Comments By GrayBeardinPA

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0508233001568244349-86306.jpg avatar

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Postcards from the Road! (Post Yours Please!)

I want my click back!

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

13’6” clearance!!!

Tell me about it. Especially those old septa rail overpasses. It seems once a month a truck gets stuck under one.

PS possibly meet up and chat sometime? Email me at tradewindvw@gmail

Just curious because I live in the Philly area and see a lot of overpasses listed at 13’6” As well as many shorter ones which I know could not be driven under

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Rookie Solo Adventures of a Knuckle Draggin Primate (Rob D.)

Nice!

I would love to do Marine/boat transport one day. I dream of delivering yachts one day.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Birth Certificate and Passport Processing delay woes during Covid. :(

Yeah, i wish it was that easy for me. I would have to travel over 700 miles to do it in person.

I do not know what Vitalchek is, I was just saying I know on Monday I could go to my county courthouse and for $10 or $15 could have a copy of my birth certificate.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Birth Certificate and Passport Processing delay woes during Covid. :(

In order to use Vitalchek, you need birth information beforehand. Counties use Vitalchek for out of state online requests. Expedited passport requests are on hold to due covid unless death and some other emergency.

I’m giving of what the picture is now due to Covid and Real ID demand.

If you know where you were born, what hospital or what county, it is as easy as going to that county seat and getting a copy for about $10. Your birth certificate is already a public record. As for getting a passport that can all be done online but does take time. In the past is a passport was needed in a hurry for travel or other reasons, contacting your representative or senator what get you in touch with someone to help speed process.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Birth Certificate and Passport Processing delay woes during Covid. :(

This is a heads up to anyone needing proof of citizenship for licensing/employment needs.

Due to Covid and read ID demand. Vitalchek is having long processing times on Birth Certificates. I’ve been waiting over a month for mine. When I recently checked my status, they canceled my order. Getting through to customer service took a while too. ( I was born in Chicago, and now live in the Philadelphia ‘burbs)

When, I learned of my Birth Cert cancellation, I mailed in my renewal for my Passport (It expired earlier this year). Thankfully the office renewal is just in Philly, so my check cleared a few days after I mailed it. Now to wait for Passport.

Make sure that you have your proof of citizenship. If you need it, you better start the process because you might end up with unexpected delays.

PS I’m heading to my parents house today, to see if I can search for my birth certificate. I don’t remember them giving it to me. So there’s a chance it’s there.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Buying my first truck need some info

So your financing it? What rate did you get? Are you putting a down payment on it?

You really need to take the time and learn about financing. You need to understand how interest and principle are computed to make your monthly payment amount.

If you have not signed any papers yet, I would reconsider this move until you educate yourself better. You will always pay more for monthly payments with interest than straight cash.

Hey I'm in the process of getting a truck. and the price is 47000 for a freightliner 2017 with 530,000 miles on it the price on it is 49,000$ but I get all the paper work done and then I find out its 75,000$ at the end after I pay it off. is that normal or am I getting screwed. Thanks

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Can't sleep while truck is moving

I have a feeling. If you are asking here, you did not like his response? Mentor and you only make money when the wheels are turning. So you need to find ways to get used to the truck sway, and or take every opportunity to get rest when you can.

Hello everyone, I recently started training with a mentor. I told him I can't sleep in the sleeper berth while he is driving. I tend to get bounced around back there while he is driving.Would it be unreasonable to ask him to pull over and park for a few hours so I can sleep? All suggestions are appreciated. Thank you

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Cpap compliance 30 or 90 days?

I just want to say that there a number of people on TT that use a CPAP, me included. I know when I first started using a CPAP It felt very un natural and invasive. Though, with support and encouragement, I got used to it and felt the benefits of using it. MY energy levels were greatly improved. I use it every night. I avg 6.5 hours per night now.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Cpap compliance 30 or 90 days?

If your close to 70% for 90 days. That’s not using your cpap every night, min. 4 hours per session.

What type of cpap you have? Mask typr?

Posted:  1 year, 10 months ago

U.S Express Walmart review update. My pay and is the account good in my opinion.

Cliffnotes....... you wanted to make money not earn it.

Posted:  1 year, 10 months ago

The Benefits Of Staying With Your Starter Company Beyond One Year - article by G-Town

How fitting this thread popped up........

I would like to congratulate G-Town on his hard work and his commitment to Swift and his account. He recently informed me that he made Diamond Status. dancing-dog.gif

Posted:  1 year, 10 months ago

Happy Birthday Kearsey

Wait I thought she was only 27.

Happy 30th Birthday today to the Prime TNT trainer that also is our favorite YouTube sensation.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

Bullitt's New Journey

So I’ve been studying the High Road Program for the last few weeks. I really like the review feature. It helped me learn, understand and retain the information. This week I have been taking the practice tests. I’ve scored well on them, only 1 maybe 2 wrong on some sections. I feel ready to take the written and get my CLP.

Though, this COVID-19 has really done a number on trying to get my affairs in order. I just ordered a new birth certificate. So I hope to have it in the next two weeks. My passport just expired, I need to get my application sent off. Tomorrow, I’m going to license center to get my renewed personal taken care of. OY!

I have always kept focused on moving forward, and not let things unravel me.

I’ll get there, soon.

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

Non excepted interstate

Quick google search nets

Your answers

Hi guys! I haven’t been on here in a while but went to the DMV today and had non expected interstate added to my license. They say that allows me to cross state lines but I don’t believe it. I tried to call the FMCSA but couldn’t speak to a live person. I’m currently driving a trash truck locally in my hometown but was offered a job from Schneider today dedicated from Cottonton Alabama to Atlanta.

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

Update. Retirement and Werner

Now that's an great Father's Day Picture!

Congrats on going solo and truck!

My kid doesn’t mind the smell 0570779001592700258.jpg

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

Clarification of CDL Requirements

If hauling hazmat yes even though your below 26001. Iirc, you wouldn't on federal level if not hauling HM or passengers.

But, I would check ur state if there is an air brake restriction on non CDL licenses.

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

High Road Training Program for Ohio?

Im in PA. I’ve studied the PA CDL, a General CDL book and now working myself through the High road program.

All have very similar wording. In fact, in many cases its the exact same. You would not have issue using the High road along with the OH CDL manual.

Hi, Does the High Road training program cover all states? I don't know much about how different or similar the laws and regs are between states?

Thanks!

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

Eye Candy

Hey Dave nice to see you post! Im currently studying. Thank goodness school has finished for my daughter. I can focus on getting my permit. Im shooting for Father’s day to get it.

Hey Bullitt!!! How you doing? Have you started with Swift yet? I’m currently running packages for Amazon in the meantime. Delco goes from red to yellow tomorrow, hoping to get back on track real soon!

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

Eye Candy

Allied van lines?

Observed this specimen Tuesday afternoon of a Large Car in the Northbound side of the Lehigh Valley Interchange I-476 service plaza.

0023202001591286304.jpg