Comments By The Transporter

https://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g262/sykotom/12019980_10204709830288697_8517141502728595422_n.jpg avatar

Prime inc Springfield CDL training 3/6/2017 female student

Good job Kori!! Good luck with the shifting. I'll be here at SPRIMO all weekend.

Prime tnt

I hope to be in TNT by next week bruthah!! Keep up the good work. After its all said and done we'll be drinkin Frappes at Red Sox games while waiting for our trailers to be loaded.

Prime Bound

Congratulations to DAN R for going into PRIME. I wish you the best.

Also to Rainy D., Congratulations on your new ride. Hope it works out. dancing-banana.gif

8 hours and counting

I brought a load into Walgreens D.C. In mount Vernon IL. Got here at 730 this morning for a 8:00 appt. it's now 4:05 and still being unloaded. They started right away when I got here. I went in after 4 hours and asked what was going on and she told me they have to sort and count everything as they unload it. I can't believe this is how they do it. I mean why not pull it all off and then count it instead of holding a driver all day doing it a pallet at a time. I'm a pretty easy going guy but this is rediculous.

I also experienced the same thing in Michigan. I was dumbfounded that I as a USPS manager always ensured trucks were unloaded asap. Yet some of these places I pull into are what I'm guessing using the force of the UNION maybe. (shrug)

PRIME SALT LAKE CITY 3-6-2017 I'm ALIVE!!

As for customers, just kill them with kindness and you will probably get treated better and sometimes unloaded faster. They are our customer. Not the other way around, so some think because of that we need to cater to them and attitudes aren't always great. But the majority have decent people who change their tune with a smile.

Gurl.... I concur. I'm EAST COAST born and raised and spent 20 years in the USPS and was an UBER/LYFT guy. I specialize in making even angry people smile. I just find it amusing how some places you stop at it's quite apparent they hate their job. Hershey, PA. the Sweetest Place on earth. I was amused that greeter at "WELCOME CENTER" at the plant wasn't so sweet. Must have been a bad day. #snowstormfromhell

PRIME SALT LAKE CITY 3-6-2017 I'm ALIVE!!

I will save you a spot at the rock or surfers point, lol. Congrats on PSD, TNT is right around the corner.

My Day as an UBER driver started at Surfer's Point daily. Now I'm just somebody I used to know.rofl-3.gif

PRIME SALT LAKE CITY 3-6-2017 I'm ALIVE!!

So after our accident in Ohio we picked up another load. That was kind of dumb but not my call. We made it as far as Iowa and the weight of the Cargill meat must have added more wear and tear on the truck. As I was driving and singing along to Metallica and Duran Duran, the pitch of my voice must have caused us to lose PSI and I pulled over immediately. We were stranded in Iowa for a while till a tow truck brought us 5 hours away to SPRIMO. Been here for the last couple of days. The air bags blew, The shock absorbers shot, the frame bent, the torque arm bent, and more. Mechanic at Freightliner said I'm lucky to be alive. Great. I only been driving for a week and twice I'm lucky to be alive. I don't need a trifecta in life. I'm beyond that I think. I did see Rainy D. at SPRIMO though. She didn't see me. I'm kind of invisible even though I'm the only one not wearing Duck Dynasty outfits. I just want to get back to Salt Lake City and do the test. I'm ready. I do wish all the new Primates the best of luck on their careers. #ifIcandoTHISanybodyCAN I had the chance to check out Campus Inn in Springfield and I'm really glad I started in Salt Lake City. Although the facilities at the main Prime building in Springfield are pretty amazing. I suggest if you ever get bored there is always the chance to see the Worlds Largest Fork in Springfield, Missouri. My only advice to anybody including myself, don't get too comfortable, always stay alert, always expect the unexpected, and adapt, improvise, and overcome any problem situation. Stay Safe!!good-luck-2.gif

PRIME SALT LAKE CITY 3-6-2017 I'm ALIVE!!

I would just first off like to say ....... WOW. Just WOW!!

Three weeks ago I got my permit to drive a Semi and on the 5th of March I was on an 18 hour bus ride from Ventura, CA. to Prime Salt Lake City where I stayed at the Ramada. I was sick as a dog too but I would not give up. I heard SPRIMO had 88 students that week so I felt pretty lucky. We had 5 students in our class. Tuesday we spent the day getting another D.O.T. medical card and Wed. thru Fri. we were on the simulators. I kind of shied away from them as much as I could because I was so sick. Friday I had a trainer and I was driving a standard 10 speed in a Semi, not knowing what the hell I was doing from Salt Lake City to Fort Worth Texas. Then we went to SPRIMO headquarters. Awesome place. I should be there again tomorrow, I hope. Then we joined the onslaught of trucks heading to the east coast for the big storm and ended up in Pennsylvania. But here is the real story. I had been driving for 7 days. Still not that great with shifting off the freeways and on the side roads. Here I was on the Freeway in Ohio during a small snow storm in the right lane. A car ahead of me three lanes to the left decided to spin out and aim to the right lane where I was. Luckily my New England instincts kicked in and I was able to swerve around the car instead of driving into them. Then they bounced off the wall and hit us directly in the two right rear tractor wheels damaging them, and took out the part of the APU. Meanwhile I'm sliding down a freeway sideways looking at the trailer out my right window and by handling it like I have in past snowstorms with a car, I was able to pull us out of the jam and pull over on the side off the road safely. My trainer thanked me for saving his life. We were stranded for about 6 hours and I have PTSD but overall it was a beautiful thing to say I made it to the I-80 in Iowa and say that I'm alive at the worlds largest truck stop. Just cant wait to get my license in a week or so and I'll probably never drive a standard again. I'm not really a fan of the extra work. But I'm really overwhelmed by learning so much in such little time and I'm proud to be a Primate in training. Really thankful for this website inspiring me to change my life and be successful in the Trucking world. I'm not too happy about the customer service some of these shipping and receiving offices provide but I'm really happy when I get a hot shower. They are a blessing. Spring is here and I wish you all a healthy and safe driving experience.thank-you-2.gif

Anyone at Prime SLC?

