Comments By TopNotchTre

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/Liltre206/TrevorS_zps30241065.jpg avatar

Not new but good info

Or if you do drugs, either grow up and stop or.....Skip over this site and find a different career bc I'd rather not share the road with you and your poss. 80,000 pound truck.

Not trying to be a butthead and I understand your only trying to educate others Greeny. This is only my opinion when it comes to mind altering drugs and putting others at risk. This is just not the career for all that.

Driving jobs in Seattle WA

Hey Soi,

I am actually doing the same thing as you. I am moving to the Seattle land area to live by family and have been collecting information for about a year now off of craigslist about local companies hiring. I would suggest that you start there on craigslist, also Washington WorkSource which is the state job board is always a good place to look as well. In addition, there is a school out there that will offer to help with job placement even if you have a CDL A and experience already at no charge and just to help. I'll leave the information below. I hope this helps. Congrats on the baby and I wish you the best of luck :) !!!!

There are hundreds of well paying LOCAL jobs waiting for the right candidates.

Call us now to see if you qualify for funding to train to become a qualified CDL Truck Driver. We have three locations:-

+ Lakewood + Auburn + Port Orchard

****This is not an offer for employment. We do not guarantee employment to anyone. We will, however, offer our best efforts to help those qualified find work and have an excellent track record for local job placement.****

EVEN IF YOU DON'T NEED A CDL BUT NEED HELP FINDING A JOB. CALL US. WE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU. NO STRINGS ATTACHED, NOTHING TO BUY, NO PRESSURE. OUR MISSION IS TO HELP PEOPLE FIND GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT.

WE ARE VETERAN BENEFITS EXPERTS, THE OWNER IS A VET AND MOST OF OUR STAFF ARE VETS.

CALL 253-983-0200 M-F 8am - 5pm.

DriveCo, Gary, IN Private CDL training school

Here's a silly question in regards to Schneider. Are they changing the company colors away from the bright orange? I've seen a lot of gunmetal grey power units on the road but still have the orange trailers.

Thanks Brett and Robert!

Not a silly question at all Robert, to answer you question, yes. They where changing their trucks to represent their different divisions, OTR Van, Intermodal, tanker, ect ect. But it really didn't end up working out that way. They bought 4,000 trucks last year and I believe they are all "White" in color for the most part.

DriveCo, Gary, IN Private CDL training school

Signed on with Schneider earlier this months and they are paying for my schooling @ DriveCo in Gary, IN. Started this Monday and things are going great! Just passed my permit test and now just need all them endorsements! The school is definitely one I would recommend if you live in NWI or Chicago-land area.(And I found the school here on TT :) Not only that, they are the finishing school for ABF. They came in class on Tuesday. Letting us know they needed drivers and to fill out apps. So crazy and amazing at the same time. Definitely wouldn't mind working for them. I'm moving next summer to Washington state so it wouldn't be ideal if I did go with them right off bc of the hoops I would have to go to switch locals out to the Seattle area.(as advised by abf themselves) Plus the experience i'm going to gain OTR with Schneider this year i'm sure will benefit me in one way or another that I will be grateful for in the long run. Brett this site has been an amazing resources for me, Thanks!! And to people like Daniel B. and 6 string your stories, trials and tribulations and suggestions have definitely giving me some much needed insight I was looking for!!!

driveco cdl school signabf pup trailers in the yard pups in the yard 20150121_075043_zpse04b7cd8.jpg

Got a job offer at Schnieder, just have one question...

Congrats!!!! on the job offer at Schnieder National. I signed my training contract with them on the first and started school on Monday. Should leave up to Green Bay, WI for orientation about mid next month. About the hair test, if it was just a one time thing they admin'd in the ER during your visit, it's not likely that it would show up. Hair test more so will pick up on drug use over time. But to be honest, you never really know. As Steve said, just let the recruiter know about it as well as who ever admins your hair test so they can document it. If anything pop's up, you have the paper work. No worries. btw, they shaved my dang arms.. lol hairs are just starting to grow back -_- GL Duke!!! See you out there!!

Pay for school vs. company paid?

Hey Janet,

I definitely agree with Brett and all his wisdom. I may have missed it but didn't see any mention of tuition reimbursement. Most companies offer it once hired. Keep in mind, though you will be reimbursed, it will come incremental installments on your guy's check over a period of time. I've seen 6 months and I have seen a year, maybe more. On the positive note, those installments are coming in double time because there are two of you. As well as company sponsored programs, I would defiantly check out the companies that offer the reimbursement option and see how those installments would keep you two in the black, financially, while getting things in the grove. I wish you guys the best of luck!!

A unique trucking opportunity

LOL.. Good find :)

Schneider Phone Interview ???????s

Congrats! And yes, you should be just fine. I actually just wrote about my experience with Schneider because of my past. You can read it here: Schneider offers hope to a felons future

Good luck Charles, i'm sure you will do just fine!

