Profile For Moot Account

Moot Account 's Info

Tatooine, NM

Considering A Career

4 months ago

Moot Account 's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Moot Account 's Photo Gallery

DOT Drug tests and psilocybin

Yea lol no kidding man. Thanks

Dude, I have done more than my share of shrooms. Not even sure how shrooms are even tested via hair follicle. Why even bring it to tt forum? Moot subject! Not for trucking!

DOT Drug tests and psilocybin

Dude, I stated that saying that was a joke. Im not hiding. This is an online forum, the "asking for a friend" thing is an internet joke. And the capitals and lowercases clearly were intentional I was trying to be funny... I understand that you're older and Im not at all trying to be rude, please understand that. So I do understand why you didn't understand that reference.

If I was hiding I would have never created this thread to begin with.

Anyways, no hard feeling or anything from my end. Thank you for your engagement.

Respect.

No, my sight and content comprehension is quite clear. Your hiding behind the friend is BS, and approaching this topic in a backhanded way set the tone for how we responded. So please spare me the lecture… move on.

You must have selective sight. I apologize.

Once again, Im clean, and have stated that Im not going to change that so Im not sure why you're suggesting I test the system. You can choose to form your opinion based on everything except my well articulated responses if you choose, that's not in my control. Thanks for your time.

Mike wrote:

The responses you guys offered were ridiculous. To assume that someone is asking this question so that they can drive a CMV while tripping is about as immature as it gets.

You sir are in a finite minority. Ridiculous and immature? No one suggested or assumed you inquired about driving while high… or “tripping” to use your words.

…you asked because “of a friend”? Which is clearly misleading. Here’s the deal “friend”:

Recreational use of any mind altering substance cannot safely coexist in a truck drivers life. Period! If you don’t believe me, suggest that it’s safe to casually partake in a conversation with your future employer.

Test the system… party on a Saturday night into Sunday morning, and then get popped with a random on the following Monday morning. It might be undetectable,… or it might not. Do you really know?

Taking a chance, suggesting that mixing the two lifestyles; is far more ridiculous and immature than anything we posted as replies. Pass that onto your “friend”… imaginary or real.

Good luck

DOT Drug tests and psilocybin

Also, I didn't mean to post that picture on my page I thought it would load into the thread as I attached it to what I thought was the new threat I was creating. Being that you are a moderator would you know how I can edit my profile and remove that picture. Thats the last thing that I wanted to do.

You must have selective sight. I apologize.

Mike wrote:

Good luck

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

DOT Drug Testing: Urinalysis or Hair Follicle?

I agree, clean status is the only thing that matters

Bumping my reply.

Most of what you wrote doesn’t matter to a prospective employer…

Except that you’re clean. That’s all that matters. If you are, that’s great. If you can stay clean that’s also great… and absolutely necessary. The majority of companies have zero tolerance for anything, including alcohol.

So… when you come onto this forum prefacing a drug related question as asking for a friend, specifically about mushrooms, our skepticism becomes elevated.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

DOT Drug Testing: Urinalysis or Hair Follicle?

Thank you for the information. I did in fact take this course of action before asking, but found no information on the topic I was wondering about. It makes sense that some would react this way due to trolls before my time on the forum and I do understand that.

There are scientific and medical organizations making efforts to legalize MDMA therapy methods for things like depression, PTSD and what not using psychedelics (don't quote me, Im not an expert at explaining it). So these things might be used in the future for certain treatments and I would be open to those things when they become more available, as long as it wouldn't impact my career, which comes first.

Thank you for your response.

Im clean, but thanks to everyone for their heartwarming and inspiring responses to my questions though... I don't use any substances, and I don't even drink anymore. I ask these questions so that I am informed... I don't shy away from asking anything. Opinions of others is nothing I ever concern myself with. the "asking for a friend" was a joke and reference to pop culture hence the stupid format, sorry to see it went over your head Ill try and be more literal next time for you. I just had curiosities as to what the tests find. Thats all. Way to judge the book though.

As for the picture I posted. It was my second time posting, and it was my impression that the picture would be loaded on the actual thread I was creating..... I did not know it would go to my profile and I can't find a way to remove it.

