Profile For truckersgirl53

truckersgirl53's Info

AZ

5 years, 1 month ago

truckersgirl53's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Best trucking companies to drive for??

It's not a definite no and can't comment further.

Best trucking companies to drive for??

Well what are you looking for in a company exactly? What type of freight do you want to haul and how often do you want to be home? Those are the first two questions you should decide upon. That will eliminate a ton of companies and help you focus on the ones that are offering what you're looking for.

I don't know what it's called -- I guess Van or container -- as opposed to hazmat, doubles, etc. He doesn't mind being away, but two months is quite long. So looking for a little more home time (I am sure everyone is) or local/dedicated -- maybe 2 weeks out, then home.

Best trucking companies to drive for??

Ok, let me preface this by saying I heavily moderated this thread to eliminate a whole bunch of cr*p that didn't help anyone and certainly didn't live up to our standards. I kept the helpful stuff and hopefully we can continue on with this conversation in a good way.

truckersgirl53, please let that be the last time you bash a company here at TruckingTruth. That's what TheTruckersReport is for.

Now what are you looking for in a company exactly? What type of freight do you want to haul and how often do you want to be home? Those are the first two questions you should decide upon. That will eliminate a ton of companies and help you focus on the ones that are offering what you're looking for.

Sorry about that -- quite frustrated to say the least -- my fiancé is the trucker, not me. Got good experience and training, but looking for a company for the long term. There are a ton out there that recruiters seem to lure you with same talk. Would like some recommendations for other companies.

Best trucking companies to drive for??

Anyone have a good recommendation

Question about schnieder vs swift

Ricky, sorry to say in our experience, they will not keep you near your home terminal. My man is 50 miles from his home terminal and it took a week of "gentle reminders" to the planners that after 4 weeks on the road, he NEEDED to come back for a medical appointment. So that isn't going to happen.

Question from the wife

Any comments on which is the better/best company to work for? My guy is a newbie that just got released on his own a few weeks ago. He is doing fine, but there seems to be a lot of no money/downtime BS from the place he is at. The promises of making some change seems to be just that -- change!

He is frustrated, I am frustrated, my son who is doing the same thing, is frustrated. Is this going to get better because I am trying to be the positive one here, but they are wearing me thin listening to the antics of a company that obviously doesn't care. Thanks!

Hi - I'm a wife of a trucker

He is doing is hours and I have to say, both he and my son got mentors with lousy attitudes. Terrible they pay so much to be taken advantage of. Can't wait till it's over and they are on their own!

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Anyone know a math formula?

They want the guys to manually go through mapbooks and figure mileage, hours, etc. Any easy formula?

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Update!

My b/f went in for what he thought was additional training and it was a test -- he passed!! Got his CDL!

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Nagging question -- why?

Thank you Mountain Girl. I agree he is exhausted. He is a perfectionist and is frustrated that this has happened twice. He aced his pretrip and skills. Never thought the driving will be an issue. Meantime, I'm exhausted trying to keep him calm. I'll keep you posted.

Angela

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Nagging question -- why?

Thank you all! I have been trying to encourage him. I know he can do this and will be a great driver! I will keep you posted.

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Nagging question -- why?

The first time, he was making a left turn and the little car jumped in to his left as he started to turn and the instructor said he shouldn't have let him get there in the first place. ???? an accident is better?

The second time, the guy was stopped and he started to make his turn, the guy rolled in to the crosswalk and my boyfriend corrected not to hit him and the instructor said he should have stopped, automatically failing him, but made him continue with the test. This isn't his first experience with trucks, so I just don't get it.

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Nagging question -- why?

My b/f is presently in a CDL program. He has done everything, has his permit, driven and all his school evaluators have said he was an excellent driver and probably one of the best in his class, yet their MVD testors failed him twice (an automatic failure). First time because some moron cut him off making a turn (and he avoided an accident) and the second time because as he was negotiating a turn some idiot on a cell phone, who was stopped at the time, decided to start to roll across the crosswalk when he started his turn (guess he saw the "student driver" sign on the truck and decided he wanted a new car). That was at the beginning of the test, but the evaluator made him continue to take the test. Why? You failed him.

My b/f avoided any issues and was told "you shouldn't have given him the room to invade." WTH? Would they rather you have an accident? In any event, he is devastated and has to go back one more time. If he doesn't pass it this time, they want an additional $750 to do it. I don't think so.....$3900 for a class that contains approximately 6 hours of driving time.

My b/f is 59 years old but it seems they are failing the experienced people and passing the young yahoos that I wouldn't let walk my dog. Any ideas or experiences? Thanks.