I'll be at SLC PRIME on Monday. Please have the heater running for me before I get there.

It will be nice to have someone there encourage me on my life changing endeavors. Even if I will be driving 57 mph at odd hours of the evening.

If I happen to see you I can share stories of why I went Coastal instead of going Postal.

#winning

Prime Inc. CDL training. Springfield, Missouri

Been watching your journey from the beginning. It went by fast. Congratulations on overcoming the beginning phase of your new life. I'm following your lead and will be in PRIME SLC in 12 days. Thank you for sharing your ride. Its quite helpful knowing what I have to look forward to.

Prime PSD Springfield MO 02/20/17

I'll be at Prime Salt Lake City on March 6. I already have my medical card and CDL permit so I guess I'm ahead of the game. Except I cant seem to sleep anymore over the anxiety of knowing what I have to look forward to. Thank you for sharing your experience as I too will be sharing mine from SLC. ACK!!! Its almost time.

First year pay totals with Prime

Also keep in mind it is more of a mental job than a physical one. The most exercise I get is winding the landing gear. But you need to be mentally alert at all times. You need to focus and not zone out. You need to anticipate the every move of idiots on the road.

Today I was driving Uber behind a flat bed trailer with a bulldozer and a ten foot pole sticking out of the back of the trailer. Being focused and anticipating that this knucklehead would drive under a low underpass not realizing that the pole might not make it probably saved my life. I kept my distance and sure enough that pole hit the bridge and snapped off and probably would have killed anyone that followed closer than I did. Of course he stopped and got out to look and laughed. I wont even begin to mention how this East Coast guy handles situations like this in a West Coast environment but needless to say..... It was a good day to be alive. Thank you Rainy for all your informative posts. 12 more days and I'm in SLC PRIME. good-luck-2.gif

Are there any good trainers out there??

I hope my trainer at Prime S.L.C. is legit. I've dealt with my share of knuckleheads at the USPS for 20 years so I should be ok with just about anybody who wants to help me succeed. A.I.O. (Adapt Improvise and Overcome) 12 more days... please dont get sick. Please dont get sick. Please dont get sick.

Pre-Trip Inspection - My Way! A must see!

3/6/2017 Salt Lake City, Utah Prime Inc. a day that will hopefully forever change my life as I start my school. This is an amazing and helpful tool for me to glance at every time I'm not doing anything else. Great photos and great tips. Now if I can only allow my burnt out almost 50 year old brain to retain all that information. Knowledge is certainly power and I hope to get through this like any one else. Thanks again for posting this. Trucking Truth and its members RULE!!! good-luck-2.gifthank-you-2.gif

Anyone starting at prime on 3/6/17?

Well its ok. They called me today and told me I'm approved and will be in Salt Lake City on March 6th. #lifechangingevent

This is insane. I'm so full of excitement I cant even sleep anymore. Which is ok because I am pretty sure I wont have normal sleep for a very long time. I think they wanted all of my Uber documents because that was my only job at the time. YES!!!

WE GOT THIS!!!!

dancing-banana.gifdancing.gifdancing-banana.gifgood-luck.gif

Anyone starting at prime on 3/6/17?

Good Luck Patrick R. Its all up hill from here. And down hill. And up hill, And across deserts, and through fruited plains, and amber waves of grain, and across ice, and through monsoons, and....... Oh well.... YOU GOT THIS!! We all do. Just got a call from my recruiter. Gawd. Being self employed is such a problem. Now they want my UBER statements from 2017. What does it matter? I'm just trying to get a job. I need a job to get a job. Aiiii aiii aiii. confused.gifgood-luck.gifgood-luck-2.gif

Headed to Prime Salt Lake Feb 21

Still waiting on DAC background report but I should be there a week later. Nice to know I can get a free haircut while I'm there.

good-luck.gifgood-luck-2.gif

Anyone starting at prime on 3/6/17?

I'm still waiting on my background check to be complete but we discussed starting March 6, 2017 at Prime. I have my CDL Permit and am ready to go. Nothing is ever easy with me though. Always complications somewhere, but I have my fingers crossed hoping I'll hear back tomorrow. The High Road info on here has been most helpful and the trucker's experiences I read daily. Pretty positive atmosphere so far. Its why I left the USPS after 20 years. Most toxic and unhappy place I never wanted to be in. I went Coastal instead of going Postal. Good luck to you and I'm sure I'll see you there.

good-luck.gifgood-luck-2.gif

Company Driver's Perspective for Prime Inc.

Thank you for that Ricky. Being with Prime is my plan. I've already talked to the recruiter and today.... YAYYYY!!! I passed my CDL Permit exam. Super psyched!!! I'm a veteran and have been desecrated on most of my life so I'm pretty sure I can handle the "mistreatment" of learning a new skill. I'm so ready and hope to be there in the next few weeks. Trucking Truth High Road and all of these forums have been inspiring to say the least. See you on the road.

thank-you.gif

Frustrations training with Prime on the road

Oh boy. Looking forward to all of this. Did my DOT physical today and taking CDL permit exam in a couple of days. I should be at Prime within the month. Pretty sure I can handle this. I've been to Hell and back and don't mind the view from here. Gotta say its really kewl for those who have been there to encourage those that start to lose their way. The world is a better place.