To use this forum more efficiently, go to the white bar with the word "Search" in it and type up whatever it is you want to look up. Then go down past the area to sign up for training and you will see all the posts that talk about what it is you're wanting to know. I typed in DOT Drug Testing and there are many, many posts in this forum that deal with DOT Drug Testing. Then, if you don't find what you are specifically looking for, you can ask a very specific question. You will learn more than what you even want to know going this route and you will find different info from people that were here a long time ago but not here currently. We do have people that have done drugs and they have knowledge that those of us that have never done drugs have. I've never done ANY drugs or smoked cigarettes even though I was a teenager in the 60s during the flower power age.

There was a troll here that went by the name of Todd. He asked the most asinine questions he could think of...some didn't apply to trucking even. So you will have to realize that when someone such as yourself wants just knowledge, for the sake of knowing just because, we tend to look at them skeptically. Most people have too much to do to worry about things that wouldn't apply to them. Since I've never done drugs, I don't choose to waste my time studying about them.

Laura

DOT Drug tests and psilocybin

You must have selective sight. I apologize.

Mike wrote:

Good luck

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

DOT Drug Testing: Urinalysis or Hair Follicle?

Yes, I am. Doesn't mean Im currently on anything or looking to take anything. I suppose I could have explained better my reasons for asking. However, the last thing I expected was for a bunch of truckers to jump down my throat. I figured Id be met with information and a good dialogue.

Shrooms aren't at all like many other substances. They are used for many purposes such as overcoming addictions, battling PTSD and depression, and self discovery/ego death. Individuals who have no experience with them always jump to their conclusions and think they are talking to an addict of sorts (again for the people in the back.... Im clean and committed to my career). There are in fact people that understand these things and educate themselves on the medicinal and therapeutic uses, but I suppose that this is not the demographic of people that would necessarily be open to this type of conversation.

Believe me, I got the message.

Again thanks for the welcome, Im really starting to feel like a part of the forum. wtf-2.gif

Interesting.

Aren’t you the same guy inquiring about Psilocybin? Yah know… the key chemical found in mushrooms?

Rather specific, don’t yah think? Not exactly a common need to know question.

Another Driver With A New Gig

Sounds great man!

Im starting my career trying out car hauling. I spent some time talking to car haulers that dropped off vehicles at my previous work place and they all love it.

Everyone that's responded to my posts here advises against it, but Im going to try it out. They train you and then start you off with a 4 car hauler instead of one of the big boys. I think its gonna be a great experience, whether I decide to stay or not. But Im still doing research and looking for options incase it doesn't work out. This was a good read.

Thanks man.

DOT Drug tests and psilocybin

I appreciate your attitude in response to my question. I am clean and intend on staying that way. Im more so just curious about what the answer is. I don't partake in anything more than coffee and the occasional glass of wine with my pasta.

Again, I tip my hat to you for not coming into this threat on a high horse. Thank you

Are you asking in order to make sure you can pass your pre-hire drug screen? Or...Do you plan on continuing to partake if/when you become a professional driver? If so I hope you are responsible enough to never drive while under the influence of any substance that impairs your senses. That should be common sense. Although plenty of people lack that.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

DOT Drug Testing: Urinalysis or Hair Follicle?

For a friend? C’mon… you are addressing a forum of top performing and experienced drivers.

…it’s been said many, many times… drug usage, no matter how casual or infrequent cannot coexist with a trucking career. Flunk one preemployment drug screen and you are basically screwed.

Roll the dice if you choose… feeling’ lucky? Good luck.

Well thats insane. 9 months later?!?! Damn... I feel like you would have to be extremely unhealthy for your body not to be able to process that within so much time. But Im not a doctor... just trying to make sense of it.

I dont know where you guys are getting this info about year long detection... Im not saying youre wrong, but everything Ive seen online states that most substances are only detectable in your hair for 90 days and thats on multiple sites including gov/med sites as well

Only thing that Ive seen that can go that far back (2-5 years) is a spinal tap which supposedly can trace back your entirely life...

If you guys could share some resources stating that it is in fact years please share it.

We get our information from people that have done marijuana and get caught after doing a home test 9 months to a year later, when a company sends them off to have a hair follicle test done. It depends on a person's body fat, how often they used and how strong the weed is.

