Profile For Taylor T.

Taylor T.'s Info

Volusia County, FL

Rookie Solo Driver

1 year ago

Taylor T.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Taylor T.'s Photo Gallery

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Sleeper setup???

Second reply for me as well haha. But yeah the under cabinet mount might work. I'll look into it more. Just concerned about fitting with the microwave. I definitely want the PlayStation to breathe. I had a little 12v fan on it before but it died after only about 8 days of use. And because I'm OTR I couldn't get home to get receipt to return to Walmart for replacement. Currently saving up my pilot flying j points to get a new one.

Agh, alright I’m triple posting. I overlooked your comment on the PlayStation. Yeah, it’s annoying as heck. I do that with the fan and such. I had an Xbox and I have no tv mount so you can imagine. I didn’t care for gaming, just wanted to replay a 10 year old game.

This thought popped in my mind. Ever seen under cabinet mounts? Used to put radios or security DVRs in them.

Like this https://www.wayfair.com/kitchen-tabletop/pdp/yamazaki-home-plate-under-shelf-basket-w003042859.html?piid=

Something like that where it hooks up in the cabinet and also secure your PlayStation. The microwave will help hold it to. Probably easier to build you one. I thought that nightstand idea to but there’s no room for that

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Sleeper setup???

0194246001654722790.jpg

0446949001654722821.jpg

0612708001654722875.jpg

You guys weren't wrong in that I wouldn't be back for a while. I don't get notifications from Trucking Truth, even on the website so I have to manually search all my forums. Pain in the rear.

Anyways I've got kind of a decent setup. I have a 4.3 cu ft fridge with separate freezer and it is amazing. I fit everything I need and more in there. Leaves just enough room for the PlayStation to sit on top and get some fresh air.

I also still do not use the top bunk for storage. I have a curtain that I drape for when I'm sleeping. I use this because my divider curtains are almost impossible to pull out because the fridge is so big I had to run a ratchet strap to the seat mounts which blocks off the curtain.

My truck is nowhere near as clean as yours as I'm not only lazy but it's an older truck and I'm getting the 2023 model Saturday. Not looking forward to moving all this stuff out.

Also as I'm sure you see the tv is mounted to the window. So basically it's an Onn brand (Walmart) 24-32" tv mount. This is a 32" tv I put on it. I had the tv and mount already at my house that we barely used so I already had it. Take the top two screws out of the window and use those to hold the mount. P.s. I'll add photo with tv off to understand better. The tv blocks the light from coming in where the curtain must stay down by the way.

0842678001654723082.jpg

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Opti-idle and regen

Over 4 years later, I'm sitting in a 2020 Cascadia, and still finding myself referring back to this post. I get the truck has to regen sometimes, but every damn time it starts the last 5 times for about half hour each? Really? Good thing my company is giving me a new one Saturday. Hopefully that solves my problem. I think something wrong with the DPF.

Posted:  6 months, 4 weeks ago

The “Knock on the door”

Y'all got me feeling blessed over here. I have yet to have a knock for any reason whatsoever. OTR driver just for clarification. No dock worker, lizards, or dot.

I had to park on an on ramp just outside Atlanta one time. Thankful I woke up without any incidents from that one.

Posted:  6 months, 4 weeks ago

Have an opinion? I know.. the dang FMCSA again.... but ?!?

I commented. Last thing is drivers need is more damn regulations. The damn four wheelers are causing most of the accidents on the roads, but let's punish the truck drivers.

If they impose speed limiters, I am 100% going to be that guy they gets next to the truck in the other lane and rides next to him/her for 100 miles. Sorry not sorry. If we all do it it won't take long for the government to change their minds about this dumb idea.

Sorry not sorry.

Posted:  6 months, 4 weeks ago

Sleeper setup???

Sorry I know this is a hell of a delay on the reply, but yes I have a high roof sleeper. I planned on using the top bunk for storage originally; however, I've come to find I don't need it because I don't have that much stuff. Maybe as time goes on I'll aquire more and end up using it. Also a better term for what I was looking to build or buy would be a night stand. I have my PlayStation and I'm currently having to move it from on top of the fridge to the bed every time I get up or go to sleep.

Do you have a condo sleeper....two bunks? I use the upper bunk area for lots of storage in all the trucks I've driven OTR.

Posted:  7 months, 2 weeks ago

Sleeper setup???

I am building like a box to go around it basically. Think of it like how a dishwasher is under the counter top. Basically building something like that, but maybe adding a drawer between the top of the fridge and the counter top. Probably going to be getting a smaller fridge, but if not then I'll just do it without the drawer.

Where will the fridge go if you put shelves or storage there?

Posted:  7 months, 2 weeks ago

Sleeper setup???

