Profile For Bill P.

Bill P.'s Info

5 years, 3 months ago

Bill P.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Florida CDL

Ok I am wanting to get into truck driving with my wife but we just can't make the transition from our current careers at this time. My question is can I get my CDLOk and endorsements now then in a year or so make the change. My plan is to get all the endorsements that I can . Is there any rules preventing me from doing this?

Posted:  5 years ago

Companies that let me train

I would like to go to a private school get my cdl then pick a company and do my training. Eventually I would like my wife join and we drive as a team. I have been told that some companies would let me train her after her she gets out of school with her cdl. I was told Werner is a company that would allow me to do this. Is this true and are there other companies that would let me do this as well

Thanks for your replies

Posted:  5 years ago

Confused about ideling vs apu's

In my reading I have read that some companies don't have apu'sIn in their truck and there is an ideling policy. How do you survive in the southern united states in the summer or in the northern united states in the winter . 14 hrs is a long time in a truck with no power or ac/heat

Posted:  5 years ago

Confused

So if I go to a private school I will test with them then go to DMV to get my license or do I have to take the test with DMV and if I do what truck would I use

Posted:  5 years ago

Confused

I am from Florida, if I go to road aster truck driving school don't I get my cdl A from them or when I pick a company

Posted:  5 years ago

Time home

I am seriously considering a career change so I was thinking of this career. What I wanted to do is go to school get my cdl then pick a company. After that I was going to do my probation time if there is a time like that then get my wife into it. From there I wanted us to team drive. Any opinions on this strategy or am I completely off base. My next question is since I will have my wife with me is there a limit of time you can stay out and drive before they make you come home.

Posted:  5 years ago

Living in Florida

Ok so I live in Florida. Any drivers from Florida can tell me what is the best way to approach a cdl before school. I don't think I can get my class A until school but what should I have prior to going to school. Type cdl, endorsements. I would like to get what ever I can get before I start cdl school.

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Us mail

What r the requirements to pull us mail or fed ex /ups

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Maps

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Maps

Any Werner drivers ????.?.?

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Maps

Hey I was told that Werner has cut the US into 1/4's . Is this true, have other companies done this. What I have been told is that you can't go from florida to California you go to Texas drop a load then come back. I guess this question is mainly for team drivers.

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Truckers Truth CDL Test Questions

Are the practice questions on this forum for CDL testing similar to questions on the real test. I find them to be very basic and some of them are actually silly. I mean no disrespect by this but some of the questions actually guide you to the multiple choice answer. I am primarily asking about the CDL test questions I will get to the other practice test questions this weekend. I am the type that when I take a test I usually over prepare for it so I was just curious.

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Miles

What would be a ball park amount of weekly miles a new driver would get, from say Werner or swift or another starter company. At 26 cents a mile it would take a few to make any money