It's just not worth taking chances on if it's in your system or not. If it is you are pretty much in the driving world even if you go through the sap program. Companies don't want to take on somebody who has done drugs of any kind even marijuana.

DOT Drug tests and psilocybin

Jeez LMAO. Clearly none of you have every taken shrooms...

First off Im clean as a whistle, not a thing in my **** or hair but **** and hair.

Second off..... No-one who has done or ever does shrooms would EVER drive their personal vehicle while on shrooms LET ALONE DRIVE A CMV... shrooms is something one would do in a safe space where they can meditate and do inward work. Unless of course one just wants to trip balls with friends.

Third... Shrooms and other psychedelics are very known to have some amazing benefits for those who use them responsibly. DO the research if you would light to not be ignorant.

Thanks for nothing

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

DOT Drug Testing: Urinalysis or Hair Follicle?

DOT Drug tests and psilocybin

ASKinG For a FrIeNd!?!?!?

Does anyone have any idea if these drug tests test for psilocybin or even pick it up???

psilocybin is the active ingredient in shrooms...

would love to get some solid info on this.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

DOT Drug Testing: Urinalysis or Hair Follicle?

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Any car haulers with advice? Would like your words of wisdom!

So Im in CDL school right now... I was working for a car dealer in logistics and we were constantly recieving our new vehicles from haulers, whether a big company or hot shot drivers and I spent about 6 months picking their brains about what they do. I managed to develop a relationship with a few of them and they all work for the same company, whom I wont name because it seems noone else does it.

They all tell me that they absolutely love car hauling. They all told me its hard work, and that its not for everyone... but not to shy away from it if it interests me. They all tell me they make REALLY GOOD money on a regular basis and they are home every night for dinner with their families. Even being regional, Ive been shown pay statements making 2000 on the low end and as high as 3500 on the extreme high.... and thats PER WEEK. One of the drivers told me this. "Im 35, I make $160k a year car hauling and Im home daily with my family. I have a 500k home, and brand new truck, and I take 3 vacations a year with my family. I wouldnt trade this for anything." These companies pay well per mile, but they also offer pay for every vehicle you unload, and they give bonuses as well!

Im lined up to start with this company out of school because they hire new drivers. I was made aware that new drivers are given a smaller truck and dont make as much money at first. However, the people they've referred in the past have made 70/80k their first years because they take longer to load and unload as they are still learning. Thats still great money first year considering youre home every day 95% of the time.

Ill update you guys once I have my own experience, but as of now everyones stories add up and all match. Those drivers do say this... "Some drivers make 50k a year, some make 200k a year. Its all about how well of a system you create for yourself and how much hustle you got. Sometimes your dispatcher is connected to your success or lack there of as well. You wanna be lazy and go home after making $150 a day? Go ahead, they wont bother you but you wont make real money... but if you wake up early and put in the work to figure this out you can make a really great living while still being a dad and partner for your family." So Im in... whats the worst that can happen?

There are 2 kind of fear... the kind that protects you and the kind that holds you back.

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

NH won’t even let me test for my permit?!?!

***SITUATION UPDATE***

So I ruffled enough feathers in NH and finally last week they called me back and said that I could in fact test, as long as I can provide proof that the suspension was not related to a moving violation!!!

I ordered an official copy of my driving record and guess what…. The suspension isn’t even on my record.

I’m not going to question it, if the government issues doc states it isn’t there than it’s not there!

My best guess is that Florida suspends your license as to make you reinsure the vehicle but doesn’t stick it on your record. Either way… I test tomorrow morning! Thanks everyone who commented and offered their insight.

Posted:  4 months ago

NH won’t even let me test for my permit?!?!

Im considering this as well. Right now Im figuring out of it will just be easier to change my residency to MA and go through a different state. MA asks if youre license is suspended etc. AT THIS TIME. And that answer is no so I don't think there will be any problems. Before I go transferring everything Im doing research and visiting DMVs to have questions answered. If it isn't the case then I might go this route as well. It just doesn't make sense to me that this type of suspension would disqualify me. That would mean that someone who's late $1 dollar on child support and gets their license suspended wouldn't qualify to apply for their CDL either and that's just insane.