Hello everyone. Been a while since I posted here but I'm hoping some more experienced long term drivers can help me out here.

I have a 2020 Cascadia next gen (profile picture) and behind the passenger seat there is that little flat pad for a fridge. Okay cool, what I want to know is how do you guys or girls better equip that area? I'm finding that I don't have much "counter" space and was considering building a shelving unit the fridge could slide into?

Any suggestions would be a great help, and though I can build stuff because I'm coming out of residential remodeling to do this job, I'd rather buy something if at all possible.

On another note, I do have a tray table that I use when making my food but having to always put everything away at the end is a pain.

Basically what I'm asking is do any of you have a counter style setup above the fridge, and if so, how?

Thanks everybody!

Posted:  11 months, 3 weeks ago

Am I disqualified from CDL?

Thanks for the idea. I don't know why I didn't think of them. I follow Alex the trucker guy on YouTube and I know he loves CFI.

Try CFI. They judge everyone on a case by case basis. I would call a recruiter before applying. Good luck. We have freight into and out of Florida.

Posted:  11 months, 3 weeks ago

Am I disqualified from CDL?

I did not use the vehicle for business purposes nor was it a commercial vehicle. So hopefully that will help me?

Florida's CDL manual says

Leaving the scene of an accident involving a CMV

To be clear that doesn't necessarily mean a CDL. It means a vehicle used for business purposes.

I got original charge in May of 2015

How old is that conviction?

Posted:  11 months, 4 weeks ago

Am I disqualified from CDL?

Okay. I was only asking because I saw in another section for Florida that sometimes it will disqualify a person for a period of 10 years

No it does not, but it may limit who's willing to hire you. Apply for company sponsored training and see who's willing to give you a shot. It would suck to shell out thousands of dollars and go through all the training just to get shut out.

Posted:  11 months, 4 weeks ago

Am I disqualified from CDL?

I was reading into the disqualification forums. I'm a little confused on disqualifications regarding CDLs. I have a felony for leaving scene of accident with injury, but it was NOT in a commercial vehicle or while I was a CDL holder. I'm still not for the record. But in Florida, does this disqualify me for a set amount of time, at all, or forever? Thanks in advance.

0365080001638809186.jpg

Posted:  12 months ago

CDL with bad driving record...

I'm in the same boat with tickets and multiple suspensions, however I've never gotten a wreckless charge for anything. All mine were point suspensions, and failure to maintain sr-22 insurance as a result. Again this was all around the 2015-16 time frame and I've held a clean record since. So I guess I just got to keep my head up and keep applying around.

While I didn't have that many tickets in recent, I've had a lot, and some whoppers, including multiple suspensions, a revocation, eluding, and several wreckless due to speeding. Most had long since dropped off but took considerable effort and money to get removed from my record.

I was turned down by a ton of companies before I got hired and was actually rejected by this one at first. Mostly what they concentrated on was speeding that was 15 mph over. It's classified as a wreckless for insurance purposes and they looked intermittently within the last 3 years or 5 years depending on the company.

Posted:  12 months ago

CDL with bad driving record...

Thanks! I appreciate any help and advice I can get. That's why I joined this page. I'll be sure to do that when I get some free time.

Being a Florida resident will have some companies pass on you. The further south you live will limit you even more. I believe usually I-4 is where many companies stop hiring.

As far as your tickets it appears most of them are over 5 years so that's going to work in your favor. The suspension is what I'd be most concerned about. Use this link to Apply For Paid CDL Training. Answer ONLY what they ask, in the timeframe they ask. If they ask about tickets within the last 3 years don't disclose one you received 4 years ago, for example.

Couple other companies worth checking out not included in that link is C.R England, Swift, Werner, CFI, and Maverick.

Posted:  12 months ago

CDL with bad driving record...

I have already applied there and they denied me. Didn't tell me why though. Have to contact their HR to find out. Have a buddy who knows Allen quite well. Was hoping that could help me. Thanks though.

Howdy, Taylor T !

I'm from Manatee County, Florida myself.

Cypress (in Jax) now trains, as well.

Here's that: Cypress Truck Lines Florida

Best wishes!

~ Anne ~

Posted:  1 year ago

CDL with bad driving record...

Does anybody here know if I can be hired onto any companies? I'm out of Florida and have around 15-16 tickets that I got back in 2014 and 2015 (was a lot less mindful about my carelessness). They are a mix of seatbelt violations, speeding (nothing reckless), careless driving usually accompanied by an at fault accident. I have only had one accident that had injuries. I was in a motorcycle accident in late 2017 that was NOT my fault though, and after that I've done my best to maintain a clean record. I have been successful in that too. For more info, I had my license suspended for excessive points but have since gotten it back and maintained a clean record, insurance, etc.