Profile For B Brock

B Brock's Info

AZ

Rookie Solo Driver

2 months, 2 weeks ago

B Brock's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

B Brock's Photo Gallery

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Flatbed Load Securement Checks Question

Hello all,

In regards to Load Checks I understand the first 50 miles / 1 hr check and the every 150 mile/3 hour checks.

I have been logging these since I started the account I’m on with Schneider however the question I have is my company advised that when I have an empty trailer and have the tarps on the trailer I still need to log load checks since the tarps are considered a “load” , so I’ve been doing the load checks on the tarps even when i don’t have a load.

My question is: Is this a DOT requirement or more of a company requirement ? It just feels funny logging a “Load Securment Check” when Im running empty other than my tarps secured to the flatbed.

Does anyone have any information on this? I was wondering if DOT were to find it weird that I am logging the check even when empty if they were to inspect my logs.

Otherwise I don’t mind doing the checks if the tarps are considered a load as that’s what I’ve been doing, but it’s just hard to find a clear answer on the matter. Thanks in advance.

Of course also I’m assuming since the tarps on the trailer and strapped that would be why they are considered a load due to the risk they could fall off etc.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Bunk heaters with Schneider Trucks?

0773699001663820574.jpg

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Bunk heaters with Schneider Trucks?

Look under your bunk with a flashlight and see if the bunk heater case is empty.

When I got my new Cascadia a few months ago they didn’t have the parts for the bunk heater. They just installed it last month when I brought it in for a PM… Being summer I had no idea.

Welp sure enough looking under the bed and under the metal answered my question. The bunk heater doesn’t work yet, because well it hasn’t been installed lol😂

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Bunk heaters with Schneider Trucks?

0438863001663650952.jpg

0303561001663732016.jpg

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Bunk heaters with Schneider Trucks?

0438863001663650952.jpg

Here is my display. No lights, no noise, no words. Just a dead unit. Nothing has ever shown up on the screen etc since I got the truck. Sounds like a visit to a shop will have to be in the works haha before it definitely gets real chilly.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Bunk heaters with Schneider Trucks?

That’s probably the case then, there’s the metal box under the bed, but I will need to see if there’s anything in it. It’s brand new and since i’ve first picked up the truck the display doesn’t do anything. No words, no noise, no light etc when pressing the power button with engine and opti off. That’s why I originally didn’t really question the shop tech when he said schneider doesn’t use those lol. Thanks for sharing that information too.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Bunk heaters with Schneider Trucks?

Brayson, I too was confused about how to operate the bunk heating/cooling equipment when I drove for Schneider. My suggestion is when you get into an OC, ask driver services to hook you up with an RSR guy, (one of the tan shirt people), and have him/her actually get into your truck with you and walk you through everything you need to know. As Pete wisely advised, do it asap before you really need it and can’t get it to do what you want it to do.

BTW, Brayson, I was looking at your photo. Are you sure you are old enough to drive? Lol.

Haha just barely… Turned 22 a few months ago lol. And I’ll have to get hooked up with one of those guys. I too call them the tan shirts 😂🙌🏻 and my display is basically a dead unit. Never has lit up or turned on whenever I press the power button so that’s what I was trying to hopefully figure out, but I’m thinking it’s beyond my area of expertise and it will need a shop tech or someone to fix. Thanks for the information I appreciate it.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Bunk heaters with Schneider Trucks?

Hi Brayson, hope you’re enjoying your time with Schneider. Yes, your bunk heater should work; in fact, now is a good time to run it and make sure that it does work, before cold weather hits. Even in the desert, where it sounds like you spend a good deal of your time, the overnight temps can get a bit chilly. Test it now, don’t wait until it turns cold like everyone else does, when the shops become overwhelmed with broken bunk heaters. Your APU will not blow warm air, that is the function of the bunk heater. And no, Schneider does not disable them. The control panel is very, very small. It should consist of a power button in the middle, with a blue button on its left and a red button to its right. When you press the power button in the middle, the little screen should come on. Ask an experienced driver or shop tech, whichever is more convenient, next chance you get, to walk you through this. The shop techs are *usually* super helpful (just kill them with kindness… or Snickers bars).

*As an aside, Thermo King does manufacture APU’s that do control/put out heat, that is why you see the heat setting on your APU controls, but Schneider does not install those particular APUs in their trucks… they are significantly more expensive, and APUs are already stupidly overpriced.

Thank you for the information, I appreciate it. That’s the unfortunate part is that the display doesn’t do anything when I press the power button with the truck off and no opti idle. No wording or anything just a dead display basically. I’ll have to have the shop look at it the next time i’m in there.

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Bunk heaters with Schneider Trucks?