All in all I do believe there is a way around this and Ill be past it soon God willing. I appreciate everyones responses.

I had a suspension in/from California on my California license due to medications causing seizures back in around 2013. Meds were changed and I didn't think anything of it. Apparently CA is a "Doctor is mandated to report seizures" type state.

Fast forward to 2014 and I'd moved back to NC and found out only when I went to change my CA license to NC. Tried to resolve over the phone and it seemed a bit of a hassle. I ended up contacting an attorney which then had me go to a general practitioner and a neurologist and both gave me a clean bill of health to include testing for epilepsy. They forwarded that CA DMV and did whatever else they did and got it resolved in maybe 2 months. Most of that 2 months was waiting for a neuro appointment so yours could be quicker.

Not sure what timeframe or budget you're looking at to resolve it but I went with an attorney to handle the legwork.

I actually had to dig up the documents as well as get a new "all clear" from a GP, above and beyond my med card, for a couple of prospective employers. Regardless of how you resolve it keep copies of any paperwork in case it's requested.

First of all, I think you can find a way to get this straightened out. No fun dealing with the government and can be extremely frustrating. Keep making those phone calls until you get someone with a brain to help you. (That might take a number of years, but don’t give up. Lol)

Second, how did you not know you needed insurance? That is motor vehicle 101. If you weren’t driving it you needed to inform your DMV and find out how to avoid the liability insurance requirement that I believe is nation wide. Well, live and learn.

Anyway, I’m confident you will solve this problem and move on to greater problems.

Posted:  4 months ago

NH won’t even let me test for my permit?!?!

Tell me about it! How do you think I felt when I found this out lol. In NH you can have a registered vehicle without insurance if its off the road I believe, and being that Florida is well.... Florida I assumed the same there but that's the last time I assume anything.

But yes, I spent the whole day Friday calling the DMV speaking to supervisors and called every department in the the Department of Safety and ended up talking to a Staff Sergeant that opened up the law books with me on the phone. Nothing in the verbiage elaborates on whether suspensions related or not related to moving violations make a difference and from my perspective it seems like a grey area when it comes to this type of suspension.

In conclusion, I was given the Director if the NH DMVs address and will be petitioning him to help me resolve this situation by potentially waiving this requirement. Hopefully he's feeling helpful. Ive also been looking into surrounding states laws and I think I can make it happen faster in MA. So Im between those two decisions at the moment.

Posted:  4 months ago

NH won’t even let me test for my permit?!?!

You said you fixed the problem by insuring your vehicle. What else did you do? Is there a process in NH for reinstating a suspended license?

Only guessing, it might still be suspended awaiting completion of some other process. I suggest calling NH DOT for further clarification.

Good luck.

As soon as I learned that my license was suspended I reinsured my car and took the proper docs to the FL DMV and reinstated my license. I don't have any current suspensions on my vehicle. But since it was within the past two years, they won't allow me to test up until this point. Thanks for your reply.

Posted:  4 months ago

NH won’t even let me test for my permit?!?!

Hey guys, brand new here looking for help figuring this out.

I’ve been preparing and studying to get fly CDL. I had my permit exam appointment today and one of the questions on the application was this:

“Have you been disqualified from operating any motor vehicle within the past two years?”

I didn’t know how to answer because last year I had a suspension as a result not having insurance on a registered vehicle in the state of Florida. I honestly had no idea that there was a law prohibiting that. I figured as long as I’m not driving it, I’m not breaking any laws. Wrong…

As soon as I found out my license was suspended because of that I fixed the situation and insured my vehicle. All this being said previous to today’s situation I’ve called over 15 different training schools, and mentioned it to all of them just to be safe and asked if that would raise any issues and all of them said no if it wasn’t related to any moving violations you’ll be fine.

Upon bringing it up to the clerk she called her supervisor and their answer was that I couldn’t even TEST for my permit because of the suspension… so I’m very confused. I told them the circumstances surrounding the suspension and the fact that every school has responded the same. Didn’t matter.

Does anyone have any insight on this? I searched the violations that would “disqualify” someone from driving and that isn’t on the list. Everything on the list is all related to hazardous driving. So I’m at a loss of words here I have no idea if I’m going to have to wait another year and a half before being able to even go for this or if I can fight it.