Profile For Daniel K.

Daniel K.'s Info

  • Location:

  • Driving Status:

  • Social Link:

  • Joined Us:
    9 years, 2 months ago

Daniel K.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Page 1 of 1

Posted:  9 years, 2 months ago

View Topic:

How to become a truck driver if you are not from USA

Thank you for your respond Rick. I will try to explain "opportunity" - friend of mine who is now in US knows people that own real, proper legal trucking company and they had connections with somebody who own a truck driving school (sorry for my English - not my first language). I get in touch with them and they told me that they can offer me a training and job. They will pay for CDL and training and they will hire me to drive for their company, but they can not help me with my legal status in US. When I first read their e-mail I thought Lady Luck finally looked at me. But when I do a little bit of research I realize that there are lots of trucking companies who offer that. I also realize that working visa in US is almost impossible to get.

Just from an legal/immigration standpoint - you cannot "legally work", on a B1/B2 tourist visa.

Some states may (or may not) issue a drivers license, so you can drive a car while you are here visiting - but they will likely not issue a CDL - since you won't have work authorization, and the license will expire at the same time your visa does.

So I'm not sure how you "got an opportunity to come to the US and be a truck driver" - if you cannot legally work on a tourist visa. And as lax as our immigration policy seems to be lately, entering on a tourist visa and working - is a sure way to find yourself homeward bound (whenever they get to you).

Add to that - to get a job at a "real trucking company", you have to go through a background check, already have a CDL, social security card and green card - that is, be LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK.


Posted:  9 years, 2 months ago

View Topic:

How to become a truck driver if you are not from USA

Hello I'm from Europe. And not from a cool part of Europe but from southeastern part. Balkan. I got an opportunity to come to US and become a truck driver. But to start process I need social security number. I do not have one because I'm not US citizen and I can only get tourist visa. I DO NOT want to be illegal immigrant or do anything illegal. I'm a family man. I would be gratefull if anybody can help me to overcome this issue. Thanks

Page 1 of 1

Why Join Trucking Truth?

We have an awesome set of tools that will help you understand the trucking industry and prepare for a great start to your trucking career. Not only that, but everything we offer here at TruckingTruth is 100% free - no strings attached! Sign up now and get instant access to our member's section:
High Road Training Program Logo
  • The High Road Training Program
  • The High Road Article Series
  • The Friendliest Trucker's Forum Ever!
  • Email Updates When New Articles Are Posted

Apply For Paid CDL Training Through TruckingTruth

Did you know you can fill out one quick form here on TruckingTruth and apply to several companies at once for paid CDL training? Seriously! The application only takes one minute. You will speak with recruiters today. There is no obligation whatsoever. Learn more and apply here:

Apply For Paid CDL Training