Comments By UpNorthTrip

https://s24.postimg.org/wptyxly9x/Screenshot_2015_10_14_17_56_22_1.png avatar

Any Companies that will give me a Shot? (two tickets on driving record)

I have 3 in a 5yr period with the latter being 2013 n swift is willing havent heard from prime yet

I got my class A CDL today

Thats great i start cdl school on that date Congrats!

Favorite YouTube trucker

Sinister,Trucker Brown,TheRightBrotha, and ole scooby doo From Averitt lol.

Question about Obamacare

I am in the same boat as you im sick of my day job as well and on top of that i missed our wellness discount so either way i go im screwed i just applied for prime hoping i get a call soon.

Which kind of trailer do you prefer?

I start school this month as well.. leaning towards reefer i have exp there being that i was a truck loader for several yrs and have worked with cold freight.

Private school in GA?

Im attending chat tech in acworth, ga the end of October...

Hey where did you get the dot physical n drug screen for that price im Located in Cobb County.

Tough times. Need advice.

And here i am thinking life dealt me the worst deck of cards @ 31yrs old. Hope all is well goodluck!

Truck Driver Training Stabbing

Man thats crazy Never know whos riding with you.

Preparing For School (Few Questions + Job Opportunity)

Thanks buddy,

So should i get in in writing now or waiting until i start school or days before i get the license.

Preparing For School (Few Questions + Job Opportunity)

So guys i enrolled at my local community college the course is 37 Days. DDS/DMV Well actually come to the school for our Driving Test NO DMV NO WAITING!! The School doesn't have job placement but several trucking companies do visit the school once a class graduates

Now on to my biggest concern so my current job is offering me a Truck Driver position granted i get my CDL i was recommended by my Warehouse Supervisor to the Trans Dept i even got a chance to speak with the transportation manager and the gentleman that trains the new drivers " You need 1 Yr exp, But you know the product just get your CDL" is what i was told.

its a major food carrier (Reefer Truck) (1 Billion Served) they get 2 days off a week they are paid hourly + productivity, paid weekly, good benefits/401k n pension. (forgot to ask if they are paid by miles as well)

Is this a great opportunity for a new driver?

Me: i think so it' like a no brainer guaranteed position but i have read on here about how you guys think its best for noobs to go OTR to get exp versus dealing with city driving

are there any other companies that do productivity based pay?

me: i know in the warehouse its the faster you get done loading the truck the more money you make as far as trucking if safety is KEY why would you try to rush a driver?

i didnt get anything in writing but the trainer and a few other new hires did say they started out with $25 an hr.

What questions should i be asking them?

also i seen the trucks do the weirdest thing a few nights ago it slid forward then backward as if it was on a Track lol i never seen that before is that slip seating?

also im not too much worried about working in refrigerated because ive done so as a Loader for 10 yrs plus between my current job and previous (Dominos Pizza Supply Chain) as a Loader and i have been on several runs to help the drivers out so the only thing im missing is Operating The Truck

Posted:  5 years ago

Need help with truck driving school will pay back

I just applied for Fafsa mailed in my forms now im waiting for an email or phone call on if im approved or not which worse case i'll have to do company sponsored or struggle a bit paying on my own. fortunately my community tech school here in atlanta only charges about 16-1700 for the course and i have already pretty much called or email companies asking if they approved of this tech school and all of them do so far. so yeah try what these guys are saying apply for Fafsa