Comments By Kamran K.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/bigrig9.jpg avatar

Posted:  4 years ago

Best teaming company?

I been driving for a year now and my buddy about 9 months we are thinking about teaming up but the problem we have with every company we try to go to is that we dont live in same state i live in NC and he in GA about 6-7 hours apart theres some companies that say we will have to split hometime at eachothers houses but we want to do it at our own homes so is there any company any1 knows of that we can team up and do hometime at our own homes?thank you

Posted:  4 years ago

Knight agility test question?

I been driving for a year with mct and mct didnt have an agility test just a reguler dot physical i was thinking about going with knight and i heard they have an agility test so has any1 recently went to knights orientation and know what there agility test consist of exactly how many pounds you gota lift and etc.Thank you

Is it worth moving for a local job?

I live in HighPoint, NC and i been doin otr with mct for 9 months i found a local job for there other division CCC but its in South Carolina about 3 and a half hours from where i am now thinking about moving for it but is it worth moving for a local job pay is decent.Thank you

Knight Transportation weekly hometime question

They'll work with you as much as you can. I run two weeks out and home on the weekends I have my daughter. My DM gets me home Friday evening and I generally leave out late Sunday night or early Monday morning. Getting a weekly route right off the bat won't be that easy to do but it depends what terminal you're out of.

yeh they told me they have weekly hometime for me do you know what kind of agility test they have?like lifting pulling etc...

Knight Transportation weekly hometime question

Been driving for MCT Transportation for about 9 months otr all 48 been thinking about going to Knight Transportation regional runs home weekly my question is do you get 2 FULL days at home or is it like a day and a half anyone that does weekly for knight please answer the recruiter told me 2 full days but still its a recruiter dont believe them

Not getting channels from an anntena

i have a old standard TV and i hooked up my anntenna to it but i am getting no channels no matter where i go anybody knows a solution?or is my TV too old?and how to get channels?thank you

T mobile reliable phone service to have over the road?

I had T-Mobile for 1.5 years over the road. Let me tell you this, a decent signal was hard to come by, LTE was like hitting the lottery, and 'No Signal' was a daily part of life. It was so bad, I had to wait until I got to the big city before calling anyone, or else it would be dropped calls whenever a snowflake got in the way of me and the tower.

I really wouldn't wish T-Mobile over the road to my worst enemies. Spend that money on Verizon or AT&T. Unlimited data is nice, but not when you don't ever have a signal to use it.

Yeh thats what i was thinking i have Straight talk rite now but i only get 3GB of data and bein on the road when theres nothing to do at times you have ur phone and internet it runs out fast so i need unlimited data but verizon or at&t gona charge a fortune for that but thanks for replying what service u have now?

T mobile reliable phone service to have over the road?

hello i am thinking about getting service from Tmobile but i dont know if i will have signal anywhere i go over the road so if anyone has Tmobile can they let me know please thank you

Posted:  5 years ago

1st week of Schneider training finished!

Miscommunication. They do book your hotel but won't do it till your results come back.

oh gotch ya thanks for the info man

Posted:  5 years ago

1st week of Schneider training finished!

I'm sure you are. I know I was!! It takes about ⁴ days to get the drug results back. If I remember correctly, they give you next available dates for orientation but don't book your hotel UNTIL the results come back. I'd just give them a call again tomorrow. Any recruiter can help you. GOOD LUCK!

Oh i see and oh they dont book the hotel for you like most companies????and thanks man

Posted:  5 years ago

1st week of Schneider training finished!

Who was your recruiter??

Yonish Donna i was hoping i can get it done this week then be at orientation on Tuesday its in driving distance because i have a paper that verifies all my previous employers thats what i used for CT

Still have to do the drug test. Its urine AND hair.

i dont mind that i am just ready to go

Posted:  5 years ago

1st week of Schneider training finished!

Who was your recruiter??

Posted:  5 years ago

1st week of Schneider training finished!

Did you apply on line? You can call 800-44 pride and talk to a recruiter. It depends on how long it takes to verify your work history. A few days. Then there's phone interviews. Then drug tests. I'd guess about 2 weeks max. Just all depends on your situation really.

yeh i called a recruiter but she said my app was incomplete so she sent me a email to finish it i finished it yesterday i didnt get no answer today maybe i will tomorow

Posted:  5 years ago

1st week of Schneider training finished!

Finished up my first week today. For you guys that went thru this training I got an 8 on my final test. I've already talked to my TE for next week and he sounds like a really nice guy. He's got a 2015 cascadia evolution that's about 2 months old. And I can't wait to go trucking in that bad boy! I couldn't be happier with the choice I made by choosing them. Trainers are excellent, patient and highly personable. They want to see you be the best you can be. Any questions about Schneider feel free to ask me. Stay safe out there!

how long did your hiring process take? i already filled out an application with them how long does it take before someone contacts you and they get you ready to go to orientation?

Downshifting

No i mean if your coming to a stoplight or stopsign

My trainer has told me that also, but I'm not sure either. My school said always try to down shift........

Yeh at school they want you to downshift all the way so you can get used to shifting thats why they have you shift all the way down

Downshifting

No i mean if your coming to a stoplight or stopsign

Downshifting

So i heard when you actually get in the real world and by real world i mean when u go solo with a comapany you dont have to downshift that most people dont downshift is that true?

Hair follicle test

i was wondering that people say the hair follicle test goes wayyyy back my question is how far does it exactly go back?Thank you

Posted:  5 years ago

Has anyone went thru Averitts Express physical?

Oh okay i will let you know how it goes bro

Posted:  5 years ago

Has anyone went thru Averitts Express physical?

Yeh it will be alrite they also require a high school diploma right?