Profile For Parrothead66

Parrothead66's Info

Tyler, TX

Experienced Driver

3 years, 4 months ago

Parrothead66's Bio

Father of two & married to the greatest woman I know

Parrothead66's Photo Gallery

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Is that Text message worth it?

Currently in class to go back out and give a class on distracted driving. Really opened my eyes to a lot of new information. Although hands free is legal studies have shown that it’s not “significantly” safer than hand held. Using hand held though is 6x more likely to be involved in an accident than drunk driving.

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Phones

What’s your companies policy on phone use while driving? Just curious of the different policies as far as what’s allowed. Anybody have a one and done etc with hand held.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Trainers Deal Breakers

Is it only when they’re driving they can’t pee in the bottle? 😂

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Scaling A Flatbed Load

You must have eaten a big lunch while they reloaded it. You gained 60 lbs

Posted:  2 months ago

JB Hunt

You would think 🤔

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

How to Calculate pay

What he said

If you get paid by the day. That pay rate divided by the hours you work is what you make hourly. Is it worth it? Only you can answer that question.

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

JB Hunt

Any current J.B. Hunt drivers in here

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

New Driver

Listen & ask questions

Posted:  3 months, 2 weeks ago

Truck Stop Advice: Fiance' driving from San Antonio to Tacoma, WA

Just ask him not to park in the truck parking at truck stops. As Chris said use the trucker path app to find different truck stops. Also Buc-cee’s has ample parking and most Walmarts will allow him to park. Hope this helps.

Posted:  3 months, 2 weeks ago

Bad decision.

You try Uber or Lyft?

Posted:  3 months, 2 weeks ago

Stevens Transport Drug Test Question

Oh I agree, just saying if it truly was just secondhand.... My past ain’t perfect But I never was worried about failing a test because of secondhand smoke it was usually first hand knowledge

“Highly” unlikely that you would fail a drug test due to secondhand smoke.

To me not worth the risk

Posted:  3 months, 2 weeks ago

Stevens Transport Drug Test Question

“Highly” unlikely that you would fail a drug test due to secondhand smoke.

Posted:  3 months, 2 weeks ago

McElroy Truck Lines

Just a fyi....McElroy is adding a tarp pay plan...should have more information in the next couple weeks.

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

CRST Trainers - The Real Deal

All while pouring and drinking not 1 but 2 cups of coffee.

I'm not impressed. I once drove from Louisiana to Vermont blindfolded, with one arm tied behind my back!

rofl-3.gifshocked.pngrofl-3.gif

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

CDL School bad experience

Congratulations on your CDL and your local job. Hopefully things are going better and you’re getting to enjoy new experiences

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Information

Might consider McElroy if you’re in Mississippi. Good company and home every weekend.

Posted:  4 months ago

Just a heads up.....

It should have a reset button on the back. Small pin or paper clip can push it to rest. Also if it’s only 10 months old call and use your warranty to replace or repair it. I’ve had their 5” version for a little over 3 years without a problem. They’re a great tool to have in your arsenal.

Posted:  4 months ago

Help with choosing CDL School, Rethinking 1st choice

You should also take into consideration what type of driving you want to do. If want to do flatbed or reefer make sure that a division they offer. Do you want to run regional or otr. That can be the difference of being home every week or every 2-3 weeks. If you find a company school and the company offers what you want that’s great and free. I actually thought I wanted to drive for the oilfield and was able to pay out of pocket in Tyler Tx for about 3,500. I wound up driving flatbed and getting reimbursed as a lot of companies will do. Whatever you do don’t get pressured into something by a recruiter. They have a job to do I understand but that job is to sell their company. Take the time to make a good comfortable choice.

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Is my trucking career fked?

Old age is hell ain’t it

Have you tried Western Express?

I knew there was a third one I wanted to mention but I couldn't think of it. Geez!

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Never hurts to ask

Well as many on here have stated in some form or another. There’s $$ out there to be made it’s just a matter of who’s gonna make it. So I had a load of lumber coming out of Arkansas to deliver in Ennis TX that was due this morning. Since I knew I would be getting there last night I emailed my dispatcher and politely ask, “You think you might have anything in the yard I could run in the morning while I wait on my next trailer is loaded.” Reply: Come see me at 07:30. So I show up and he says there’s a concrete barrier company about 10 miles away and we need 4 loads from there to our new terminal site (about 35 miles round trip). So I run 4 loads of 3 30’ barriers, takes about 4-5 hours. I called a little later to let him know I had finished & would drop off the paperwork for him tomorrow. As these were basically in house loads there wasn’t really any set pay for them but he did let me know that for my efforts this morning I made an extra $243.00 today. Now I know there’s not always something available for you but it never hurts to ask.