Comments By BubblesDhaDrivah

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/trucks-parked.jpg avatar

My Carter Express Adventure

Congratulations Bubbles, Iโ€™ve been following along with your story; I may follow your footsteps in a year. Iโ€™m looking forward to reading your training diary ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks Darin!!!! Welcome to the journey of trucking๐Ÿ˜ƒ. Sending lots of luck your way. I will definitely keep you posted as much as possible. Also welcome to the TT family!!

My Carter Express Adventure

Thank y'all so much!! It's been a real rollercoaster for the past few months,but God,my family & TT really help me get through it with peace of mind. I just still can't believe!! Will definitely keep everyone updated!!

Day 1 10/13/20 @6:17PM

Today was amazing! Left around around 8:30am. While on my way to the terminal I mistakenly enter the wrong number for the address that I placed in my GPS. But no biggie. Once I updated the address I was only 4mins away. Got to the terminal, turned in my keys and met with other students. It was only 7 of us with 5 who has experience and will be getting their trucks on tomorrow. While me and another student will be doing training. Since today was orientation day,y'all know how it goes haha. Watch some welcome and safety videos,sign papers and meet the staff. The day went by fairly quickly. Everything started at 9am,ended at 4:30pm. And just got word that our hire date is tomorrow!! I can OFFICIALLY SAY I WORK AT CARTER EXPRESS!!!!!!! Extremely sorry if I made this post really confusing. I'm beyond pooped out and would love a hot bubble bath with lavender soap petals haha.

Day 1 completed

thank-you.gifthank-you.gifthank-you.gif

My Carter Express Adventure

Bubbles. Good luck! Iโ€™m sure youโ€™ll do fine! I just read this entire thread. I just said a prayer for you.

Thanks so much for your prayers Scott!! Just another hour til orientation. Really excited.

UPDATE On 10/13/20 @1:55am

Thanks PackRat & Annie. Made it here safe and sound!! Y'all so much for the positivity!!!!!!!!!! Hotel is nicer than I thought haha. And the rental car was amazing only spent $37 on gas!! In the morning is the big DAY. Will definitely keep everyone updated. And Anne I'm definitely gonna read Rob.T thread I'm curious now lol.

thank-you.gifthank-you.gifthank-you.gif

My Carter Express Adventure

Quick Update: Well it's 9:08am on 10/12/20. Almost time for me to leave and head to Anderson,In. Super excited and nervous all at the same time. Will be calling my recruiter in just a few minutes to confirm the hotel I'll be staying at and that I'll be alittle late on arrival. Wish me luck!!

My Carter Express Adventure

Anne,all is definitely checked :D!!! I'm super excited about tomorrow. Made sure I packed what ever I needed for those 4-6 weeks. Haha the "husband endorsement" is definitely in check haha!! Gotta do the entire 7hrs (with in between stops for gas). Gotta check in before 6pm or my room will be cancelled,BUT my recruiter informed me that if I call the receptionist on tomorrow before I leave to let em know I'll be there after 6pm,they will hold my room and not cancel. Super excited!!!!! Orientation is Tuesday morning at 9AM. Will definitely update y'all as much as possible ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€!! Wish me luck!! 9:44PM 10/11/20

good-luck-2.gifgood-luck-2.gifgood-luck-2.gif

I'm Sick in bed. Company vs Lease

Guess who's not gonna be leasing in a few years now ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ . But praying for a speedy recovery Kearsey ๐ŸŒป!!

My Carter Express Adventure

Bubbles, ya know i care aboutcha, woman.

These 'hubby' setbacks are setting back my brain. YES, i wish you success. YET, I still stick by my thoughts in the 'HAHA' thread, in the diaries.

He should have been prepared to 'back you up' if a back up plan were necessary, IMHO. What HAPPENS when you ARE .. um... OTR, and your BOL's didn't get transflo'd the proper week??? Can he pad your account with money for food???

