Comments By Joe L.

https://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y333/Joe_Licknack/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0202_zpsjzmpciuw.jpg avatar
  • Joe L.
  • 7 years ago
  • Comments:

I messed up

I'm not quitting, I'm just worried that if I do quit, even in a year or two that it will get me in trouble. Thank you for such a thorough response by the way

I messed up

So I was at my receiver, and had to an alley dock. The only way to complete the maneuver was to hug a tree line. My truck is now bent near the passenger side steps. is my company going to come after me when I turn in my truck? This happened a few days ago and I did not realize until today... I'm really nervous about it do to the fact that I am new and don't want to destroy my DAC

Air brakes are bleeding

Sorry for the typos, I'm getting a new phone tomorrow

Wanting to get into the field, have no experience, who is the best school to go go?

I would recommend Prime Inc. They have what I would honestly call the best company sponsored training program. I went to their school without a CDL on a Monday, by Saturday I already had my permit and was in a truck with an instructor. 2 weeks later, obtained my CDL. 30,000 miles of team training (700$) a week, I was assigned my first truck as a solo driver making .43 a mile. I started the process February 29th and got my truck last week. If you prefer hands on learning as opposed to classroom such as I, than I highly recommend it.

Air brakes are bleeding

hey guys, so I'm sitting at a pilot with my truck off. I noticed that my air brakes are slowly but surely losig PSI. Is this normal? I don't remember learning this in school. I already build the air back up once and it's already back down to 90 psi.

Lumper unload driver count ?

hey guys, just got my first load ever. the receiver is a LUDC facility. do I just count the pallets when they come off the truck? thanks.

Quick Question.... DEF Fuel

I tend to use 2:1 fuel to DEF

Turning in truck

anybody know the process of what happens when you turn in your truck? I'm not leaving my company, I enjoy working here. I'm just curious how the process works. do you just drop it off or do they have to inspect it?

Just landed in Springfield, MO!

Hey! I just left this morning with my instructor. We are in Springfield getting loaded. Prime gives you a free lunch when you check in, make sure you grab it!!!

Waiting for the shuttle and hoping there is food near where I'm staying. I'm starving.

Prime PSDS students starting tomorrow give a shout!

Just received my greyhound ticket!

Thanks for the support!

-also, I'm attending Prime PSD for anyone who was curious. I'm slightly nervous but I assume that's natural.. just going to take it day by day and absorb as much information as possible.

Just received my greyhound ticket!

Hello everyone, Im very excited to say that I have received my greyhound bus ticket today. I will be leaving from Mount Laurel NJ on the 27th, arriving in Springfield 28 hours later. I very much look forward to the experience! If only I had the money to fly on a plane -_-

SUPERBOWL SUNDAY.... GREY DOG TO SPRINGFIELD TO START AT PRIME.... WILL UPDATE DAILY

Highly informative man good luck and stay safe out there!

Received my orientation date

I went to a private school, so I already have my CDL. I think your making a good choice with going with Prime though. I've met some people that came over from other companies and they have good things to say about Prime in relation to their previous companies.

Right on man. Stay safe out there and thanks for the tips!

Received my orientation date

I am attending the school, yourself? if so how do you like it?

Anyone's experience with Smith and Solomon / Philly

I tried getting in to the Lakewood nj campus but couldn't come up with the funds. I've heard great things about S&S. They get you prepared not just for the exam

Received my orientation date

Hey guys, I received a call today from a new recruiter from prime who was happy to tell me my application is all cleared to attend orientation. I was told that one of my previous places of employment still needs to be verified, but as long as my references check out, that should not be a problem. I'm set up to be in Springfield on the 29th. As you would assume, I am pretty stoked :) Now to put in my notice at my current employer and continue studying the High Road. I will keep this updated for anyone who is interested in following me through this process. Thanks for the precious info.

Joe

Employment history

Sorry for the typo, I'm on the job right now and wanted to get this post up. :D

Employment history

so my prime recruiter just emailed me saying that one of my previous employers told her I never worked for him and he has no record of me. (I worked under the table and quit with no notice)

she told me to give her 3 non related references ststig that I worked at the job, do you guys think she will take me? one of the references is an old coworker from that job. I hate having to wait for her reply! keeping my fingers crossed!

Question for high road cdl training

Thanks Brett you're the best.

I'm going tanker division at prime. anyone know if they get a lot of loads for tanker?

Question for high road cdl training

which sections on the High Road training is for the general knowledge portion of the test? I just wanted to make sure