Hey everyone. So i’m a driver with Schneider and have been here for about four months. I was curious on the bunk heaters as they gave me a 2023 brand new Cascadia. I mostly run in California, Arizona, and Nevada and it’s been summer so when I’m parked up for the night I’ve been using the battery powered APU system which works great at keeping the cab cool. However now that it’s starting to cool down here on the west (that being said we have very mild winters other than the mountain areas of the west coast ) I was curious as my truck does have an Espar bunk heater in it. It has a control pad in the sleeper and I’ve never messed with it, but I noticed it’s screen doesn’t turn on or work or basically show anything on it. When I picked up the truck when I first started the shop technician that was showing me around the truck said that I won’t need to use that control pad when I asked and I left it at that during that moment, because honestly I wasn’t sure what the control pad was for at the time and he didn’t mention it was for a bunk heater so I figured it was just something in the truck that schneider didn’t option for. The apu works great in the warm temps, but it doesn’t blow any warm air when putting it in the hottest setting. Does schneider not allow use of the bunk heaters? I find it odd that my truck has an Espar bunk heater under the bed and the control display for it yet it won’t turn on and the shop tech said we don’t use those. So I guess all I’m looking for with this post is the following:

Does schneider actually allow us to use these bunk heaters that are in the trucks they order or did they disconnect it so we can only idle when it’s really cold or use apu in normal temps?

I would have asked the shop to look at the control not working however like I said I never worried about it since the tech said that control was for something we don’t use and I left it at that’s

Now I’m thinking my display is just broken or maybe a fuse needs replaced and that guy was confused on what I was asking about possibly haha.

any information helps.

Thanks,

Brayson

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Sliding Flatbed Split Axle Weights

Hello,

I got a new trailer from my company. It’s a flatbed with a sliding rear axle. My previous flatbed was a fixed split axle.

I’m curious how the sliding axle weight rating works. I know 20,000 each axle when in ten foot spread but is there other ratings I should know for the different spreads it can go into? Like if I put it and it was around an 8ft spread etc…

any information helps. Thanks so much.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

New Split Axle Driver for Schneider and I scrapped a truck backing up

Thank you to all of you who responded. It means a lot hearing the advice from all of you that you have to offer. A few more accidents happened that night in the parking lot with other drivers … it didn’t help I don’t think that everyone was parking at odd angles etc and it was a small flying J lot so it was just one of those truck stops Im going to definitely avoid at all costs haha and stick to more open lots and other areas where I can safely and easily park a split axle trailer. From what it sounds like my Schneider DTL is going to review the accident and try and schedule any training if necessary, but so far I haven’t heard anything else so I guess that’s a good sign. I’m happy to do whatever Schneider needs me to do and I definitely will be working on better trip planning and all of that which I’m sure comes with time. Again appreciate all of you,

Brayson

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

New Split Axle Driver for Schneider and I scrapped a truck backing up

Well first let me start off by saying GOAL is extremely important and even though I knew I should have done it … I felt confident that I was able to back into a tight spot at a Pilot and scrapped the paint on the truck on my blind side with the corner of my trailer. I didn’t get too far into the spot before causing the damage on the trucks drivers side cab. The damage was extremely minor , no denting just paint damage but was 100% preventable. I was low on time and there was only a few spots available to park at in the truck lot … all of which were tight spaces with limited room to maneuver or get a good set up. Not making excuses, but I just needed a place to park before my time was up on the clock and should have got out and looked still but didn’t and made a dumb mistake. I’m a new driver with a month of solo driving under my belt. I drive a split axle flat bed for Schneider and sure enough this spot that was left was one of the harder ones to get into… I feel confident in my driving with the split axle and haven’t had any issues with backing up or tight maneuvers at all until this incident. Now all of my nerves are going to get the best of my when it comes to backing up. I called my company and reported it. The other driver reported it to his company as well and no police were involved due to it being a private property accident. I know my mistake and am willing to accept the consequences of my failure to GOAL.

My DTL/ Leader is off and won’t be on till the morning so I’m not sure what’s to become of me.

I’d love to hear about what happens with a preventable like this being on my record? I assume it will for sure go on my DAC. Are my future options now limited?

What does schneider do with new drivers who have a preventable ?

Any advice or other comments are appreciated…

I’m grateful the guy whose truck I hit was calm about it. He honked his horn as soon as I hit his truck and at first was a little aggressive but calmed down and we handled it like adults. He was a young driver like myself ( I’m 21) and I felt really bad because he has a nice new volvo so I would have been upset too…

A few other drivers came over and had some stories about mess ups they’ve had in the past and to just remember to GOAL so that did make me feel a little better knowing these things happen and to learn from them. They also all spotted me so I could finish backing up into this tight space.

So i’m grateful for those truckers out there that are happy to help us inexperienced drivers learn.

Brayson