Profile For Scott M.

Scott M.'s Info

2 months, 3 weeks ago

Scott M.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Learning the Skateboard Life

So I've posted in here a couple of times as I started schooling and passed my test. I have been with my company for 3 weeks now dragging around a Conestoga flatbed with a Fast Track system. I must say... I love my new job and career choice. It hasn't been easy as there is a very steep learning curve with not only learning how to drive in a various situations and driving conditions as well as leaning securement and paperwork. It has been frustrating at times and rewarding all the time. I should have done this a long time ago but I probably wasn't ready anyway. Thank you to everyone at Trucking Truth for the support and encouragement. This place is a wealth of information that I come to quite frequently. Stay safe out there and God Bless.

Posted:  1 month, 4 weeks ago

Its Official!!!

Congratulations! So happy for you. Best of luck with your new job on Monday!

dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif dancing-banana.gif

Thank you very much. My driver trainer picks me up tomorrow for the first week on the road.

Posted:  1 month, 4 weeks ago

Its Official!!!

Congratulations to you!

Thank you. I'm very excited.

Posted:  1 month, 4 weeks ago

Its Official!!!

Congratulations!

Thank you!!!

Posted:  1 month, 4 weeks ago

Its Official!!!

Very happy for you! Keep those safe successes coming.

Thank you!! Hard work pays off for sure.

Posted:  1 month, 4 weeks ago

Its Official!!!

Congratulations Sir! Here they are - you deserve them!

Thank you very much!!!

Posted:  2 months ago

Its Official!!!

Well I passed my CDL test today. After all the stress and worry I didn't have any major issues. I'm sooo excited about this new chapter of my life. Start my new job this coming Monday. Thank you again to all who given me positive feedback and support. God Bless you all!!! Please be safe out there.

Posted:  2 months ago

Training Complete... Test Tuesday

Good luck, Scott. I feel your pain because I'm facing a backing test next week. When you pass the test, and I'm hoping you will, you will have a great feeling of accomplishment.

Good luck with the backing test. I'm getting more relaxed. Practiced for a few hours today at school. Let me know how it goes and thank you for your encouragement.

Posted:  2 months ago

Training Complete... Test Tuesday

Good luck, Scott. You'll be fine, don't let your nerves get away from you. Easy peasy .

good-luck.gif

Thank you!!! Gonna practice all day today.

Posted:  2 months ago

Training Complete... Test Tuesday

Best of luck to you, Scott. I’m sure you’ll do just fine Tuesday. Don’t worry too much about that 90° back. Whatever the max number of pull ups and G.O.A.L.s you’re allowed, don’t be afraid to use all of them. Look forward to your next post celebrating your new CDL!

Thank you for the positive encouragement. Spending all day today practicing before the test.

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Fresh CDL-A Graduate

Congratulations! Just finished training and taking CDL test Tuesday. Good luck and God Bless

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Training Complete... Test Tuesday

So I successfully completed my 160hrs of training and take my CDL test Tuesday. Looking forward to the last step but I am very nervous about the skills test. Only thing that seems to be giving me an issue is 90 degree ally dock. I only have to do 3 skills and they are randomly selected so not even sure I will get it. If I can pass the test I will start Oct 4th with Valley Transportation. I visited there terminal and spoke with a few people and I am impressed with what they offer rookie drivers. Very excited about my new career and the opportunities that lie ahead. Thank you for all the great information on this site. Hopefully be on the road soon. God Bless and stay safe out there.

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Another Rookie Jumping in Head First

Welcome to Trucking Truth!!

There are a fair amount of us Veterans here on the site. The guys will be along later and will give you some info. I just got home with 14 minutes left on my 70 hrs and I deliver 1.5 miles from the house when my 10 hrs are up....so I'm hitting the sack.

Have you thought about what kind of freight you want to haul?

Laura

Thank you Laura for your reply. Get some rest.

I would like to OTR doing either Dry Van or Flatbed. I am aware of the work involved with Flat Bed and think that would be a good idea so I can stay active and in somewhat good condition. Just not really sure about the percentage pay. Talked with a Recruiter from Valley Transportation yesterday and I plan to go check out their facilities and equipment soon. I'm also reaching out to a couple of their drivers. They are very Veteran friendly have alot of Vets that drive for them.

Howdy, Scott!

Just want to chime in; my late ex husband drove for Valley Transportation here in Ashland, Ohio. They were more than fair to him, excellent company IMHO. Top notch equipment & facility; low turnover. Home time was great, as well.

My 'new/now' husband of 20 years drives for FAB Express here in Ohio, as does Don ... on this site, as well. Go, Buckeyes!

Best wishes!

~ Anne ~

Thank you Anne...

I appreciate the information. The recruiter i spoke with drive almost three hours to our school to speak with us which really impressed me. Most recruiters I have spoken with over the phone were not nearly as Informative or willing to answer questions. It seems to be a very good company to drive for and the more I research the better it sounds. I am very sorry to hear of your late husband but I am glad you found someone to share your life with. I plan to come up and visit Ashland and the Valley terminal in the near future. Thank you again for your comment.

God Bless and Go Buckeyes!!

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Another Rookie Jumping in Head First

Welcome to Trucking Truth!!

Have you thought about what kind of freight you want to haul?

Laura

Thank you Laura for your reply. Get some rest.

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Another Rookie Jumping in Head First

I love this forum and all thats attached. Been browsing the topics and learning alot. I'm a Disabled Veteran and looking forward to starting this new chapter in my life. I would like to thank everyone that has posted and contributed such valuable information. I'll finish my CDL Training the third week of September and looking at Companies in or near Ohio. I'm not paying much attention to all the whiners but would love any advice or info from other Veterans. (May be a rookie but I have been surrounded by truck drivers my e tire life so I'm not totally ignorant of the industry) Thank you again and please stay safe. God Bless