Comments By William C.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/truck-snow.jpg avatar
  • William C.
  • Comments:

Need advice on what to do now

Yes I got a 2 year card I'm thinking now I should of never said anything about the stroke but I wanted to be honest

Need advice on what to do now

Okay first of all I went to school through drivers solutions passed he physical and the school with no problems told them during the physical about my stroke I had 6 years ago still passed the physical with no problems 7 was supposed to leave for Pam transport tomorrow but just got a call from pam saying they are not going to hire me now because of the stroke so what do 7 do now

A rock and hard place

Check out drivers solution there's a link on her for them they may have a school in Pittsburgh if not really close to Pittsburgh that's who I went through

Automatic Transmissions

I drove a manual for about 18 months then automatic for more than 10 years then came off the road in 2009 I just finished cdl school last week and had no problem with the manual

Hassle-Free Truck Stops

The T.A. in Jessup MD

I got my class A CDL today

So I'm an officiall licensed class a cdl holder as of about 10 am today I report to pam transport for orientation on the 26th of this month

Pleasant surprise at school today

So I got to drive today since I had my pretrip and baking done. It's the first time I have driven a big truck in almost 6 years and the first time driving a manual in prolly 12 my instructor said I did fine and I would pass my driving test with no problem but my downshift is rusty which I knew it would be. But long story short I need to slow down when down shifting and let the rpm fall

Gah. Trucking school problems.

Just my opinion you an both go to company sponserd school and team together

Pleasant surprise at school today

So I passed the pre trip yesterday and didn't think I would do the backing test until tomorrow but I was helping a class mate with his PTI and the instructor calls me over and asked me if I was ready to take the backing test I said sure why not I had to do offset straight line and 90 so I was a little nervous and I aced all three with 0 points

Passed the pre-trip today

Passed the pre-trip inspection test with flying colors thanks to Daniel B's study guide and pictures . Now I just have to pass the backing test, hopefully tomorrow, then I just need to get my driving hours in.

New cdl permit law

The school I'm in posted something on their bulletin board at our school the other day that said starting October 3rd once you get your permit you have to have it for 14 days until you can start any cdl testing I already have mine so I got grandfathered in but is this really true so people starting school on Monday know about this

BMI question

I might be wrong but I think if it's over 39

Started backing today

So as the title says we started backing in school today I nailed the straight line backing no problem but I'm a little rusty with the offset after being out of the truck for 6 years it took me 1 pull up each of the 3 times I did it today but with practice I'll nail it with no problem come test day

The path to experience.

Have you ever thought of a welfare program that may help you with the experience...I heard that works for some people

What welfare program are you talking about I've never heard of a welfare program

Trucker's supplies for the road?

A small multi piece tool kit you can get at harbor freight tools pretty cheap winter gloves

Trip planning/Driving time

Are you planning toteam or go solo when I ran team with my ex we would do 12 hour shifts she would do noon to midnight and I would do midnight to noon

Nervous about my new career..

Many States CDL driving tests no longer have a 90 backing maneuver anymore, so don't let it get to you.

I 68 & I 79 - I travel that periodically when hauling hazmat that can't go on the penna turnpike. Any reason you chose that name? Those folks in cumberland MD must be used to the smell of brakes....

It's the secret location of my town, for those who know what city those two Interstates intersect. I don't actually reside there anymore but it's home to me.

wheeling Wv

The new Wal Mart truck

I think it's pretty cool but I wouldn't want to drive it

Where does your COMPANY CSA score stand?

How and where do you go to find this score I would like to see what PAM TRANSPORT score is thank you

HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE BAD OR NOT?

You have to be at 140/90 or better for a 2 year card