Profile For Parrothead66

Parrothead66's Info

Tyler, TX

Experienced Driver

6 years, 6 months ago

Parrothead66's Bio

Father of two & married to the greatest woman I know

Parrothead66's Photo Gallery Group 1 of 2

Posted:  1 month, 4 weeks ago

Million Dollar Highway & Moab

Agree 100%. Love that drive.

I agree but I’d rather take Durango to Cortez then to Montrose once the snow gets here.

Posted:  1 month, 4 weeks ago

Million Dollar Highway & Moab

Haven't been down there since March. Has Moab finally got the road construction done thru town?

Laura

Yes, it was pretty much open as far as I remember.

Posted:  1 month, 4 weeks ago

Made a switch

Thanks OS. I have no complaints about J.B. Hunt but I really like the Goodyear account and Ryder’s pay plan is pretty good so the switch wasn’t too hard.

Posted:  2 months ago

Million Dollar Highway & Moab

Drove through today. 107 miles from Durango to Montrose, it takes about 3 hours but it has some great views when you get a chance to glance. 0315537001629863506.jpg

0595914001629863581.jpg

0865590001629863626.jpg

Posted:  2 months ago

Made a switch

Well I switched companies to get back to my old account (Goodyear). The sign on bonus kind of made the decision pretty easy. I really like the account and the pay was already going to be an increase so I probably would’ve done it anyway, shhh don’t tell em.

0110378001629863116.jpg

0185795001629863190.jpg

Posted:  2 months ago

Dollar Accounts???

I’ve filled in on a Family Dollar account before and I don’t recommend it for ANYBODY but especially new drivers. As a new driver you’ve got a lot to focus on and this account is hand unload boxes, no carts. So you can have over 3,000 pieces on one trailer and 2-3 stops that are time scheduled. Being in Texas especially with the heat and humidity it’s physically exhausting which can lead to decreased focus and attention, then you throw on top of that the tight parking lot with the traffic, dumpsters, cars etc that create the backing issues.

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Bad News Good News

Well the bad news is that I learned while on vacation a couple of months ago that the Goodyear contract I’m on with J.B. Hunt got sold out to Ryder. Ryder in turn offered any current account drivers a sign on bonus that started at $3k then bumped to $5k and eventually $10k to be paid out at 30 & 90 days but you basically had a one year contract or pay back a portion. But the good news, thanks to JBH I won’t be switching companies as they matched the $10k as a retention bonus to all drivers that switched to another account. So I’m going back to flatbed hauling Hardie board dedicated.

Posted:  5 months ago

Dash Cam

Thanks Anne, I lurk 😂😂...Thanks Errol & Pete, I’ll look into those.

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Dash Cam

Anybody using Rand McNally dash cam?

Posted:  7 months, 1 week ago

RYDER

They got the new contract for our Goodyear account and I’m wondering about switching over to them or transferring to another account with J.B. Hunt. I have no complaints about my current company but I like running the Goodyear account and I know if Ryder doesn’t uphold to their word I would have any problem getting back on at J.B. Hunt.

Posted:  7 months, 1 week ago

RYDER

Anybody have any experience working for Ryder?

Posted:  8 months ago

Gps

I run the Rand 540 (I think), it’s the 5” screen and it’s 5-6 years old...never had a problem. Knocking on wood now. But as Scott said, their Atlas never breaks down

Posted:  8 months ago

What are your personal positives and negatives regarding jockeying a rig for a living?

Well in general half of the negatives aren’t true and the other half you’ll stand a chance to encounter no matter what walk of life you choose

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

Cold Encounters With The Elements

Y’all stay safe and Happy New Year

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

CDL Random Drug Test Breathalyzer Failure

What he said

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

Cold Encounters With The Elements

I’ve started a dedicated route up through Colorado each week. Probably not the best time of the year to start a Colorado route.

0787572001609390695.jpg

0205534001609390738.jpg

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

What’s everyone’s 20?

Limon, Colorado

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago

Trucking under Democratic or Republican Government

What Old School said...you’ll have a lot of people trying to push their beliefs as to how bad or good it is under one party...don’t believe the hype..

Posted:  1 year, 1 month ago

Sorry for my error

It’s all good man. I don’t think you sounded snooty or snoty dancing-banana.gif

Posted:  1 year, 1 month ago

Trucking landscape could look different after Nov. 3

0543653001598536622.jpg0436151001598536646.jpg0482172001598536668.jpg0334104001598536686.jpg