There were times back in '03 when my hubby got re'certified, and I was pregnant, working at Bob Evans...and had to bounce HIM money..he having just started with a new company (Transport America) because what they 'said' they would pay him (Comdata card?!?) didn't happen... but for a week later. Here's my point. COUNT ON YOUR OWN coin purse (and your mans!) and look at the others as just a few 'freebies' or 'gimmes...' for the ride.

Just my 2cents; wish you well. Pad your preparedness in MANY ways, m'lady!

Anne .. :)

Heeeeyyyy Anne๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ!!!! Yeah that whole entire week went down hill. And yeah,I think it's my fault. I know a husband & wife is supposed to be a team. But sometimes (alot) I just don't want things handed to me. We're both hard workers but after the pandemic,things went down hill. I didn't have my job anymore and I had to (gulp) ask the hubby for so much. He would tell me all the time that we're a team and supposed to support each other no matter what even if it breaks bone. But my attitude has been as stubborn as an old fancy poodle with her nose in the air. But I've calmed down and came to terms that,the one you decided to spend the rest of your life with,is here for multiple reasons. One reason is support. Pride is definitely a horrible thing,which I'm definitely letting go. (And I'm getting kinda off topic...AGAIN). But yeah. Still sorting it out for sure Anne haha.

rofl-3.gifthank-you.gif

Any updates, Bubbles ?!?!? Hope this finds you well, and heading to Carter SOON ~!!!!

good-luck-2.gifgood-luck.gifconfused.gifgood-luck-2.gif

Hi Anne. And yes,just got the paper copy of my CDL. I'm beyond excited for Monday. Just got off the phone with my recruiter and she setting up a rental for me. Told me she will call me back to make sure I received the rental information and where it's located for me to pick it up. So yeah,just waiting on a phone call and email from her :). Will definitely keep you posted!!

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Guess Whose Birthday It Is - HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRETT!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRETT. Wishing many more!!!!!!

dancing-banana.gifdancing-dog.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-dog.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-dog.gif

Scared to drive..

Hi Natalia! Hope all is well. Everything you describe is similar to what I experienced but only with my backing. It took nearly 3 weeks to finally get the trailer and tractor in & through the box in each skill. My nightmare was with the 90 Alley dock. What made me finally ace the Alley dock on my second try (failed my first because I took to many points from the all skill,the Alley dock) was the last instructor I was paired with show me how to do it and gave me a chance to do the manager on my own. No walkie talkie,no nothing. Afterwards I GOT IT!! On the day of my exam,I walked with my examiner with confidence (still nervous alittle) and told myself "I got this". BOOM!! Aced the straight line,then the offset, and finally the skill that ended my exam,the 90 Alley dock. Aced all 3 with no problem. Got my driving part out the way also. But the first couple of times of driving a Semi is very nerve racking. But after driving #5 I got super comfortable.

You got this!!

good-luck.gifgood-luck.gifgood-luck.gif

My Carter Express Adventure

Bubbles, ya know i care aboutcha, woman.

Just my 2cents; wish you well. Pad your preparedness in MANY ways, m'lady!

Anne .. :)

rofl-3.gifthank-you.gif

Roehl Phase 1

Congratulations ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰ and good luck on your new career Mike!!

dancing-dog.gifdancing-dog.gifdancing-dog.gif

My Carter Express Adventure

FYI; donโ€™t eat any gummies at that party. Someone else posted here that they tested positive because a โ€œfriendโ€ put some cannabis laced gummies in as a going away โ€œgift.โ€

Gummies laced with cannabis!!!! Wow,thanks for the heads up Steve!! And I should say that I'm extremely sorry for this person. Hate his/her career ended because a friend wanted to do such a thing. That's not a friend at all. And could you make a police report for such a thing?

My Carter Express Adventure

Still ready to go tomorrow?

