Comments By Bolt

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0873983001517970621-47748.jpg avatar
  • Bolt
  • Comments:

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Lack of work history... What companies will accept me?

Swift has given me the green light. Now I have solid job history but a lot if hopping around between construction companies.

Ozark Motor or swift??

Do you already have a CDL? Others will chime in and post various links to help you.

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

I really need some advice ☹️

G-town how did the ride along go?

Podcasts

How many of you listen to podcasts while driving and what do you listen to?

61 And Starting Drivers Solutions CDL Training Monday

Thanks G-Town, and yes I will say hi to Errol. I have a little experience backing articulating vehicles. Mainly 1 tons with 30' goose neck trailers. I understand that is about 20-30' shorter than a semi but I am thinking the trailers should react the same. I look forward to the backing challenges. I'm the guy that wants the bigger challenge. Tell me I can't and I will or hurt myself trying.

Kudos to Swift

Hey Bolt, I can't zoom in quite close enough on your avatar pic to see what year that bike is. Watcha got there?

1995 Sportster. She is my mistress.

SWIFT or Schneider

What are your concerns about driving, or at least training in a standard?

61 And Starting Drivers Solutions CDL Training Monday

Dan, I am getting ready to go to Swift and this is what they have told me: 1. Go to Memphis, with CDL permit, unpaid CDL training for 3 weeks. Head home for a couple days then back to Memphis to catch a trainer. 2. GO with trainer for 200 hours or about 4 weeks, $500 a week training pay. Come back home for a couple days head back to Memphis to get my own truck. 3. Once solo .39-40 cpm

Here is the best part. As a vet I do not have to pay for the training or hotel. The only stipulation is to drive for them for a year. I am only at this point preparing to go. I still need to get my permit and physical which will be handled this week. So I can only tell you what I have been told.

Kudos to Swift

Thanks guys for the responses. Big Scott I appreciate your words about CFI. I know you are passionate about them as you plug them ever chance you get. LOL. Growing up just a few miles from Joplin I have had several friends who have driven for them over the years. Once I get into training I will start a training diary. I was looking through them the other day and noticed that nobody has started one on Swift recently.

Kudos to Swift

Swift has definitely exceeded my expectations.

No regrets; made life long friends, work on a great account, drive great equipment, and have tremendous professionals supporting me and driving along side of me.

G-town you and Errol and all the other positive feedback concerning Swift is what changed my mind. Im excited about this. I should be in Memphis on July 9th.

Kudos to Swift

When I first got serious about trucking Swift was always on the very bottom of my list. My reasoning was very solid: It was based on the wonderful reviews and reputation from the internet, truck stops, and any other place two or more truckers were gathered up. After being on Trucking Truth for almost three years and doing a lot of research, listening to those that actually drive for Swift, and opening my mind to new possibilities Swift has become my company of choice.

As a veteran I am getting my training paid for without any repayment plan as long as I stay with them for a year. As I going through their online assignment I noticed that the student is responsible for their room. When I questioned my recruiter about this again as a veteran that is handled for me. So basically it will not cost me anything more than food and licensing fees to get my cdl. That is awesome.

If you are looking for a company definitely give Swift a look see.

SWIFT Drop and Hook?

I am going to the SWIFT Academy in July. My recruiter is telling me that the loads are 99.9% drop and hook. Is he telling me the truth? I friend who drove for them says that bull.

Which academy are you going to? I will be in Memphis in July.

Im back.....again

After about a 5 month sabitical from the forum I am back. No specific reason I haven't been on here just busy I suppose. Anyhow, I have reconnected with my recruiter Veronica from swift. We are working towards getting me in the Memphis training academy on July 9. Errol look forward to finally meeting you.

Right now she has me watching a CDL training video series. Lots of info but dry as a popcorn fart. Lol. I have been studying the high road training guide so most if the videos are just reviews.

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

SLOW DOWN in adverse conditions

It.s a plot by the insurance companies. confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

SLOW DOWN in adverse conditions

There were two pileups on I 44 this weekend around the Springfield, MO area and one further west in Oklahoma. Between the three there were close to 100 cars and trucks involved.

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Hey Errol

I would love to Errol, unfortunately i'm still trying to clean my closet if skeletons. I also need to make sure I have enough cash stacked up to make it through the first couple months.

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Hey Errol

Im looking at trying to be at the academy around March 15.

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Hey Errol

When do you start teaching at the academy?

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

CDL school update.

I rarely try to post any type of advise since im not in the industry, but to add to what Erroll said: I have the where with all to pay for a private school and have looked at it extensively, I also have have skeletons in my closet and those suckers keep falling out. Most of the companies I have been interested in that hire recent grads have told me to wait a little while longer. I have since decided on company paid CDL training. At the end of training I know I have a job.

Hope this helps.

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Getting OFF the road, finally!

Congrats Errol. I was hoping to maybe visit with you when I get to Memphis, now it looks like you will be teaching me even more. Not sure when I will be there but probably around April or May.