Comments By Peter M.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/red-pete-2.jpg avatar
  • Peter M.
  • Comments:

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

Is there an official 'Ten Commandments of Trucking Safety'?

1: Don't hit anything. 2: Don't hit anything. 3: Don't hit anything. 4: Don't hit anything. 5: Don't hit anything. 6: Don't hit anything. 7: Don't hit anything. 8: Don't hit anything. 9: Don't hit anything. 10: Don't hit anything.

Soooo, you’re saying don’t hit anything?

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

You’re good to go.

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

First Layover

Rock on!

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

Starting My Journey With Swift

Best of luck to you. Prayers to the biker....I am a biker and every time I hear of accidents I cringe.

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

Available truck parking

Perhaps, just until he finishes his lunch?

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

Swift Trucking Price increase for CDL training

Yeah, me too.

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

2 years northeast regional otr

That's really great to hear. Seems like you're in a great place. You earned it.

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Think this trailer maybe out of service for awhile.

That’s awesome

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Black Horse

That's great.

Posted:  7 months ago

Just an update on what I am up to.

That's great news.

Posted:  7 months ago

Trucking School started today! DAY ONE

That's great.

Posted:  7 months, 1 week ago

My Maverick Transportation Diary

That’s fantastic!

Posted:  7 months, 1 week ago

Almost there

Excellent!

Posted:  7 months, 1 week ago

Hello, I need help finding cdl Training. [request from a very obnoxious dude]

"You aren't arresting Me because I didnt do anything wrong, I wouldn't have came all the way here if I did that abd I also dont know her bank pin. So he tells me put my hands behind my back around 4 times, I tell him honestly not in an aggressive tone that he's not arresting me"

That's where you went wrong. COURT is where you stand your ground with your innocence. And, refusing police commands is just plain stupid. You got what you asked for IMHO.

Posted:  7 months, 2 weeks ago

I passed orientation for Schneider

Great news! Congratulations.

Posted:  7 months, 2 weeks ago

Wils Trans cdl training just got approved for school

That’s great news.

Posted:  7 months, 2 weeks ago

Items needed for orientation..

I'd also say, please no hard luggage.. a large duffle will work much better. For bedding, I highly recommend a SLEEPING BAG and pillow. You also need real work gloves.. me personally, I buy ones with double leather palms.. pricey but they work well. More than 1 pair of shoes.. I've often had trainees who brought 1 pair of tennis shoes that ended up getting very wet or muddy and believe me, it was a problem. Me personally, I have some waterproof work boots that I'll wear if I'm in some nasty muddy flooded dirt drop lot having to drop and hook trailers. When I'm done I'll change back into clean, more comfortable tennis shoes for driving. Oh and a weeks worth of clothes to should be sufficient.. laundry can be done out on the road. Trust me, I've had trainees show up with multiple suitcases and a months worth of clothes and it's too much to fit in my truck. They end up having to leave most of it at a terminal to retrieve later when they go to upgrade.

Mega experience right there I tell ya.