Comments By Greg M.

• Greg M.
  • Comments:

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

First day flatbeding

Hopefully he will have time to soon. Gonna be interesting to hear from him!

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

Most miles legally in 11 hours?

Wow 805 miles! What kind of fuel mileage you get running that hard?

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

Congratulations! You going to drive for Roehl?

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

Introduction and hello!

Welcome to TT Nick

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

Scared of becoming a truck driver. Please help me!

Take your time. You can always get into trucking.

2nd day of orientation not going well.

He was speeding the posted limits and ran a stop sign.

That's not little stuff. He could have killed someone!

Probably why they sent him home! Today went much better! Everyone left their phones in their room and nobody got sent home! It was a good day and I feel much better about this company.

2nd day of orientation not going well.

Thanks guys! Hopefully today will go well. I got a feeling that a few people might get sent home today.

2nd day of orientation not going well.

He was speeding the posted limits and ran a stop sign.

2nd day of orientation not going well.

Its a flatbed company. I'm trying to be as positive as I can. Just didn't know how to take the threat of getting sent home. I did good on my driving test. I appreciate the encouragement!

2nd day of orientation not going well.

Just finished 2nd day of orientation. Things were going ok, I thought. At the end of the day we were logging out but had to make edits for our lunch break and the instructor went off and threatened to send us home! Said that people were getting ahead of him and no cell phones tomorrow and if anyone doses of again or gets ahead of him he is going to send you home. I just don't understand why he put up with the guys doing that for 2 days and all of a sudden flipped out and went off on everyone. One guy got sent home the first day for failing the road test, which I can understand. Getting the feeling this company is fire happy over little stuff.

Officers Search Semi Truck Because Driverโ€™s Clothes Were Too Clean. This Is What They Found.

Sounds like they were tipped off and not wanting to disclose it.

TruckerJames13

Not a bad idea honestly. Gives the name of his recruiter and his name, every person that refers him if they get hired he gets a bonus. With how many people watch him on youtube he has probably gotten allot.

I totally agree.

DOT physical

It's not hard to find a Dr.on the DOT registry in your area. Get a DOT physical. And study your states DMV book and get your permit and go from there.

DOT physical

I had a medical examiner require that I take a stress test over a heart related issue that I had over 20 years ago. The FMCSA leaves it up to the medical examiner. Have you had a stress test lately?

New Job

Good for you! Thank you for sharing.

Celadon Trucking School in Indy...........

Welcome TJ! I'm in Indiana, though I didn't go to celadon my trainer used to work for them. I know the route you will have to do for your skills test and if you want any info about it I would be happy to help. I tested at the same facility that they use.

I don't believe it, but I did it.

Good for you!

Off to Shaffer I go...

Well that's not too bad of an outcome. Everyone makes mistakes. The key in trucking is to make sure you never make any big ones. This was obviously a small one and hopefully it will help keep you sharp. Make sure you cover the small details that make all the difference in any procedure.

It definitely was a valuable lesson for me. Since then I've run across a number of other trailers that other drivers have left with the landing gear cranked down too much including one that someone cranked all the way down.

Hopefully they were empty trailers!

It's official, got my CDL-A today

Congratulations! Hope it goes well for you.

Question about drug testing

Depending on how many mg per day you have been talking and for how long. They recommend weaning your body from them by .5mg per month. Stopping cold turkey can have some effects nobody wants.