Comments By Bee-RAD

https://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad193/btherad1/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps828ec13a.jpg avatar
  • Bee-RAD
  • 6 years ago
  • Comments:

Starting orientation with Schneider National

Is anyone reading this? Shall I continue?

we will all be reading this for some time,thanks for your insights.I have just decided on schneider and really found this helpfuf.

i was terminated by " Werner enterprises"

To all thanks for sharing you talents , its best to learn from others experience then to actually learn from our own mistakes especially in the trucking field. Keep the faith and learn from whats been stated about this common error with new drivers.

I second that, and thanks to you,karim for sharing you story here. You are helping more than you may realize. As a new Truck Driver this is valuable info. Keep on Trucking.thank-you.gif

Another HOS question...

Pre-trip preparations....

At school, do they drill the pre trip in your head? Can I learn it in three weeks to get through my CDL test? I am normally a very confident person and this one are is making me fell not so confident. Suggestions? Comments.

one method I used with some success , Every time I had 30 mins or so I would get out a paper and pen and write down one identifying word of each piece or step in the same order each time from my memory. then check it against the correct list. I would place the ones I missed in the margin close to where it fit in the order then circle it several times to make it stand out.I would do this on a daily basis till it all fell into place in proper order. soon I had it done and could do it in my mind with no paper,I found this very helpful. I consider the Pre trip to be the most important thing you will learn for every day use in every Truck Driving job.I now even pre trip my cars before I drive. good luck at roehl .

Important to finish TT High Road training program.

The High Road Training Program is a very useful tool to accomplishing your CDL Class-A. Going into training armed with this experience is a foundation for success. With concepts of the material already in your head material is made comprehensive. I blazed through my training and achieved an over-endorsed(every endorsement ,needed or not) CDL. However,I neglected to finish the TT Training program. Next week I leave for orientation with my first job. I always read the truckers forum and while doing this I ran across a response Brett made to Rene about the importance of finishing this course. This reminded me to go and look into the last two chapters ,Log Book and Weight and Balance. I had no idea what I had missed .Now I can say I have finished of the program. I could have missed the opportunity to make myself more valuable to my company from the first day of orientation. Thank you truckingtruth.com and all the unselfish souls that contribute here. To all students like me that get detracted by the pace of learning a new trade.Follow through, you don't know what your missing, your future depends on it.

The Most Deadly States To Drive In

Http://www.carinsurancecomparison.com/the-10-most-dangerous-states-for-driving/ cross reference. Thanks anchorman. That's news we can use

From Truck Driver to Transport pilot.

I am a brand new Truck driver,just accomplished my CDL Class-A yesterday. Thank you truckingtruth.com.CDL Practice Test.So , I am thinking about the future of the trucking industry as a whole.I 'am interested in your thoughts on where we are going together. Please include your ideas with timelines.I found this in concept trucks on my-tube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMC4PlaR69w

Deciding on which company

I really cant believe what I just read.these questions about what company to go with are driving me up the wall.i have felt like a yo yo at times.I would like a company or a position(reefer,dry van,flat bed).while I'am in the struggle of final testing in training .Once again old school you have put it all into perspective.You will be remembered I am in awe.thank you sir.

"Destination Excellence" or Old School's training experiences at TMC

"A professional driver is no stranger to adversity, in fact, much of the time it's his constant companion. " You sir are a sage.I have read most of your post. I respect your boundless optimism ,we are lucky to have your inspirational story here.thanks.

8 hour berth rule....

Thanks ,old school that real life example is very useful. I am about to get my CDL .So I am trying not to confuse myself with anything else . Concentrating on my double clutching and the pre-trip. I need a 90 GPA to get the job I am hoping to get.your description of clock management skills gave me some useful visuals.Even if I Still don't fully understand at least I know it's possible and it is always here when I am more able to understand it.As a "Lurker" I just want to say, Thanks to you all. We are here and you are making a big difference in peoples lives.

Today I leave for orientation...

TMC is also on my short list. I will be getting my CDL this wednesday, weather permitting. i will be paying close attention to your post. good luck to you and I sure you will do well .this is a fine supporting program for anyone at all stages of the industry. i can not express my gratitude enough for all the people here at trucking truth .

Looking into drive away career

I would definitely get some regular OTR experience first as a company driver before jumping into something like that. If he was a company driver I would say give it a shot. But you absolutely do not want to own or lease a truck, nor do you want to be an independent operator of any sort right off the bat.

Get on with one of the major companies and get some experience first as a company driver and talk around for a year or so. Find out about all of the different opportunities that are out there and really investigate them. After you get a year or so of OTR experience a ton of opportunities will open up to you. Then you can make an informed decision about trying something new if you like.

That's what I needed to hear .In the mist and mire of all this new information. I also have to make the most important decision of where to dedicate the first year of my career. I am grateful for the Truck Driver's Career Guide and all the info in the forum. I have read a big part of them. They ,even the ones that might not have anything to do with my situation, contain answers to questions I may never have asked. thanks to you Brett and all the unselfish contributors to this site. I hope someday to repay the debt with some contributions and insights of my own .Thanks again, to all of you.

Looking into drive away career

I am currently in training in North Carolina. One of my instructors also works for a drive away company as an independent contractor. He likes driving the variety of new vehicles. He has a tow car that he takes with him a spends some nights sleeping in. he has been driving trucks since 1981,working drive away for only a few months. So my question here is do you think this is a safe suitable way for me to start my trucking career or should I get some real world experience with a large company my first year?

Posted:  6 years ago

Alliance trucking

I'm not entirely sure. I actually went to Alliance Tractor Trailer School back in '93. They're a chain of truck driving schools with locations in NC, GA, and VA - and possibly others. I'm not aware of any trucking companies named Alliance that have training programs so I would guess at this point that it's the same Alliance school I went to - which was a fantastic program and I'm sure still is.

I am starting Alliance Tractor Trailer training in Flecher NC at 730 in the morning.I have been studying the free course here for about 12 days.I feel very lucky to have found this site.When i talked to my recruiter about this site he said he didn't know of it.He will now ,I would not be prepared at all if it were not for truckingtruth.com. .I will be able to sleep tonight .after reading a couple of blogs on" a trainers viewpoint"

Posted:  6 years ago

A Week In The Life Of A Flatbed Driver

I hope this comes out right. I am new to this site and this thread on the week in the life of a flat bed driver is the first thing i have read .i plan to read all of them but i will not forget this one.I have been driving myself crazy with the free CDL training test here on truckertruth.com,so i took a break (after being halted twice in a row),I turned to this thread for some insight and perspective and i found more than i bargained for. my hats off to you Old School and thanks alot for your time.i have a mentor running oil equipment in Texas.he has told me I would like flat bed trucking because of my construction back ground and need for physical work.I'am starting training two days from now.they told me i will likely be a flat-bed driver. I'am fine with that in fact I'am looking forward to it.your thread has given me more than you know.i hope to see you out there some day.Brett thank you too,this site will be invaluable to many more I know you know that.i wish you both many happy miles.