Profile For Leo S.

Leo S.'s Info

NV

Rookie Solo Driver

1 year, 3 months ago

Leo S.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Leo S.'s Photo Gallery

Posted:  2 months ago

CFI

This was last week. This is not typical. I have a great relationship with my fleet manager and he knows he can count on me. I also don't complain. You must prove yourself in this industry.

I started my recaps during this trip. The following week, getting back home was 3326 miles on recaps. Got home today.

0018324001658699136.jpg

That was a nice week, what’s your home time policy? Is it standard 3 weeks out 3 days home?

Posted:  2 months ago

CFI

Who is your recruiter? We have a terminal in CA and a few drop yards. I just ran from NC to CA and CA to GA.

Oh wow, these are awesome trips! My recruiter is Josie Sanchez

Your recruiter came from Transport America. They didn't run the lower 48 and they have different camera systems.

Well I’m ok with a camera as long as they run all 48. Do you know if there is still a 10K sign-on bonus? What speed are your trucks set at?

Posted:  2 months ago

CFI

Oh wow, these are awesome trips! My recruiter is Josie Sanchez

Posted:  2 months ago

CFI

Driver facing cams have power to them but not set to record. It was a package deal. They will use the driver facing cam as an option instead of firing someone who messes up bad. You will know ahead of time.

I do not believe they will require a sleep study. Your DOT examiner should have handled that if needed.

I jump on here whenever I have a few.

Good luck. We have plenty of people to help you in your journey with us.

Welcome to the family.

Thank you Scott! So my recruiter said there is only a road facing camera inside and she also asked me to send her my long-form physical which I already did. It was done here in Roehl just a month ago and it is good for two years. I also found a post of yours where a few years ago you were saying you’ve been in so many states with CFI, do they still run all 48?? Well, 47, actually, cause that same recruiter said you guys don’t go to California, but I’m totally fine with that

Posted:  2 months ago

CFI

If your BMI is over a certain limit, you will no doubt be required to do a sleep study.

Well, neither WE, nor Roehl made me do it.

Posted:  2 months ago

CFI

So I see that CFI has very good reviews and rating and I’ve also heard that they run all 48 and don’t put inward facing cameras in their trucks. Can somebody confirm this? They just scheduled me for the orientation. How many miles can I expect there doing dry van solo? Are they sending obese people for the sleep study?

Leo;

Wish you well in your ventures! Ask to speak to Susie, re: the CPAP and otherwise. She's kinda a 'higher up' but if she'll take your call, you'll get info!

Good luck again;

~ Anne ~

Thank you Anne!

Posted:  2 months ago

CFI

You didn't ask your recruiter these questions before accepting a date to begin orientation?

I don’t trust recruiters anymore, they’re all liars

Posted:  2 months ago

CFI

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Question to Roehl drivers/trainers

What division are you in?? A friend of mine ran curtainside for years and spent more time on the west coast than anywhere else. They have a flatbed terminal in Fontana Ca.

I’m a Dry Van National, what division or fleet should I move in to so I can do west coast more?? 🤔

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Question to Roehl drivers/trainers

Alright people, thank y’all for your help first. Here’s some news/replies to your posts:

1. I no longer drive around Chicagoland.

2. I no longer feel I need to give Roehl a 1-star review on Google (Western Express got 4 stars from me just in case you’re wondering).

3. Western Express dry van solo drivers do not go west of Mississippi River anymore. The only way to do all 48 in Western Express now is either to be a trainer, or a flatbed driver.

4. I’m still mad Roehl recruiter Nicole lied to me about driving in all 48. You DO NOT instruct your recruiters to lie to applicants about where you drive!! I would probably not even apply if I knew they basically do the same area as Western Express does. It was one of the main reasons I left Western Express! I recently got a new FM because my previous one was fired. So we talked a bit and she told me they mostly do Midwest and Northeast, but I will get trips to TX, FL and other Southern states occasionally.

5. I mark the states I drive in with Roehl on the blank U.S. map. So far my map doesn’t look good at all. But let’s get back to it in a few weeks and see.

6. I don’t remember I signed any paperwork where I would agree with the camera facing inward in my truck. They say I can request to remove it in a few months, but I already hate it. I don’t feel comfortable at all being watched 24/7 while driving, singing, scratching, picking my nose, eating, drinking etc.