I completely wish PackRat. But I guess my big mouth got me in trouble...AGAIN. What I mean by that is. Last Monday after I talked with my recruiter. I told my husband that I would need funds to pay for my CDL on Wednesday (last Wednesday). Boom my counselor who helped pay for my schooling emailed me the very next day. She congratulates me and told me that she can also help me with paying for my CDL (I mention to her that the company required a cdl to train). I WAS BEYOND HAPPY!! Alot of times,I hate to have my husband fork over money to me after paying bills and paying for everyday essentials & just because (hate being spoiled alot of times). So getting the news that my counselor can help me with funds to get my CDL was amazing news. Called my recruiter that same day and told her that my counselor will help fund my CDL and that I'll be going to the DMV on Wednesday (or any other day last week),and will be ready this coming Monday. Told my husband he didn't have to worry about giving me the funds because my counselor has me covered. Waited and waited those days, than emailed her,she then tells me that she's still looking into it. Okaaayyy? Friday came and decided to let my husband know (even through he already knew what I was coming to him about),he told me he will have it next week. Made an appointment for Wednesday this time and called my recruiter. She told me it was perfectly fine matter of fact she threw in some laughs which help light the mood alot. She gave me a date for October 13th. I take this as "things happen for a reason" and at the end of the day I'm still excited and bombastic about starting this new amazing career. Wish me AAAAALLLLLOOOTTTTT of luck y'all. Definitely gonna need it because I think I have some usual luck. SERIOUSLY!!

P.S: Hubby decided to throw a huge BBQ party next Friday. So some rainbow after this tornado storm of mines.

good-luck-2.gifgood-luck-2.gifgood-luck-2.gif

Excited but nervous!

Lots of luck on your journey!!! Recent CDL grad here and I can tell ya,I'm extremely darn excited about starting this career. It's gonna be a rollercoaster some days but at the end of the day,your mind is gonna reflect back to why you chose this career and that is what's gonna push you to keep going towards your goal. (Annnnd I'm preaching...again). Your gonna do great man. Again lots of luck towards your new AWESOME career

smile.gifgood-luck.gif

My Carter Express Adventure

Oh boy, slow down and breathe. Senior is right this is just a minor mixup and your already correcting. Donโ€™t freak out. Also they should have sent you a suggested list of things to take with you. Donโ€™t overpack.

You're absolutely right PJ. Getting my head blown for no good reason at all. I should definitely relax this whole week because (hopefully) in the next few weeks I'll be very busy. And yeah they told me to bring just clothing, laundry & hygiene products. My enormous mind decided to bring my whole house.

My Carter Express Adventure

Minor setback due to a communication mixup. It's minor, so good luck getting everything fixed up on Wednesday.

Thanks PackRat!! And yes just a small set back. Well at least I have a week to actually pack the right stuff. Can't even began to list everything (that's unnecessary) I decided to throw in my bags,goodness.

How was Day 1?

Horrible completely horrible PackRat. I never got to go. In the beginning I told my recruiter that I had my paper clp in text message and over the phone. So I asked her could I still attend training with that. She gave me the ok. Ok look yall I already had a bad feeling about it because that means I would have to come back to Tennessee to get my actual cdl paper copy. I told her I haven't paid the $70 for my CDL yet because after my husband paid rent and everything,he didn't have any funds left to lend over for me to pay for my CDL. Still have me the ok and said that I can get my hard copy once I get back to Memphis. Still getting that bad feeling through. So I started out everything in my bags when she called me and ask " Wait,did you say you still have you clp and not your actual CDL?" I than told her "No ma'am I never went to the DMV to get my CDL because I'm low on funds to pay for it." She than tells me I will not be able to attend because they do not train on clp,that I would actually have to get my CDL. I told her I will be heading to the DMV on Wednesday. She apologized and told me she got it mixed and her supervisor (completely forgot who told her the correction) told her that I have to pay a fee to get my paper copy. Told her it was completely fine and she has me scheduled for next Monday. Praying things won't change. But it's all good. Really want to know what type of luck I have a newbie.

My Carter Express Adventure

Thanks PJ,PackRat & Tortuga!!!! And yeah 9 times outta 10 the dinning area is gonna be closed. Thank goodness these a crackle o barrel just 3 (walking distance) minutes away from the hotel. And hopefully the class is smaller vs Roadmasters' 15 class size.