Pay scale for trucking

Trucking is not a get rich quick scheme.... Or a get rich at all scheme. Its a working mans job for a working mans pay. Some day good, some days bad. 34 cents to start off is not bad at all though. I just got hired @ Schneider for: 32 for the first 2-3 months, 34 for 3-6 and 39c after that. I wish you the best of luck!!!

First Pre-Hire Letter

Yay Congrats Joe R.!!!!! I hope the best for you!!!

And Yes Joe M., It's super cold here, i'm about 10-15 minutes from gary -_- so cold sooooo so cold lol :)

Schneider offers hope to a felons future

Thanks everyone!!! I appreciate it!!

Schneider offers hope to a felons future

truck driver employment rejection letter because of felonies and credit Yep, That me and that is a typical letter that I get when trying to get a job. 47446715-job-application-rejected-200600 Good ol' stamp on non-approval

Hey TT members and lurkers! My name is Trevor, Trev, TopNotchTre :) which ever one you would like. It's not at all uncommon when I try to get a Job that I get letter's just like the one above... Why? you ask. Well Between the ages of 18 and 22 I made some bad decisions, hung around with the wrong people. I spent about 2 years of my life behind bars, be that jails and prison. In that time I racked up 4 class 2(or class B depending of the state) felonies between 2 different states. In addition to that I also managed to get myself a misdemeanor Negligent driving - 1st degree - reduced from DUI.

My dad has been driving with Conway for a while and has over a million safe miles with them and though he can't manage his money all that great the guy can make a good living with his salary. Well that got me thinking about truck driving, so I started looking into it. With a record like I have though, I was surly never going to be able to drive a truck. But that didn't stop me from doing the research. So I did just that. To my surprise, I found there are actually a lot of companies that will hire felons. One exception though... They have to be 5 years or greater behind you. Now i'm not saying that is a mandated rule, but that is the minimum of years to have had gone by before there guidelines say they can consider you for employment. If you are reading this and you have a felony 4-2 years behind you and your looking in to getting a job driving for a company, i'm not saying there is no hope. The worst anyone can say is no and you should in fact apply to as many companies you can that do consider felons.

So, I am 28 at the moment so I meet the 5 year requirement. That's when I really dug in and I ended running across this website. With all that I have read, here is one more for you Brett, thanks man! What you brought together on here is truly unique and is appreciated. I was originally thinking about applying with Prime because they have the whole schabang at one place(Prime does hire felons), but that would mean that I would have to leave the fam bam for a minute until I got myself going. That was an option but not one that was really ready to just jump at. So then I used an option on this website to search for CDL schools near me. Well I found one and paid them a visit the next day. Got all the information that I needed about going there. In addition, they told me they also partnered with Schneider to train their students and in turn Schneider paid for there schooling cost in full. But Schneider? That was a pretty reputable company so right off-the-bat I was not sure of that option for me. But nonetheless, I went home and back to research to look at Schneider and their hiring guidelines/policies for felons.

Schneider does consider employement of felons, however the felonies must be 7 years old. Well when i read that I was kinda torn becasue at the time 7 years doesn't truly pass for me until 4 months or so. Just so happens when I caught that felony just month or so before is when I caught the downgraded DUI.. I told myself screw it. I'm going to at least try and find out what they say. So I jumped on their website and started the application for the paid training/ no cdl required posting. Made sure to put all of my history in full detail including residence, job history, criminal and driving. Wooosh, man that is so hard to do sometimes. If you don't have felonies I would not expect for you to understand but you get so discouraged when you get letters all the time like the one I got posted above. Feels like no one will hire you. And I mean, I'm not a bad person I just made some mistakes and I corrected them. I'm just your normal guy that along with that has a wife, son and daughter, trying to make a living the right way. Okay, So i got the application submitted and I just hurried up and waited ;) good-luck-2.gif

Took the recruiter about two weeks to reach out to me. (Figured that they had just tossed my app to the side by that time) When she called me we basically just went over my app with fine detail. Another excruciating period of time only I have to talk to a live person about my history and this person has the all-might power of employment behind her. But we get through it and she lets me know she will see what she can do and get back to me... Well that didn't sound to reassuring, but okay. About 3 days after that she called me back and let me know that she is ready to give me a conditional offer of employment!!!! All I had to do was do the DOT physical, UA and plus hair follicle test for drugs. I was like a kid in a candy store I was so darn happy. She put me on the line with the medical department and we scheduled everything for the next day. Took about two weeks because of Christmas and the holidays but signed my training contract agreement on the 1st of January and the school called me yesterday and said I was good to go and I can start class on the 19th!!!! So so excited to start this journey!