Comments By Sandman

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/83/13/c5/8313c5232e2864c0db1070884456d110--truck-memes-semi-trucks.jpg avatar
  • Sandman
  • Comments:

No W2s, now what??

Yes. Went personally to local IRS office and obtained these vary transcripts. Then Faxed to the recruiter. Her reply is that these are not W2 and therefore unacceptable.

Get a new recruiter, Speak with her boss. She is a moron. That is the same as a W-2. They are all forms proving your income.

Why paying truckers by the mile is unfair and dangerous

But yah. I know what net pay and gross pay are.

Why paying truckers by the mile is unfair and dangerous

Last check. Gross Pay$2,781.23 Net Pay. $1,956.05. I've had a PTIN and an EFIN for the past Four years. I am a co- Owner of an Income tax Office. It's not huge but it makes its money as well, By far not a bad investment.

Why paying truckers by the mile is unfair and dangerous

Auto hauler or fancy flat bed. My company is based out of Jacksonville Florida and no I didn't mean it as snarky. Just wondering. Most (as in 7/10) of my checks are in excess of 1,800. Is there really that big of a differance? Is what I was thinking. I love my pay but maybe I should be a lot happier than I am.

Why paying truckers by the mile is unfair and dangerous

My take home pay for the past three weeks was in excess of 1,200 dollars each week.

That's nice. I'm home every weekend. My take home pay on a bad week is 1,100. So what's happening there? Think you might be getting ripped off and you don't even see it. I understand you love trucking, So do I. There is a big problem with drivers getting payed far to low for what they do.

Life has changed and so has my CDL school

Hey i might start with US Xpress nxt month in Irving, TX, any info would help

Had its ups and downs. I would give them a 9 out of 10. Make sure you have your paperwork in order. If you have a problem with your trainer, let them know asap. My first trainer no longer works with the company. I don't either. Lol. I can go back at anytime. He cannot. Stay clear of Walmart or dollar general dedicated runs. Don't worry about NY city. You will drop off in new Jersey for all of those. I got a new job close to home so I don't work there anymore. PS if you hit anything, tell them asap. Don't wait at all you will be fired. Or do as I was lucky enough to do, don't hit anything. Keep your distance from other vehicles. If you hit any vehicle in the back, they will fire first ask questions later.

Posted:  6 years ago

Starting celadon trucking school tommorow!

well guys, i finally did it! after 2 weeks or im finally boarding a bus to indiana tommorow at 6:30PM. although i have absolutely 0 experience driving a truth i'm very excited and nervous at the same time. any tips and all positive vibes are welcome! also i will be doing most of my studying in the bus since its gonna be a long ride.

Best of luck to yah! good-luck.gifgood-luck-2.gif

Posted:  6 years ago

Is there a standard deduction for supplies?

Whoa... take time to research IRS

If this is a comment to me... the IRS website isn't going to tell me anything new. I keep track of every change as it happens. I've had a PTIN and a EFIN for 5 years. If he used a credit card or debit card for his purchases. Transaction history is where you can find the purchases. That can also be printed as proof. Setting up a bank account for purchases things for work will make this a lot easier when tax time comes. Keeping track of paper receipts isn't going to be easy for 12 months. The ink fades and so does memory. If it is work related and unreimbursed (Not played back by your company) you can right it off.

PS Trucking - OTR Drivers in Oregon

Sounds like BS trucking. Here is a good slogan. BS, because that's all we know.

Posted:  6 years ago

Is there a standard deduction for supplies?

I just started as a team driver and I'm doing my co drivers taxes but he didnt keep receipts for his supplies...Boots,gloves ect. How can i estimate this so he doesnt get audited? Any help would be appreciated.

Any deduction you take and don't have proof will end badly. The IRS can only audit expense. So without proof you would be doomed. Always have the proof. One question did he use a credit card or debit card?

VIDEO: New Jersey Turnpike I-95 Crash, Black Ice

1.18.15 NJ Turnpike I-95 Crash - Black Ice

A driver was blocked by two trucks on south bound I-95 at exit 9 in NJ (New Brunswick exit). He only wanted to take a picture while he was waiting for them to clear up... And then he heard a noise from behind...he was barely missed.

Fresh pair of underwear for that guy.

Best CDL Schools in Georgia

Trying to find a good school in Georgia. Wanted to know if anyone might have an opinion.

Georgia Northwestern Technical college.

"YOU'VE GOT MAIL"

ok. So your all settled in. You just ate. You pee'd. Got your drink all set. You are looking at 300 miles on your navigation. Got your cruise set and here it comes. "You have a new message" you wanna ignore it but that unopened envelope is staring at you, just taunting you. You think "i can ignore you" when in reality its tearing you up inside. "What if the reciever canceled the shipment?" "what if there's an 89 car pile up ahead of me?" so it finally gets to you and you pull over and hit the button...... "Remember fleet, your dm's take lunch from 12 to 1 so please try to reframe from calling during these times" ughhh. Really?confused.gif

Ha!

Posted:  6 years ago

Pre-Hire letters and GNTC.

OK, I have my Cdl-AP As of today. I have a List of companies That I Sent an application to to. (PH) means I have a Pre-Hire letter. (SW) Still waiting.

Cedar Creek Trucking (SW)

Watkins & Shepard. (PH) Mike Frost Trucking. (PH)

U.S. xpress enterprises inc.(PH)

Con-way Freight.(PH)

Covenant Transport.(SW)

S & H Trucking, Inc.(SW)

Arnold Transportation.(PH) With Georgia Northwestern. They are Amazing. Total out of pocket for training. Drum role....... $22.00. yep not a typo. Pell and Hope covered almost all. Now its a little more out of pocket than that. here is the list so far. $35.00 Application Fee. (DMV) $20.00 Application Fee. (GNTC) $10.00 Testing Fee or Permit Fee. $55.00 Dot Physical $22.00 Cdl Training Free. Books I guess the only other things would be Gas lol. (as in my car). Gonna be a good day. can't wait for march 2nd.

Funny Signs you see on the road

Another god one is on hwy 12 just west of Harlowton, MT has the air plane with an arrow pointing north. Under the arrow it says cemetery. Don't know if I would fly into that airport.

Airforce Cemetery?

Funny Signs you see on the road

funny trucker pictures of a sign that says if you hit this sign you will hit this bridge

Do i need to have a licence for over a year before i can cdl train

I saw one trucking school that had that rule is it true for all of them.I don't even have one please post thank you

Truck Driver's Career Guide check chapter two.

Do i need to have a licence for over a year before i can cdl train

It depends, rules vary. Most want you to be licensed for at least 12 months. I will let you know if I find anything.

A unique trucking opportunity