do I gain those hours? My company offered a 350 mile load to get me home. I calculated that would take 9-10 hours, load, scale, drive CA 55mph, unload, then drive to terminal. Is there any way this would work? I thought about PC from receiver to terminal, but that my take over one hour in LA area.

Posted:  10 months ago

Made a costly mistake

Typically, with something like what you described, nothing happens. The slight possibility that an officer wants to scrutinize your logs sometime in the next eight days could cause you some anxiety, but it's doubtful he's gonna hit you for such a slight infraction. It's also possible that some unknown person in the logs department at your company may give you a call wanting to know what happened, but even that is unlikely in the scenario you described.

After eight days has passed, it won't be available for the officer to see. Here's some incidental information others should know. It's important for you to understand how to show the officer a "roadside view" of your electronic logs. When I put my ELD system onto "roadside view" it shows the logs graph in a grey-scale" view. In other words it's not in color. Violations are not showing up in that glaring red color. It's much more tedious for the officer to discover a slight variation of the rules in that screen shot view. It also (at least on ours) locks the officer out of other areas in your ELD that he doesn't necessarily have the right to be viewing during an inspection.

Thanks for the tip.

Posted:  10 months ago

Made a costly mistake

What happens when you get a HOS violation? I got one last week for going over my 14. It happened five miles from where I was going to park. I then switched to PC to go park.

Posted:  10 months ago

Made a costly mistake

If you are driving an automatic, it might help to put it in manual mode and keep it in first gear for driving slow.

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

CB tips

Make sure that your SWR reading is not going over 2.0 during transmission. It could fry your transistor finals. The Cascadia antenna is probably already tuned to keep SWR low.

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

Personal conveyance

Thanks for the response guys. Do you also have to be uncoupled?