7. Anyway.. I suggest renaming this thread to just ‘Roehl’ so other people can get some useful information from it. Because there are some pros, too! Like good (one of the best actually) hometime, and very nice customers. No trashy companies for p/u or delivery. Very responsive and helpful dispatchers.

I will keep this thread updated.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Question to Roehl drivers/trainers

Is this a good company at all? Because my first impression is not.

You literally just started, so what do you base this on? What are your first hand observations?

Well, my first impression in Western Express was much better. They got me a brand new truck with no camera facing inside, good modern tablet and I have never had a trip shorter than 250 miles there.

Here in Roehl we’re starting with a lie about running all 48 states from a recruiter. Western doesn’t go west of Mississippi River but at least they were honest with me about it upfront. And remember the MAIN reason I left Western was because I wanted to do all 48. So Roehl got me a truck with 100K miles on it in a TERRIBLE condition. Now I have to waste my time to get it fixed. There is also a camera watching me despite that I’m not a student, not just out of school and have a completely clean record. Instead of a tablet I got a computer I’ve last seen probably around 25 years ago. Now check this out. My FM asked me in the very beginning what states I don’t want to be in. I only named Pennsylvania. Guess where they sent me right after making me do local 30 mile trips around Chicago...? Yeah, right. But like I said, it’s just the first impression. We’ll see.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Question to Roehl drivers/trainers

Is this a good company at all? Because my first impression is not.

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Question to Roehl drivers/trainers

Hi guys, I finally got my 1 year of experience and started doing OTR with Roehl just a few days ago. I'm in a National Fleet and I’m supposed to do all 48 and I told my Fleet Manager I wanna do all 48 and I can stay out for a long time. But so far I drive around around Chicago every day having 3-4 stops a day and no miles at all. Is it what I’m supposed to do for a few days/weeks as a new driver or did they accidentally put me in a Midwest Regional Fleet? I’m just wondering what’s going on because my Fleet Manager will only be available on Tuesday. Thanks

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago

Volvo hood mirrors adjustment

Nope, it’s actually almost all the way up! I’m 5-8 and I know I can see the whole mirror in other Volvo trucks, but not in this one. And that’s kinda weird.

Is your seat all the way down to the floor? It may be the reason. I am 5-11, the seat is somewhere on the middle, and I can easily see the whole mirror.

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago

Volvo hood mirrors adjustment

Hi everyone. Since they got me this truck I’ve always been wondering why the passenger side hood mirror is not fully visible without any signs of improper installation or damage. This is what I see from driver’s seat. What’s wrong with it?

0689880001633815482.jpg

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

A couple of questions from a newbie

When your time runs low, you gotta go. Talk to shipping, they should understand you'll be back tomorrow.

Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted to know.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

A couple of questions from a newbie

This is a joke, right?

Start naming company names, yours and pickup

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

A couple of questions from a newbie

Ok so I told him I’m not gonna do any stupid stuff anymore cause I don’t wanna lose my license or go to jail, so far all the checks are paid in full and on time so we’ll see. But here is one more question I have. Let’s say you’re delivering and picking up on the same shift, so you’re empty and you just arrived for your pickup but unfortunately you only have 3 hours available on the clock. Well after 2 and a half hours nothing seems to happen, you’re walking in, and they’re telling you they’re extremely lazy ooops busy and it’s gonna be a few more hours. But you only have around 20 mins available on your ELD. What would you do? Leave and come back next day?

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

A couple of questions from a newbie

Well making a long story short, I used to be an expediter for around a year, it was a Ford Transit cargo van and so I ended up being in all 48 cont. states even BEFORE going to a trucking school. I didn’t have any issues with backing or driving in that school, the only difficult thing I faced there was a Pre Trip, since I was not familiar with all those parts at all. I passed the road test with my second attempt just like the written one.

I'm still a little confused about your training to get your CDL. That could be a snag that keeps you from getting hired. You do have three months experience now, and I am pretty sure someone can hire you based on that. Put out those applications and keep us informed on who is willing to give you a shot. We will do our best to help you.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

A couple of questions from a newbie

Oh and just in case you’re wondering, ALL my loads are forced. There is no way I can decline any of them. I’m just really curious right now, how different it is in the companies you guys work for. That ridiculous clown I work for says it’s totally the same everywhere. Is it? Do you guys turn off your ELDs and work 4-5 hours over those 14 available??