Comments By CT Trucker

• CT Trucker
  • Comments:

North east region

I never got experience all the southern and western regions always felt this area was my comfort zone (north east region) and was curious what other driver thought about coming this way !!! You are correct bleemus this area was really never made for the 53 footers but we seem to get it done anyway lol and Rob S you have to love the angry receivers best part of the day thats how you know your in NY/Nj lmao...

North east region

From a prior conversation is the north east region the toughest area to drive in ? What do you ladies and gents think ? Excited to hear these responses

Newbies in New York

I had to do a pick up a pick up in the Bronx today horrible lol, but got her done. I feel it takes a certain breed to do pickups or deliveries out there because it's a high stress atmosphere, but the only thing I can say take your time and game plan, Google maps makes things so much easier you can dry run your route before even stepping foot into the truck. With that said I try to avoid going lol

Backing AGAIN!

When I worked at Schneider I had a old Timer tell me he would carry around a 2x4 and sidewalk chalk to draw lines when backing at docks that didn't have lines or marking reference points on the ground for easier backs, I took that as great advice especially the fellow telling me this was 2 million miles accident-free

Dash cam

Funny you said that lily's momma, went to a truck stop and asked a few truckers and I went with the garmin dashcam 20 after realizing the garmin 35 had no sound bummer it was a nice cam, when I did the research on it told me it had sound but that was the European version. Your right it will save my butt if anything God forbid happens on the road!!!! Thanks for the video

Dash cam

So did a little bit more research and went with the garmin dashcam 35 ran about $175. I'm very happy with it now just have to find a portable mount because the mount it come with has two sided tape the only flaw it has

Dash cam

Looking to invest in a dash cam feel it's something to protect me as a driver, any recommendations on one, went to Walmart and seen one for $30 but I feel you get what you pay for lol....

Double clutching is hard :(

Check this guy out on YouTube he really helped me when I was in training, hope this helps you out

How To Double Clutch 101

This video will walk you through how to double clutch a big rig.

Jb hunt C&S

Hey everyone, so today was offer a position at JB Hunt doing C&S (shaws account) out of the Windsor CT location very excited , if anyone is in my area and has some details on the account love to hear about it.... also love to learn more about jb just haven't really seen up to date post

Werner dollar tree account

Thanks Brett for your insight on this topic, I totally forgot you did a dollar account with us-xpress. I want to save my back wrist and head as long as possible since the retirement age will probably be 70 by the time I'm ready lol...But definitely want to enjoy the account I'm on and not be miserable everyday.

Werner dollar tree account

Thank as for the advice fellas there is a lot more cons then pros on This account for sure !!! Guess I will keep my eyes open and see if there is any better opportunities out here

Werner dollar tree account

I seen the threads but they were a few years ago so wasn't sure if anything may have changed !!!! I don't mind hard work but not trying to blow my back out either lol... the recruiter said don't lift anything over 15 lbs lol

Werner dollar tree account

So I got off the phone with the recruiter at werner they have a dollar tree account opening which pays 46cpm and $225 per trailer load with a guarantee $1200 min per week with a $5000 sign on bonus... I know it's a piece by piece unload curious if it's worth it or look at something else...hope to get some helpful feedback

Schneider and may questions

Hey bud, the Schneider pay is on the website Idk if they changed it but I know it's up there, but you get paid the whole time your there.. Orientation is 3 weeks long it first week starts off by paperwork and training on driving the Schneider way week 2 your out with a trainer for that whole week then week 3 your learning the Qualcomm and trip planing then testing out. Hope this helps

Free agency

Hey everyone, so today 10 of us have been laid off alot sooner then we expected !!!! so will be looking to get back into the tractor again been in hot talks with JB Hunt all day just trying to find the right account with no NYC lol. Open to any suggestions from my brother or sisters out there !!!!

No experience or experienced

Hey fellas, It's been a while since I've been up here,looking to get back in the game I was driving 9 months for a food distribution company (class B ) and did occasional pick ups in a 53 so with recent budget cuts I will be getting laid off from my job !!!! So question I have will I be an experienced Driver when applying for jobs or have to start from day 1 again ?

Posted:  5 years, 1 month ago

Dedicated accounts

What are some good dedicated accounts in the Connecticut area and who are the companies???

Werner or Roehl tough decision

I did that, the problem is they are so similar lol

Werner or Roehl tough decision

Hey everyone hope all is well, So since being let go from Schneider i have done a lot of research and came down to two companies Werner and Roehl still looking for that one or two thing too set these companies apart from one another. Would love any type of feedback from my trucking truth family.

chris

Companys im looking into

Hey guys and girls, Few jobs I've been looking into since i was let go from Schneider are JB Hunt auto zone account( downer of this account doesn't open till end of October),Roehl doing a dedicated regional account or us xpress. Would love some feed back on these companies, used the website to my advantage but looking for a little more feedback from drivers of these companies