Advanced Career Institute offers truck driving programs throughout the California Central Valley. Whether you want to drive a school bus, over-the-road, or in agriculture, they have a program that will get you there. They offer both day and nighttime classes, and each program will last six weeks.
- Professional Truck Driver Program - this program is ideal for individuals with no prior knowledge or experience in the truck driving industry. This course prepares students to take the written permit and behind-the-wheel exam in order to receive a Class A CDL with Endorsements. This course is available at all 4 campuses.
- Advanced Professional Truck Driver Program. The Advanced Professional Truck Driver training program provides the same training offered in the Professional Truck Driver program; however, students receive additional time to study for the written permit exam and fine tune their driving skills. This program is available at all 4 campuses.
- Ag Transportation Program - Students receive instruction on all aspects of truck driving, and will be introduced to the agriculture industry to learn how to properly transport agriculture products such as milk, equipment, produce, and other agriculture commodities..
- School Bus Driver- Students that complete this course will have the basic knowledge and practical skills necessary for employment as an entry-level bus driver with school districts, city motor coach companies, tour bus companies, casino transportation, farm labor transportation & limousine transportation service. Available at Fresno & Visalia campuses.
- Commercial Bus Driver - Students that complete this course will have the basic knowledge and practical skills necessary for employment as an entry-level bus driver with private and local government transit systems, city motor coach companies, tour bus companies, casino transportation, farm labor transportation and limousine transportation service. Available at Fresno & Visalia campuses.
- CDL Refresher Course -The 1, 2 & 3 Week Commercial Driver courses are specifically for students who already have a California CDL permit and current DOT medical card. Available at all 4 campuses
Tuition And Financing
- Each campus has a separate financial aid office. All 4 will accept loans, grants, the WIA grant or veterans assitance. Contact the individual campus office for more information.
Programs For Military Veterans
Advanced Career Institute is approved for participation in various funding programs offered through the Veterans Administration for active service members, reservists, veterans, dependents, and spouses under the following programs:
- Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB)
- Chapter 31 – Special Vocational Training (SVT)
- Chapter 35 – Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
- Chapter 1606 – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- Chapter 1607 – Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- DoD Tuition Assistance (TA) Program
- Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA)
- Must be at least 18 years of age. (The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) requires that all interstate drivers be at least 21 years of age. Applicants less than 21 years of age must provide a letter of intent to hire from a prospective employer.)
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must provide a driving record free of current serious violations
- Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical as required by Federal & State agencies
- Must be able to pass a drug screen when administered
- No felony convictions in the past five (5) years. All criminal records are subject to review and may be required to provide a letter of intent to hire from a prospective employer